Unofficial IRC Channel for AutoIt in freenode!

TheDcoder

Hello! I made a unofficial IRC channel for AutoIt in freenode :D, Here are the details for connecting to it:

Server: chat.freenode.net

Ports: 6665, 6666, 6667, 8000, 8001, and 8002, with SSL on 6697, 7000, and 7070 (Port 7000 with SSL is recommended)

Channel: ##AutoIt

Web Clients:  Kiwi IRC, Freenode Webchat (qwebirc), Mibbit etc. (Using Kiwi IRC is recommended because the url is pre-configured)

(WARNING! Using web clients may reveal your IP!)

If you are new to IRC, I have made a guide just for you!:

Enjoy! TD :thumbsup:

Edited by TheDcoder
Freenode to freenode (Correct Capitalization)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I just identified a issue while joining the ##AutoIt channel, fixed it now :)

TD :lol:

P.S The issue was the channel's mode was set to +i (invite-only)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys, This post contains brief information about the growth of The Unofficial AutoIt Channel :).

The No. 1 thing that happen over time is the growth of the userbase, its eventually bound to happen. I have many people come and go, But I am sure that I have seen atleast 15 people until now. If you ask right now, there are 10 people (excluding 2 bots) in the channel :). I am sure we will get more users as the time flows :D

The second most big thing is my bot, DcoderBot. I made him in my free time (which is very less because of my ongoing project) but he has proven to be quite useful :). Probably the most used feature is that DcoderBot's ability to google something and return the result in the chat itself! Now no more googling in the browser! :D

The third fact is nothing but stability of the channel, I have not received any spam since @JohnOne's troll session :P. ##AutoIt is now a established channel on freenode.

Plans for the future:

The first thing I am thinking about is improving DcoderBot by implementing a Plugin API and make some nice plugins ^_^, @willichan is already planning to fork DcoderBot and make a IRC Bot to play chess! How exciting is that!? :D

The next (probably the most important) thing is a well defined set of rules for ##AutoIt.

The last most important thing is attracting more users! ##AutoIt has positively influenced many people in the vast network of freenode, Heck, we even have some people who are *just* interested in AutoIt!

Well I think its time to end this post. Stay tuned for the future updates... or if you are not patient enough, you can try out ##AutoIt for yourself! Its easy and fun! Trust me! :thumbsup:. If you are new to IRC, don't worry, I have got you covered, Just follow my guide located here and once you successfully join ##AutoIt, I can guide you from there on ;).

Hope to see ya guys in ##AutoIt, TD :D