Question on How to Prevent Boot Legged Copies of Software?

Hey everyone at auto-it fourms, here is a few numbered questions i would like to be answered B) I have made a very advanced auto-it bot for diablo 2 v 1.11 game and i was wondering on how people crack bots that have been passworded.

1) I want to know...if it is possible for me to make a bot working for only ONE computer so NO ONE can just copy my bot and sell it. I have looked at d2jsp bot and what they do is.....they make you input a code into a script then they make you add it to your diablo 2 folder. This code only works for one cd key. Is this possible for me to do?

2) I have seen MANY cracked versions of d2jsp in the past. I was just wondering how they crack bots like d2jsp and if it will happen to me. What is the fastest most used cracking progmram.

Thank you very much,

-Matt :o

1. no. like lopolop sayd.

2. Sice aka Softice (9x) / NTice (NT) and OllyDebug. (but its not as easy as a big crack button B))

and if your bot is nice enough to attract attention it will be cracked eventually.

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

i kno....thats why it ISN'T as easy as 1..2...3...

I kno bruteforce works though. where do you get bruteforce?

You should look into what you're saying a little more, because AFAIK there is no actual "bruteforce." AFAIK bruteforcing is a VERB.
FootbaG

You should look into what you're saying a little more, because AFAIK there is no actual "bruteforce." AFAIK bruteforcing is a VERB.

Brutus is one of the previously well known 'brute force' password attackers.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

*took my remark back since i am not going to help you bruteforce scripts*

you can only bruteforce if they have set the "allow decomileing" flag.

( i remember the good old times when i wrote a bruteforcer in autoit to crack autoit scripts only it was too slow B) )

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

you can only bruteforce if they have set the "allow decomileing" flag.

Technically I don't think this is correct. The way I understand it, when you disallow decompiling the script is just given a massively long randomly-generated password. There is nothing stopping you from brute-forcing it still.

Technically I don't think this is correct. The way I understand it, when you disallow decompiling the script is just given a massively long randomly-generated password. There is nothing stopping you from brute-forcing it still.

That is my understanding as well.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

yah there was a decompiler someone posted on here that decompiled anything i tested with a passphrase and a checked, not decompile... still made a .au3 that i could open and everything.... ill even show you if yah wanna see just put a passworded thing on here and ill decompile it...

yah there was a decompiler someone posted on here that decompiled anything i tested with a passphrase and a checked, not decompile... still made a .au3 that i could open and everything.... ill even show you if yah wanna see just put a passworded thing on here and ill decompile it...

What loplop says is true.

There's a AutoIt decompiler which dosen't require a password to decompile any compiled AutoIt EXE. It works even if you uncheck the allow decompile option in Aut2Exe. B)

What loplop says is true.

There's a AutoIt decompiler which dosen't require a password to decompile any compiled AutoIt EXE. It works even if you uncheck the allow decompile option in Aut2Exe. B)

Doesnt suprise me. That is why there is a topic that has been pretty well discussed out in the Chat forum reguarding whether scripts should be tokenized.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

That is my understanding as well.

JS

the random pass is so long that it doesnt fit in the input box B)

Edited by w0uter

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone at auto-it fourms, here is a few numbered questions i would like to be answered :) I have made a very advanced auto-it bot for diablo 2 v 1.11 game and i was wondering on how people crack bots that have been passworded.

1) I want to know...if it is possible for me to make a bot working for only ONE computer so NO ONE can just copy my bot and sell it. I have looked at d2jsp bot and what they do is.....they make you input a code into a script then they make you add it to your diablo 2 folder. This code only works for one cd key. Is this possible for me to do?

2) I have seen MANY cracked versions of d2jsp in the past. I was just wondering how they crack bots like d2jsp and if it will happen to me. What is the fastest most used cracking progmram.

Thank you very much,

-Matt :P

most used - bruteforcer i guess.

you could also just decompile the d2jsp.dll file.. and remove the 'validation key' part ;>

thnk

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

most used - bruteforcer i guess.

you could also just decompile the d2jsp.dll file.. and remove the 'validation key' part ;>

thnk

What is this "Validation key of which you speak?"

Like i find a random dll reader, and i can just F3-Find and remove all protect for D2jsp? these people hacked diablo, do you really think they're that stupid?

What is this "Validation key of which you speak?"

Like i find a random dll reader, and i can just F3-Find and remove all protect for D2jsp? these people hacked diablo, do you really think they're that stupid?

1: they didnt 'hack' diablo <.<

2: yes.. they are stupid.

3: m8 of me already did it (crack the validation key) @d2jsp bot.

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

Why why oh why was this bumped from NOV last year?