Deployment help

Hi Guys,

I have created a deployment package for a piece of software with a list of steps. Now this seems to run fine when i run it locally but when i use a deployment product (LANDesk) i get an issue where it will launch the correct installer but because the window isnt "active" or "live" it wont progress. If i click on the window attached "issue" the program will then run through and work as planned.

So basically i need to make this window active. This is the start of my command, Im a complete newb so any help would be really appreciated. Its seems like the winwaitactive command isnt working but when i run it locally its fine. Thanks in advance.

Run ("msiexec /i SystmOne.msi")
winwaitactive ("[CLASS:MsiDialogCloseClass]")
Send ("!n")
Sleep (2000)
Send ("{tab}")
Send ("{tab}")
Send ("{tab}")

issue.PNG

I'm assuming you're in a corporate environment.

Deploying software with LANDesk should always be made in the background.

If you make random windows appear while the user is working, he will most likely interfere with your setup routines by closing the window or else.

For almost every good software there's an option for a "silent install" which runs completely invisible and saves yourself a lot of window-management work.

A quick Google search led me to this site describing how to silently install the software:

http://www.bundlecommander.com/index.php/blog/48-carefusion-systmone

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Radiance,

Yep your 100% correct, however the package isnt deploying, it runs and sits there so running as the client account gives me a bit of insite into what the program is doing and where its getting stuck. The software does has a silent install however we require the software install to be customized and do several different steps after.

Hi Water - I found that article however, i want to find out why its happening as i have several pacakge to create after this that has no silent install so i might as well figure it out now rather then leave it with next weeks problems :)

I assume LANDesk is running as a service in the background. Is the service enabled to interact with the desktop?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Isn't it possible to use the Control* functions instead of Send etc?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What does Send ("!n") do?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You would need to run the AutoIt Window Info Tool and grab the ControlId of the "next" button.
Then use

ControlClick("TPP SystmOne Setup", "", Control-ID as retrieved by the AutoIt Window Info Tool)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water, I have just done that and tested it local and it works but again through LANDesk it doesnt seem to. Im wondering if its not kicking off the MSI. If i run the job locally i can see 3 MSIEXEC services kick off. When running through LANDesk i can only see 1 start. I have added the file path in but i dont seem to be making any progress.  Thanks for your help with this.

FileChangeDir ("C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages$\SystmOne")
Run ("msiexec /i SystmOne.msi")
winwait ("[CLASS:MsiDialogCloseClass]")
WinActivate ("[CLASS:MsiDialogCloseClass]")
ControlClick("TPP SystmOne Setup", "", 226)

Set the working dir for Run:

Run ("msiexec /i SystmOne.msi", "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\packages$\SystmOne")

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki