Compiler options no longer display on F7

DickG

• Developers

Are you running the Lite Version of SciTE that comes with AutoIt3 in stead of the Full version that comes with the  separate installer? (Check help/About)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

5 minutes ago, Jos said:

Are you running the Lite Version of SciTE that comes with AutoIt3 in stead of the Full version that comes with the  separate installer? (Check help/About)

Jos

I'm running the full version of SciTE.

• Developers

Ok, some more checks:

• do you see all options under the tools dropdown menu? 
  • Have you modified any properties files like au3.properties, SciteGlobal.properties or SciTEUser.properties?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

15 minutes ago, Jos said:

Ok, some more checks:

• do you see all options under the tools dropdown menu? 

Yes.

• Have you modified any properties files like au3.properties, SciteGlobal.properties or SciTEUser.properties?

Not that I know of. But those files don't have a more recent date than before.

Jos 

• Developers

Does the Tools menu Include "Compile Ctrl+F7"?   
and when yes: what happens when you select it?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

11 minutes ago, Jos said:

Does the Tools menu Include "Compile Ctrl+F7"?   
and when yes: what happens when you select it?

Jos

Yes it does. It runs w/o showing the AutoIt Wrapper GUI.

However, I just tried compiling a different script, it the GUI appears!!! I have no idea why because did not change any of the compile parameters before that (that I know of -- but it's possible I might have hit some wrong keys to do something like that). So it looks like it's somehow linked to that one script.

• Developers

Show the info from the SciTE output pane when you trying the "Compile with options"and gui isn't showing.
Also specify any "#AutoIt3Wrapper_" directive you have in the script source.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

11 minutes ago, Jos said:

Show the info from the SciTE output pane when you trying the "Compile with options"and gui isn't showing.
Also specify any "#AutoIt3Wrapper_" directive you have in the script source.

Jos

Jos, I just found out the problem: It's a weird one.

I found a backup version of my script that showed the Wrapper GUI, then made a temp file of that. Then I started replacing one section at a time to see if it still shows. I homed in on 4 lines of code that used characters from an HTML that I was trying to delete. They were "â–¶ ". So these lines were causing the problem: (see code)"â–¶ "

;Remove "â–¶ " from any string. This prevents characters above Chr(128) from displaying.
If StringInStr($Bookmark, "â–¶ ") Then
    ;MsgBox(0, $ThisFunc, "Found 'â–¶ ' in " & $Bookmark)
    $Bookmark = StringReplace($Bookmark, "â–¶ ", "")
EndIf

Even if I deleted the If statement but left the commented out line, it still refused to show the Wrapper GUI. But when I replaced the characters with Chr(), it worked! I've never seen anything like this before. What do you think causes this?

• Developers

I cannot replicate your problem when I copy&paste that snippt into a script, so can you pm me a snippet that has the problem?

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

I cannot replicate your problem when I copy&paste that snippt into a script, so can you pm me a snippet that has the problem?

Jos 

Now I can't even replicate that problem. When I put the original lines back, the Wrapper GUI still appears. Sorry. I don't know what's going on with this.

But I think it had to do with opening an HTML file for reading (one that contained those characters in some bookmarks). I am developing a Bookmarks Manager so I can see all my bookmarks from Firefox (or any other Web browser) after I export the bookmarks to an HTML file. I make a tree of one file on the left that shows all bookmarks under their proper folder names, then a tree of another file (from a different computer) on the right. My idea is to be able to manage the bookmarks (add/edit/delete/copy/move/sort/search ...), then write it back to the same or another HTML bookmarks file for import back to the browser.

So maybe you can create a test HTML file with those characters to see how it's handled after it's opened. It would be a lot of trouble for me to do it, especially because my problem seems to be resolved.

But I also noticed that I had been getting notices in the console that said:

"! * Input file is UTF8 without BOM encoded, Obfuscator do not support UNICODE and will be skipped".

But I had no idea what that meant or what to do about it. But that message no longer appears once I used the Chr() versions of those characters.

I appreciate you help on this, Jos. Thanks much.

• Developers
9 hours ago, DickG said:

"! * Input file is UTF8 without BOM encoded, Obfuscator do not support UNICODE and will be skipped".

This warning means you aren't really running a recent version of AutoIt3Wrapper as support for Obfuscator was stopped since  4/5/2014. :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

12 hours ago, Jos said:

This warning means you aren't really running a recent version of AutoIt3Wrapper as support for Obfuscator was stopped since  4/5/2014. :)

Jos

Hmmm ... interesting.

I have SciTE4AutoIt3.exe (for AutoIt v3.3.14.2) dated 9/20/2015.

My current AutoIt3Wrapper.exe is dated 1/22/2014 and is v2.1.4.4. Is that the latest version?

• Developers

Have you downloaded the separate SciTE4AutoIt3 installer to update to the latest full version?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I tried that link again, and it worked this time.

The file is v15.920.938.0 (from Properties). Is that the correct version? Otherwise, I don't know about what the separate SciTE4AutoIt3 installer is. Can you provide a link for that?