ADO.au3 UDF - BETA - Support Topic

mLipok

About the shema: 
The important remark is that as each SQL statement is related to specyfic RDBMS, so usually you can not use MSSQL schema on PostgreSQL, or MySQL ....... :)

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

SQL engine offer several kinds of triggers that may act BEFORE or AFTER something, with something being INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE. Then a trigger may act FOR EACH ROW (fires for every row, as the name says) or FOR EACH STATEMENT (may fire once irrespective of the number of rows affected by the statement). You can do a lot of things in std SQL inside a trigger, including acting on other table(s). There are some limitations but still triggers are a powerful tool to keep data integrity/validation correct with SQL code put inside the DB (opposed to coded in every application that uses the DB, with code sync issues, aso).

You can also use INSTEAD OF triggers, which act on views and allow modifying data from views (which are otherwise nothing more than the result of a select).

Of course, every engine vendor has added its own flavor, set of extensions and limitations to triggers, so they are rarely portable "as is" accross engines.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I included the ado udf By mlipok  ?

can someone help with that  ADO snippet, I DOWNLOADED  from the forum  it works with xls,  however i changed the connection string to make it work with xlsx

i am getting the error below

$oConnection.Open($sConnectionString)
$oConnection^ ERROR

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/ADO_Example_Excel

excel spreadsheet

a              b                     c

F1 F2 F3
F1.1 F2.1 F3.1
F1.2 F2.2 F3.2

Global Const $iCursorType = 0 ; adOpenForwardOnly
Global Const $iLockType = 1 ; adLockReadOnly
Global Const $iOptions = 512 ; adCmdTableDirect - Return all rows from the specified table

Global $oConnection = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection") ; Create a connection object
Global $sFilename = @ScriptDir & "\ADO_Example_Excel.xlsx"
;Global $sConnectionString = 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=' & $sFilename & ';Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=No"' ;xls

Global $sConnectionString = 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=' & $sFilename & 'Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=No"' ;xlsx
$oConnection.Open($sConnectionString) ; Open the connection
;"HDR=Yes;" indicates that the first row contains columnnames, not data. "HDR=No;" indicates the opposite.
Global $oRecordset = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset") ; Create a recordset object
Global $sSQL_Query = "Select F1,F2 FROM [Sheet1$A1:B2]" ; Select all records and all fields of the selected range A1:B2

$oRecordset.Open($sSQL_Query, $oConnection, $iCursorType, $iLockType, $iOptions) ; Issue the SQL query
If Not @error Then
    With $oRecordset
        While Not .EOF ; repeat until End-Of-File (EOF) is reached

; Write the content of all fields to the console separated by | by processing the fields collection
            ConsoleWrite("Process the fields collection:          ")
            For $oField In .Fields
                ConsoleWrite($oField.Value & "|")
            Next
            ConsoleWrite(@CR)

; Write a second line by accessing all fields of the collection by name or item number
            ConsoleWrite("Process the fields by name/item number: " & .Fields("F1").Value & "|" & .Fields(1).Value & "|" & @CR)
            .MoveNext ; Move To the Next record
        WEnd
    EndWith

; Clean Up Recordset
    $oRecordset.Close ; Close the recordset
    $oRecordset = 0 ; Release the recordset object
EndIf

; Clean Up Connection
$oConnection.Close ; Close the connection
$oConnection = 0 ; Release the connection object

Edited by antonioj84

Remark 1:

Wiki page are talking about ADO in general - I mean not related to my UDF.
Wiki examples for ADO are very similar as I changed many of them to use the same variable names as in my ADO.au3 UDF.

Remark 2:
In some cases to correctly use Wiki Examples for ADO you should also use COM Error Handler.
Wiki Examples for ADO showing to you only the concept how to use ADO in AutoIt.
Of course it should use out of the box, but you are doing something wrong (I think so) and for this case you should use COM Error Handler
Here is example:

; Error monitoring. This will trap all COM errors while alive.
Global $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_ErrFunc")

Global Const $iOptions = 512 ; adCmdTableDirect - Return all rows from the specified table

Global $oConnection = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection") ; Create a connection object
Global $sFilename = @ScriptDir & "\ADO_Example_Excel.xlsx"
;Global $sConnectionString = 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=' & $sFilename & ';Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=No"' ;xls

Global $sConnectionString = 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=' & $sFilename & 'Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=No"' ;xlsx
$oConnection.Open($sConnectionString) ; Open the connection
;"HDR=Yes;" indicates that the first row contains columnnames, not data. "HDR=No;" indicates the opposite.
Global $sSQL_Query = "Select F1,F2 FROM [Sheet1$A1:B2]" ; Select all records and all fields of the selected range A1:B2

