Restore files from recycle bin

Hello...

as title says... is there a method that I can use in Autoit to restore single files from recycle bin? If I am right, there is just a command to empty it (filerecycleempty). Since  I was planning to add a simple "undo" in a script that i am writing to restore files that the script deletes, i was wondering if i could restore them directly with autoit.

Any ideas?

Sorry for my bad english and sorry if it exists already a function for it  and i was not good to find it :)

thx

• Moderators

Italiano,

I use this code from Yashied to enumerate the contents of the Recycle bin. Once you have the list,  you can use FileMove to move the file as shown:

#Include <Array.au3>

Func _EnumRecycleBinItems($sRoot = '')

Local $oShellApp, $oRecycleBin, $oFolderItems, $oItem

$oShellApp = ObjCreate('Shell.Application')
    $oRecycleBin = $oShellApp.NameSpace(10)
    If Not IsObj($oRecycleBin) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Local $Ret, $Result[101][6] = [[0]]

$sRoot = StringStripWS($sRoot, 3)
    If $sRoot > '' Then
        If StringInStr($sRoot, ':') Then
            $sRoot = StringRegExpReplace($sRoot, ':.*', '')
        Else
            $sRoot = ''
        EndIf
        If Not FileExists($sRoot & ':') Then
            Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $Ret = DllCall('shell32.dll', 'none', 'SHGetSettings', 'uint*', 0, 'dword', 2)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    $oFolderItems = $oRecycleBin.Items()
    For $oItem In $oFolderItems
        If ($sRoot > '') And ($sRoot <> StringLeft($oItem.Path, 1)) Then
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        $Result[0][0] += 1
        If $Result[0][0] > UBound($Result) - 1 Then
            ReDim $Result[$Result[0][0] + 100][UBound($Result, 2)]
        EndIf
        $Result[$Result[0][0]][0] = $oRecycleBin.GetDetailsOf($oItem, 0) ; Original name
        $Result[$Result[0][0]][1] = $oRecycleBin.GetDetailsOf($oItem, 1) ; Original path
        $Result[$Result[0][0]][2] = $oRecycleBin.GetDetailsOf($oItem, 2) ; Deleted date
;       $Result[$Result[0][0]][3] = $oRecycleBin.GetDetailsOf($oItem, 3) ; Size
        $Result[$Result[0][0]][3] = $oItem.Size ; Size
        $Result[$Result[0][0]][4] = FileGetAttrib($oItem.Path) ; Attributes
        $Result[$Result[0][0]][5] = $oItem.Path ; Recycle name
        If (Not $Ret[1]) And (Not StringInStr($Result[$Result[0][0]][4], 'D')) Then
            If StringInStr($Result[$Result[0][0]][5], '.') Then
                $Result[$Result[0][0]][0] &= StringRegExpReplace($Result[$Result[0][0]][5], '^.*\.', '.')
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    ReDim $Result[$Result[0][0] + 1][UBound($Result, 2)]
    Return $Result
EndFunc   ;==>_EnumRecycleBinItems

$Data = _EnumRecycleBinItems()
_ArrayDisplay($Data)

; To recover a file all you need do is:
FileMove($Data[1][5], $Data[1][0]) ; Recovers the first file in the list

M23

Edited by Melba23
Fixed text formatting

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

@stasia8954, it would probably have taken you less time to actually try it than it did to write your post. Have you tried it for yourself? Are you experiencing issues? If so, instead of just a blanket "is this supposed to work" question, try explaining in detail what problems you're running into.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 1 year later...
On 2016/3/26 at 11:18 PM, Melba23 said:

Italian,

I use this code from Yashied to enumerate the contents of the Recycle bin. Once you have the list,  you can read : https://www.tunesbro.com/recover-deleted-contats-from-iphone-without-backup.html

I want to know , if there is a time limit ,i accidentally lost data last month , up to now , those data have not been recovered back , i am not sure whether your method will help me recover back them , 

Edited by Yanccery

Hi.

This script shows only the files which are currently in the recycle bin. They can lay there for years if you don't empty your recycle bin. If you look manually into your recycle bin and the file is in there the script will work.

But I guess you have emptied your recycle bin and now looking for a solution to restore your burned files? This script isn't about that.

Regards, Conrad

Edited by Simpel
Typo
SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• 1 month later...
On 2017/8/9 at 4:27 PM, Yanccery said:

I want to know , if there is a time limit ,i accidentally lost data last month , up to now , those data have not been recovered back , i am not sure whether your method will help me recover back them , 

Must have been overwritten by new data,  if you lost data, you can only get them back with a recovery tool as soon as possible.

Edited by Shehab0

• 2 months later...
On 2017/8/9 at 4:27 PM, Yanccery said:

http://www.mobiledic.com/android-data-rescuer.html

On 2017/9/26 at 4:11 PM, Shehab0 said:

Must have been overwritten by new data,  if you lost data, you can only get them back with a recovery tool as soon as possible.

It hard to say , there are no chance ,once the data is overwritten ,they are completely erased from memory card or other device , 

Edited by Naklsder