Which browser to work with AutoIt

DoomSack

Hello Everyone ,
                           I am really confused right now about which browser to choose to work with AutoIt. I have been using IE but honestly, IE crashes more often and is not really as customized as any other browsers out there. So here are my questions.
1. which browser to choose ? (e.g: firefox, chrome, etc)

2.why?

That's it .

Would like to here everyone's detailed suggestions, so as to make a really good decision.

Thank you All.

Just now, JohnOne said:

computer and use IE.

Details: all others are simply a right royal pain in the arse

Hehe .. There is nothing wrong with my computer. its just that when ever my script goes over more than 2 hours of usage of IE it crashes.

But, Thank you for your views on the topic, will keep in mind.

What makes you sure that the same problem will not arise with FireFox or Chrome?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 minute ago, water said:

What makes you sure that the same problem will not arise with FireFox or Chrome?

Good question, I don't know and that is why I am asking the question here before trying it for myself and wasting my time learning everything. Mostly, someone or the other might have worked with it and they can show their generosity by sharing their views, so that I can take a decision.

Thank you

40 minutes ago, DoomSack said:

its just that when ever my script goes over more than 2 hours of usage of IE it crashes.

I would first try to find the cause of the crash. "Running for 2 hours" sounds like you are running the script in a loop. There might be a memory leak causing the crash.
Which error message do you get when your script crashes?

Can you post your script so we might have a look at it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, water said:

I would first try to find the cause of the crash. "Running for 2 hours" sounds like you are running the script in a loop. There might be a memory leak causing the crash.
Which error message do you get when your script crashes?

Can you post your script so we might have a look at it?

Yes, I am running the script in a loop. Sorry I cant share the script. But, probably the cause is due to cache memory, i.e. what I think. the script includes constantly opening webpages, and the loop runs for almost 2k times and maybe the cache is the cause.

And I don't get any error message, the script just waits for the web page to load and exits. Meanwhile, internet explorer stops working and windows ask me to debug the IE or close IE.

Edited by DoomSack

Check the memory consumption while running. Maybe you need to release some ressources after each loop.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Windows Task Manager?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Why automate? Just start the Task-Manager and then your script and watch how memory consumption increases.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

No need to Fix your computer, just use Firefox.

Details: all others are simply a right royal pain in the arse to use ... especially IE.

Spoiler

:P;)

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

15 hours ago, water said:

Why automate? Just start the Task-Manager and then your script and watch how memory consumption increases.

Whenever I run my script I close the applications first run ccleaner and then run my script and I leave. I return back to my system after couple of hours. That is why I want a solution to this problem in a way that I don't have to do anything manually.

Just now, TheSaint said:

No need to Fix your computer, just use Firefox.

Details: all others are simply a right royal pain in the arse to use ... especially IE.

Thank you very much saint. I was thinking to use firefox, just wanted someone to tell me. Will do so .

No worries, I was just correcting JohnOne's spelling mistakes. :lol:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png