$oRecordset.Open($sSQL_Query, $oConnection, $iCursorType, $iLockType, $iOptions) ; Issue the SQL query
If Not @error Then
    With $oRecordset

; Write the content of all fields to the console separated by | by processing the fields collection
            For $oField In .Fields
            Next
            ConsoleWrite(@CR)

; Write a second line by accessing all fields of the collection by name or item number
            ConsoleWrite("Process the fields by name/item number: " & .Fields("F1").Value & "|" & .Fields(1).Value & "|" & @CR)
        WEnd
    EndWith

; Clean Up Recordset
EndIf

; Clean Up Connection
$oConnection.Close ; Close the connection
$oConnection = 0 ; Release the connection object

; User's COM error function. Will be called if COM error occurs
Func _ErrFunc($oError)
    ; Do anything here.
    ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>_ErrFunc

QUESTION:
in ADO_EXAMPLE.au3 there is a good example:

Func _Example_MSExcel()

Local $sFileFullPath = Default ; Here put FileFullPath to your Excel File or use Default to open FileOpenDialog
    Local $sProvider = Default
    Local $sExtProperties = Default
    Local $HDR = Default
    Local $IMEX = Default

Local $sConnectionString = _ADO_ConnectionString_Excel($sFileFullPath, $sProvider, $sExtProperties, $HDR, $IMEX)

_Example_1_RecordsetToConsole($sConnectionString, "select * from [Sheet1$]")
    _Example_2_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, "select * from [Sheet1$]")
    _Example_3_ConnectionProperties($sConnectionString)

EndFunc   ;==>_Example_MSExcel

Did you try it ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Thanks Mlipok. Actually, I use a combination of both, your ado_example.au3 save my life. I am going to use it instead, however  what is the difference or the advantage of using over the other 

#include<ADO.au3>
#include<ADO_CONSTANTS.au3>

_Example_MSExcela()

Func _Example_MSExcela()

Global $sFileFullPath = @ScriptDir & "\ADO_Example_Excela.xlsx" ;Default ; Here put FileFullPath to your Access File or use Default to open FileOpenDialog
Global $sProvider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"
Global $sExtProperties = 'Excel 12.0; Xml'
Global $HDR ="No" ; with heading select Yes
Global $IMEX ="1"

Global $oConnection = _ADO_ConnectionString_Excel($sFileFullPath , $sProvider , $sExtProperties , $HDR , $IMEX)

If Not @error Then
    With $oRecordset

For $oField In .Fields
            Next
           ConsoleWrite(@CR)

WEnd
    EndWith

; Clean Up Recordset

EndIf

; Clean Up Connection
_ADO_Connection_Close($oConnection) ; close connection
$oConnection = Null

EndFunc

Hi Mlipok, I will be using this one instead great coding

#include "ADO.au3"
#Tidy_Parameters=/sort_funcs /reel
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

#include <Array.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

_Example_MSExcelb()

Func _Example_MSExcelb()

Local $sFileFullPath = @ScriptDir & "\ADO_Example_Excelb.xlsx" ;Default ; Here put FileFullPath to your Access File or use Default to open FileOpenDialog
    Local $sProvider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"
    Local $sExtProperties = 'Excel 12.0; Xml'
    Local $HDR ="No"
    Local $IMEX ="1"

Local $sConnectionString = _ADO_ConnectionString_Excel($sFileFullPath , $sProvider , $sExtProperties , $HDR , $IMEX)

$sConnectionString.Close ; Close the connection
    $sConnectionString = 0 ; Release the connection object

EndFunc    ;==>_Example_MSExcelb

Func _Example_1_RecordsetToConsole($sConnectionString, $sQUERY)

; Create connection object
    Local $oConnection = _ADO_Connection_Create()

; Open connection with $sConnectionString
    _ADO_Connection_OpenConString($oConnection, $sConnectionString)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $ADO_RET_FAILURE)

; Executing some query
    Local $oRecordset = _ADO_Execute($oConnection, $sQUERY)

; Get recordset to array of arrays (Conent and ColumnNames)
    Local $aRecordsetArray = _ADO_Recordset_ToArray($oRecordset, False)

; Get inner array - only conent of Recordset
    Local $aRecordsetContent = _ADO_RecordsetArray_GetContent($aRecordsetArray)

; Go through the array variable (Recorset Conent)
    Local $iColumn_count = UBound($aRecordsetContent, $UBOUND_COLUMNS)
    For $iRecord_idx = 0 To UBound($aRecordsetContent) - 1
        ConsoleWrite('==================================================================' & @CRLF)
        For $iColumn_idx = 0 To $iColumn_count - 1
            ConsoleWrite($aRecordsetContent[$iRecord_idx][$iColumn_idx] & @CRLF)
        Next
    Next

; Clean Up
    $oRecordset = Null
    _ADO_Connection_Close($oConnection)
    $oConnection = Null

