AutoIt3Wrapper

dolphins

Hi,

I want to use directives for the AutoIt3Wrapper. On my production machine I am using AutoIt Version 3.3.8.1 and SciTE Version 2.28. Since I am not using SciTE for editing, I didn't care about that old Version since now. But in Version 2.28 there is no AutoIt3Wrapper included. On a test machine I am running 3.3.14.0 and SciTE 3.6.0 (AutoIt3Wrapper is included).

I want to use #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel. How should I proceed now for my production machine with AutoIt 3.3.8.1. Can I upgrade to SciTE 3.6.0 without any (bad) impact on my installed AutoIt Version 3.3.8.1? And after I installed SciTE 3.6.0 what do I have to do to 'activate' the #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel directive? For example I would write #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator at the beginning of my .au3-file. Anything else I have to do, so that this directive will be used?

Regards
dolphins

Ok, I did find out how it works on my test machine.

So there is only the question left, if the Installation of SciTE will have any (bad) Impact on my installed 3.3.8.1 Version of AutoIt. And maybe also the question, if SciTE 3.6.0 will work together with AutoIt 3.3.8.1 out of the box? Since this is my production machine I really would like to know about any possible issues, before i try it :)    Thanks in advance!

Edited by dolphins

• Developers

Should work fine, all that might happen is that the AutoIt3 config files used for highlighting etc will be upgraded to the newer version of AutoIt3.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Oh well, if I try to compile a au3 file within SciTE 3.6.0 on my production machine that has AutoIt Version 3.3.8.1 I run into compile Errors. This version don't know about some syntax that is used in the AutoIt3Wrapper au3-files.

Since I don't want to upgrade from 3.3.8.1 to a newer version of AutoIt on my production machine, I guess I have to compile those au3-files with AutoIt3Wrapper-directives on my test machine.

• Developers

You have to be a little clearer to me to understand what the issue is. In case it is au3check that is giving errors then it simply means you need to restore the config files for Autoit3 for your version (as I kinda already mentioned). ;)

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)