Changing class name

Davey

Hi,

I've been using Autoit for a while however I've had a break for some time (excuses over with), I've tried searching for a solution but my lack of google-fu has left me hanging.

I'm trying to interact with a systree control and was making progress but when i tried my script on another PC I noticed the CLASS name had changed albeit very slightly:

from - WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32.app.0.34f5582_r14_ad11

to - WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32.app.0.34f5582_r28_ad11

Obviously this is enough to stop my script from working and i can't for the life of me think of a way round this, how can i query for the classname of the control? If this was a window i'd have no problems but it isn't or am i missing something really obvious?

If i just had a way of putting a * wildcard or ? single character replacement, maybe a way of using regexp to identify that string?

I found the following but i'm not sure if it would help me anyway - 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even just a pointer in the right direction if it is something obvious.

Over time, I've noticed that a fair few people have trouble with winforms classes. It's almost like they have a "salt" after the classname.

Is there no other way you can identify the control, like by its text or position or something?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Yeh it's very weird I think I will have to resort to using text for identification as you suggest, not the best but still workable.

Is there no way of using regex to match the ClassnameNN/string somehow?

It's to interact with the SCOM interface if anyone was interested (and/or knows some other funky method).

30 minutes ago, Davey said:

Is there no way of using regex to match the ClassnameNN/string somehow?

e.g. List windows matching Title defined by a regular expression

WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*SciTE.*|.*Internet Explorer.*)]")

Window Handles / HWNDs

from the helpfile: Using AutoIt => Window Titles and Text (Advanced)

I think that will help me progress with that i want thanks AutoBert!

I do use AutoIT's help file as it's definitely one of the best resources for a given product I've come across, i just didn't see that particular page in reference to regex. My own stupid fault for using crappy search terms!!

God how thick am I, how i didn't see REGEXPCLASS i do not know, for anyone else out there with a classname that methodically changes use regular expression.

Without posting the whole code, I changed:

$hWnd = ControlGetHandle("CSSProd - Operations Manager", "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32.app.0.34f5582_r28_ad1; INSTANCE:1]")

to:

$hWnd = ControlGetHandle("CSSProd - Operations Manager", "", "[REGEXPCLASS:WindowsForms10\.SysTreeView32\.app\.0\.34f5582_r(\d{2})_ad1]")

Yeh me too, i would love to be versed in regex but i just don't have enough use for it in my job to stay with it so to speak. I have to keep using something for it to sink in with any longevity hehe.