ControlSetText wont work

Vikas Sethi

I am using the AutoIT component in my VB application and playing around with windows mixing it with my VB code. All is great fun and working very well. However, there are few areas that are not responding despite the fact that I am doing everything right according to the documentation. For example:

objAuto.ControlSetText "Web Browser", "", .ControlGetFocus("Web Browser", ""), "Vikas Sethi"

This code should set the text of the box which has the focus to "Vikas Sethi". But it is not doing that. I am also not getting any error because it returns 1 as the value.

Can anyone help?

I am using the AutoIT component in my VB application and playing around with windows mixing it with my VB code. All is great fun and working very well. However, there are few areas that are not responding despite the fact that I am doing everything right according to the documentation. For example:

objAuto.ControlSetText "Web Browser", "", .ControlGetFocus("Web Browser", ""), "Vikas Sethi"

This code should set the text of the box which has the focus to "Vikas Sethi". But it is not doing that. I am also not getting any error because it returns 1 as the value.

Can anyone help?

The "Web Browser" parameter is wrong maybe?

You are trying to access a control by looking for its title called "Web Browser". Which I think is wrong.

Just use : objAuto.ControlSetText("", "", ControlGetFocus("" ,""), "Vikas Sethi")

That will work.

Try it in notepad first.