Virtual Desktop

guitara

I have a bot which I'd like to run, while still using my PC. The trouble is, it is interacting between two applications, sending keystrokes, and mouse clicks. Most of these sends are not using the control send feature, as the one app doesn't allow it at all (it's in java, the whole app is a control, and no keyboard shortcuts supported, ugh), and the other has limited use of compatibiilty. Anyways, even when using a virtual desktop, such as virtuadesktop, or other freeware solutions, the mouse still moves, and the are keystrokes still sent to the "desktop" I'm working on. I'm sure there is a solution that allows me to do both. I remember seeing a discussion on this awhile ago, but I'm unable to find it now. Can anyone give me some ideas on how this is done?

One easy way, is to use a virutal enviroment. VMWare is one solution, QEMU is a freeware one.

This takes a bit of resources, but it runs a completely seperate version of windows. I run AutoIt and also test a lot of things in it. VMWare is nice because you can simply revert back to a saved shapshot if you get a virus, trojen, etc. You main system stays safe.

Virtual enviroments are also nice for honeypots.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Yes, thank you. Unfortunately, I'm on a slow PC, so emulating another isn't really approiate. I've run bots for months on my old PC, which was a nicer machine, using vmware. I was actaully thinking on creating 2 concurrent sessions on the same machine. XP SP2 allows this, if you use a beta dll. Of course I still run tried and true win2k, so this may not be a solution or even work for me. I have run concurrent sessions on xp before though. works nicely. But 2 session on one pc. We'll see.