How InetGet() works?

Hi All,

Can somebody help me to learn how InetGet() works? I wanted to know some details which I have listed below.

Is the core of InetGet() function is wininet dll?

As per AutoIT help, Internet Explorer 3 or above requires InetGet() function to work. If Microsoft ends bundling Internet Explorer browser with OS, will this function also get retired? What is the dependency?

I understand that it uses the same proxy settings of IE. If IE's proxy setting is "Automatically detect settings" or "Automatic configuration script". Can InetGet() also use same setting automatically?

We know that in the case of IE, if a proxy is configured and user authentication failed with proxy server; It will trigger a proxy authentication dialog for user to enter the credentials. Will it be the same way InetGet() also working?

What are the error codes InetGet() reporting for No internet connection, Proxy authentication error, Web server connection error etc?

Note: I am not preferring winhttp as an alternate solution since it is not using the same proxy configuration which IE uses.

Thank you very much

Anoop

• 3 weeks later...