Software blocking AutoIt

Dear all, something very strange happened. I work in a laboratory in which we run software specific for some chemical analyses. I have the same software (albeit with different versions) running on different machines. I have AutoIt installed on all of them, and complement the software using AutoIt for some simple tasks. Today, I was trying to adapt a script that worked on another machine on this one, and it did not work. I investigated further and found that it is a software specific issue, that is, the script would work with a different software (like notepad, for example), but not with the specific software (by the way, its name is Isodat). Even a simple mouse click will not work. Some scenarios:

1) 

opt("WinTitleMatchMode",1)
WinActivate("Isodat Acquisition")
Sleep(1000)
MouseClick("left",807,495,2)

The above does not work. Now, if I replace WinActivate("Isodat Acquisition") with, for example, WinActivate("Untitled"), this being for Notepad, it will work.

2) 

MouseClick("left",807,495,2)

If I simply try a mouse click, and the Isodat window is the target of the click, it will not work. But if it is any other window it will (as fas as I tried).

The computer with these strange issues is the only one connected to the internet, and have been automatically updated regularly. The others, in contrast, have almost never been updated. The problematic one is using Windows 7 32bit, one of the others also uses the same OS and the third one goes on XP.

I also believe this issue was not happening some months ago when I tried AutoIt on the problematic computer.

I suspect something came in an windows update that may have altered the way AutoIt access some programs. Does anything have a clue of anything in this sense? Is there anything that can be done? Any comment is appreciated. Thank you,

Matheus

I guess the winactivate fails to activate the window.  Try this one instead:

if WinActivate("Isodat Acquisition") = 0 then MsgBox(0,"","error)

If you get the error msgbox - try to identify the window using the autoit window tool.

No, it activates the window. But after that no AutoIt instruction that results on action on that software will work. For example, if I call WinActivate for another window, it works. If I call MsgBox, it also works. But if I call MouseClick, or ControlSend, it does not work. Interestingly, ControlGetText works.

Anyway, I didn't figure out what was happening, but it went away. I disabled a security warning that Windows was giving to the software, and re-started the computer, and after that AutoIt started working again. Also, I noticed that the software was having issues with the COM port communicating with the instrument, and I solved it too. As you see, too many complicating variables... If ever this problem comes again, I post here again. If not (what I hope will be the case), I stay silent!

Thanks, Juvigy, for trying to help!

Edited by cabrunco