Looking to Hire Bot developer

I get a lot of tedious tasks I have to go through over and over in my IT work, a common one is waiting for Windows updates to finish so I can reboot a computer and then scan for more updates and then install them. This could be easily accomplished through an autoit script that follows a list of commands looking in a general area of the screen, looking for a specific color, clicking the color, rinse wash repeat.

I have a lot of these individual tasks I'm trying to accomplish regularly, and I don't want to develop individual scripts for each one, rather I want a control panel that will allow me to add functions one at a time in a graphical layout. I imagine a small text-box region in the bottom-left corner listing tasks 1 item at a time, and allowing me to edit them or re-arrange them in the control panel. It would allow me to do things like: select a window by title (this would be a button I press on the control panel which then waits for me to CTRL+Click a window title bar, it then knows this is the target window and captures it's name. Then it records the instructions in a list.)

After a list of tasks has been performed, it would save it as a simple text-file so that I can edit this command list again, or compile it into an executable. I know a lot of these things can be accomplished with the autoit3info program, and I don't mind if this plugs into that as long as all the interaction comes from the central control panel window.

Upon execution it should perform tasks slowly because many of the computers I work with perform very slowly. Ex: if it has instructions to click start menu-->all programs-->admin tools there should be a consistent delay in the mouse moving and the cursor clicking. Maybe even just wait for colors to change so it knows.

I want the following functions to be in the control panel:

• Define Region (lets me draw a red square on screen, further commands can be specified to only look within this region)
  • Find Color Pattern (Finds pixel colors for an image in a region, this should be used to match things like desktop icons, tasktray icons, etc. These might move around so it needs to look within a region to find a set of pixels that look like this and attempts an action).
  • Send Keys (opens a text field where I can define keystrokes to send).
  • Send Command (sends cmd line).
  • Call Window (lets me target a window by title and then calls it up on script execution).
  • For/While conditions (this will allow me to insert conditional values, ex: creating a for loop that attempts to find this color and click, but if it does that and then still can't find the color or window title for the next step then it can backstep and keep looking for the first color).

There is more detail that I will write up at length in a doc that I can send to the developer.

I'm looking to keep this project around the $400 mark and can pay via paypal or other preferred and secure medium.

This is essentially a bot making program to help automate mundane computer tasks. Hopefully this task isn't too difficult for my budget, I'm open to input and discussion. Once the app has been developed I welcome the developer to release publicly under GNU.

• Moderators

DoubleMcLovin,

Anyone who wants to offer their services can contact you via PM.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area