can someone check conversion from batch to autoit

Briandr

Hi,

I been working through converting a batch file that needs to run with admin level rights, which I am hoping the #RequireAdmin will allow. In the debugger the code checks out clean. But could someone compare the batch and autoit code to see if something looks wrong?

#include <File.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon
#RequireAdmin

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'net stop pcasvc', "", @SW_HIDE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'net start pcasvc', "", @SW_HIDE)

If @OSArch = "X86" Then
        $ArchType = ""
        FileChangeDir("%systemroot%\system32")
        If FileExists("myold02.scr") Then Exit
        If FileExists("my.scr") Then RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'ren "my.scr" "myold02.scr"' , "", @SW_HIDE)
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'copy /y "%~dp0\my.scr" "%systemroot%\system32\my.scr"' , "", @SW_HIDE)
        Exit
    ElseIf @OSArch = "64" Then
        FileChangeDir("%systemroot%\sysnative")
        If FileExists("myold02.scr") Then Exit
        If FileExists("my.scr") Then RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'ren "my.scr" "myold02.scr"' , "", @SW_HIDE)
        FileChangeDir("%systemroot%\syswow64")
        RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'copy /y "%~dp0\my.scr" "%windir%\syswow64\my.scr"' , "", @SW_HIDE)
        Exit
    EndIf

===================================================================================================================================

@ECHO OFF
Set RegVar=HKLM\Hardware\Description\System\CentralProcessor\0
REG.exe Query %RegVar% 2>NUL | find /I /N "x86">NUL
If [%ERRORLEVEL%] == [0] (
    echo X86
    cd %systemroot%\system32
    If exist "myold02.scr" exit        
    If exist "my.scr" ren "my.scr" "myold02.scr"
    GOTO FILEMOVE1
) ELSE (
    echo AMD64
        cd %systemroot%\sysnative
    If exist "myold02.scr" exit 
    cd %windir%\sysWOW64
        GOTO FILEMOVE2 

)
:FILEMOVE1
COPY /Y "%~dp0\my.scr" "%systemroot%\system32\my.scr"
exit
:FILEMOVE2
%systemroot%\sysnative\cmd.exe /c copy /y "%~dp0\my.scr" "%systemroot%\system32\my.scr"
COPY /Y "%~dp0\my.scr" "%windir%\sysWOW64\my.scr"
exit

It does not appear that the renaming I'd like to see happen if the condition are true is working. I am not sure how much of the code above is working. Am I going to need to log every line? I wish there was a way to put this into interactive mode so I could see the Autoit EXE in action. 

Edited by Briandr

Thanks Exit. I added the option to expand the the EnvStrings (ExpandEnvStrings) but I did it at the top of the code. I haven't added the msg box code in just yet. Wasn't sure I needed it. Either way it still does not appear to be handling the renames.

Edited by Briandr

If FileExists("my.scr") Then FileMove("my.scr" ,"myold02.scr")

or

If FileExists("my.scr") Then
    FileMove("my.scr", "myold02.scr")
Else
    MsgBox(16 + 262144, Default, "File my.scr not found", 0)
EndIf

Edited by Exit

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Great ideas and thanks Exit. I have found for whatever reason a batch command executing from the prompt seems to work. Just not sure how to handle this line.

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'copy /y "%~dp0\my.scr" "%systemroot%\system32\my.scr"', "", @SW_HIDE)

The AutoIT exe and the screen saver file right now are in a 7Zip self extracting file. When the autoit file runs it as if does not know where to find and copy the screensaver file from. I do know MS puts up huge roadblocks trying to copy to c:\windows\system32 or c:\windows\syswow64.

I know FileInstall might be an option but I rather execute this from the command line. Hoping for ideas and thanks again

Edited by Briandr

Something funky happens with this command. Its as if the security changes on the file. I end up with a gold padlock on the file and when I click the screensaver to open it appears the association is broken. Although the file name does end in .scr.

It looks like 'users' loose security is lost with a moved or copied file. Can AutoIT fix this?

Edited by Briandr