EndFunc    ;==>_Example_1_RecordsetToConsole

Func _Example_2_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, $sQUERY)

; Executing some query directly to Array of Arrays (instead to $oRecordset)
    Local $aRecordset = _ADO_Execute($oConnection, $sQUERY, True)

; Clean Up
    $oConnection = Null

; Display Array Content with column names as headers
    _ADO_Recordset_Display($aRecordset, 'Recordset content')

EndFunc    ;==>_Example_2_RecordsetDisplay

Func _Example_3_ConnectionProperties($sConnectionString)

; Get all connection properties to Array
    Local $aProperties = _ADO_Connection_PropertiesToArray($oConnection)

; Clean Up
    $oConnection = Null

; Show connection properties
    _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "ADO connection - List of properties", "", 0, Default, "Name|Type|Value|Attributes")

EndFunc    ;==>_Example_3_ConnectionProperties

tead

18 minutes ago, antonioj84 said:

however  what is the difference or the advantage of using over the other 

What exactly you want to compare ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

The advantage or disadvantage  of using one over the other the 2 snippets.I find  a typo in your code, the "connection closing" was erroring out, I made the correction below.

Func _Example_MSExcelb()

Local $sFileFullPath = @ScriptDir & "\ADO_Example_Excelb.xlsx" ;Default ; Here put FileFullPath to your Access File or use Default to open FileOpenDialog
    Local $sProvider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"
    Local $sExtProperties = 'Excel 12.0; Xml'
    Local $HDR ="No"
    Local $IMEX ="1"

Local $sConnectionString = _ADO_ConnectionString_Excel($sFileFullPath , $sProvider , $sExtProperties , $HDR , $IMEX)

_ADO_Connection_Close($sConnectionString)
   $sConnectionString = Null

Edited by antonioj84

There is no need for this:

_ADO_Connection_Close($sConnectionString)

as each of this following functions:

is opening and cleaning up it internally.

btw.

$sConnectionString is string not object.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Try this:

Local $sSQL_Query = "SELECT '<storeNUm>', '<blacklan>/26' ,'<svr-lan>/28' FROM [sheet$]"

_Example_1_RecordsetToConsole($sConnectionString, $sSQL_Query)
_Example_2_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, $sSQL_Query)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

mlIPOK, Thanks. that what's I wanted

Local $sSQL_Query = "SELECT '<storeNUm>', '<blacklan>/26' ,'<svr-lan>/28' FROM [sheet$]"

_Example_1_RecordsetToConsole($sConnectionString, $sSQL_Query)
_Example_2_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, $sSQL_Query)

13 minutes ago, antonioj84 said:

mlIPOK

That's the best interpretation of @mLipok I have ever seen :D

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 1 month later...

I could use a tip here.

I use this to connect to a MS SQL 2008 R2. Works fine from my machine when testing it.

However, on most other machines I get

###############################
ADO.au3 v.2.1.13 BETA (1026) : ==> COM Error intercepted !
$oADO_Error.description is:     [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]Invalid connection.
$oADO_Error.windescription:     Exception occurred.

$oADO_Error.number is:     80020009
$oADO_Error.lastdllerror is:     0
$oADO_Error.scriptline is:     1026
$oADO_Error.source is:     Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
$oADO_Error.helpfile is:     
$oADO_Error.helpcontext is:     0

I am unsure how to specify the instance name in the connection string. I know what it is and apparently I have to specify it somewhere?

Snippet

Global $sDatabase = 'DriveMaps'
Global $sServer = 'SEDBS154.domain.org'
Global $sUser = 'SecretUser'
Global $sPassword = 'Secret pass'
_ADO_Connection_OpenMSSQL($oConnection, $sServer, $sDatabase, $sUser, $sPassword)

Edited by Turranius

Global $sServer = 'SEDBS154.domain.org\InstanceName'

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, mLipok said:
Global $sServer = 'SEDBS154.domain.org\InstanceName'

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Yes, I tried that. It does not understand that it seems.

ADO.au3 v.2.1.13 BETA (1026) : ==> COM Error intercepted !
$oADO_Error.description is:     [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
$oADO_Error.windescription:     Exception occurred.
    $oADO_Error.number is:     80020009
$oADO_Error.lastdllerror is:     0
$oADO_Error.scriptline is:     1026
$oADO_Error.source is:     Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
$oADO_Error.helpfile is:     
$oADO_Error.helpcontext is:     0

On 22.12.2016 at 1:45 PM, Turranius said:

I use this to connect to a MS SQL 2008 R2. Works fine from my machine when testing it.

Check firewall settings or other security setting on SQL server.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

For reference:

Conclusion: When you want to use MS ACCESS *.accdb files you should have instaled ODBC driver  "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe"

Signature beginning:

Spoiler