runas access is denied

Hey guys,

for some reason when I run this command with run as in autoit it returns access is denied. but when I run the same thing in an elevated command shell it works fine. Im not sure where I am messing up.

global $rtech,$rcred, $IP
    $rtech = inputbox("","username")
    $rcred = InputBox("","password")
    $ip = inputbox("","enter IP")
    $pid = Runas ($rtech,"mhs", $rcred, 2 ,@ComSpec & ' /c reg query \\' & $ip & '"\hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\group policy\state\machine"|findstr /i "disting"', @SystemDir, @SW_hide, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
    Local $line
    While 1
        $line &= StdoutRead($pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    While 1
        $line &= StderrRead($pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    MsgBox(0, "", $line)

• Developers

Try the RunAs() with using 0 or 1 in stead of 2 for the third parameter to see whether that is causing it.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@JohnOne I had #RequireAdmin at the start of the GUI this was a part of and then I ran into the issue that everything the GUI ran it did with admin when I needed functions to run as the logged in user. So then I added the input boxes for admin and password and now some functions do not work.

@Jos I have used RunAs() with 0,1,2,and 4 and it all fails.

Whats blowing my mind is that almost every function uses this same format. All my "wmic" functions work fine. for example:

$pid = Runas ($rtech,"mhs", $rcred, 2 ,@ComSpec & " /c wmic /node:" & GUICtrlRead($IP) & " computersystem get name", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

_The above works great_

Here are the facts:

All my format for commands remain the same throughout

All commands can be put into cmd and run successfully

All commands work when #RequireAdmin is included instead of starting with " Runas ($rtech,"mhs", $rcred...)

Wmic commands all run successfully

getmac /s command runs successfully

net user commands fail with "Access Denied"

reg query commands fail with "Access Denied"

Solution will be to find whats different about the wmic/getmac and the reg query/net user commands

Edited by Milas

RunAs does not give process that is run the Admin Token.  It only runs the process as the specified user.  #RequireAdmin request the Admin Token.  There are ways to do without using #RequireAdmin, but it will require re-execution of your script, or a secondary script called by the main script.  Here are a few threads that may help.

Here are some additional threads.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.autoitscript.com+runas+admin

You can do this without storing credentials in the script.  I just depends on how you want to organize your script to get it done.

Adam