Meet Remmanaut, the autoit remote administration tool

faldo

The future of Remmanaut  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would this tool interest you in some way?

• Yes, i'd be interested in helping out with development somewhere down the road.
    • Sure, i'd be interested in the tool once it's finished...
    • The company i work for would definitly need such a tool!
    • The company i work for already has similar a tool, don't need another.
    • Nah, such a tool wouldn't contribute to anything i'm doing

"The why"
I've been working over 15 years in the IT industry and have realised that the best way of streamlining operations and support is by combining the concept of selling services (instead of hours) along with a tool built for managing those services.
For the past 10 years i've been working with some of the leading providers of MSP-tools. The prize set on these comercial tools is quite high and there are usually few licence models to choose from. A smaller it-company will find the cost hard to motivate and in turn have dificulties converting its busines model in order to make more money, classic catch 22 :)

"The how"
During the years, i've gathered the pros and cons of these tools, dissected their core and realised there is no magic or rocket science going on. There is however a whole lot of scripting used and that's why i feel AutoIT would be a great foundation for a new project.
So, i've decided to compile my years of experiance and create a tool for remote management and monitoring of machines over WAN. Instead of monetizing it and try to compete with the big companies i felt it more efficiant to make it open source and hope for community interest and development.

"The what"
The following features are under development, some arn't started, some are finished. Check the changelog for more info.

Base components
- Agent running as service
- Central server with MySQL (hub engine)
- Management client (AutoitGUI/WebGUI)

Main features
- Remote execution of shell commands as system or specific user
- File transfer from/to agent
- Live monitoring of system resources

Consequential features (based on main features)
- Hardware/software inventory
- Software deployment/updating
- Patch management
- Antivirus management
- OS deployment
- Disaster recovery
- Hardware/software/network monitoring
- Wake on LAN
- Reporting
- Remote registry, event viewer, task manager
- Scripting (obviously)

Additional features (stand-alone modules)
- Remote control
- Servicedesk (based on ITIL)
- AD-integration

Security
- Secure communication with SSL and rotating key for every session.
- SHA256 encryption.

Remmanaut network overview

Remmanaut.jpg.693d9e2abdf1d4abb5f9ed8969

My knowledge of AutoIT is average but i'm novice when it comes to programing structure for collaboration, so if you're willing to help me out in making the project easy to share, i'd be very thankfull. Unfortunatly i'm no php-guru so i'll be concentrating on the AutoitGUI until the agent and hub engine reaches an adequate version.

If you feel that this tool could benefit you in any way or just want to join the project for the fun of development, don't hesitate to post constructive feedback or hit me a PM.

Code optimisation to do:

Spoiler

- Better queue system (prioritized requests/multitasking)
- File transfer of multiple files from/to multiple agents at the same time
- [Community ideas goes here]

Download:

Edited by faldo
Added new version for download

Great man!
At this point i'm going to need someone who tests the first builds and gives me feedback so that i can improve usability for the public. The POC isn't usefull for testing so let me put together a new verison that hopefully makes a bit more sense and then i'll be very thankfull for your help.

Cheers!

Edited by faldo

heh, i'm glad you think it "looks good so far"... i don't ;)
Like i said this the zip i uploaded was just a proof of concept in order not to have a post talking about something that noone could see. I'm currently working on a setup-script so bare with me.

On 4/5/2016 at 10:02 AM, faldo said:

don't hesitate to reply with your thoughts

instead of Global $ServerIP = @IPAddress1 , do Global $ServerIP = "0.0.0.0" , that way it binds to all IPs

Also, use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)  while coding, you'll be glad you did.

The main loop is better in a function, ...call it main() . -or whatever-

The TCPRecv loop would be better as:

;Wait for agent to open a session
    $sTmp = ""
    Do
        $sTmp = TCPRecv($Client, '1024', $TCP_DATA_BINARY)  ; For backwards compatibility reasons this function will try to return strings by default.
                                                            ; If null (0x00) characters are received then the return value will be a binary type.
                                                            ; It'd be safer if everything was regarded as binary type

$Recv = Binary($Recv) & Binary($sTmp)               ; there may be more incomming chunks, this is safer.
        Sleep('100')
    Until $sTmp = '' And $Recv <> ''

too much to point out, but this I did show, I feel, is basic.

Thanks for sharing :)

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

6 hours ago, argumentum said:

but this I did show, I feel, is basic.

Since I don't have a programmers background I've usually written the slightly more complex portions of a code by trial and error, not making the result very efficiant at times. I'm greatfull for these kind of hints, thanx a lot argumentum!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i havn't uploaded a new version yet, i decided to redesign the core engine of the system to better handle diferent type of requests. The redesign is done and i'm half way though making the installations script. I only have a few hour a week to work on the project right now but if nothing unexpected hapends i'll release v0.2 by the end of this weekend.
Cheers!

Where is the PHP?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I presume you mean the porttester?

<?php
$host = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$port = $_GET["port"];

$connection = @fsockopen($host, $port,$errno, $errstr, 1);

if (is_resource($connection))
    {
        echo  $host . "|OK";
        fclose($connection);
    }
    else
    {
        echo  $host . "|FAILED";
    }
?>

I'll include it as file in the next version...

Edited by faldo

Uhhh, the use of @ is a really terrible idea.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Well you're a PHP developer, so tell me why you think it isn't a bad thing and then I can re-direct you from there.

UDF List:

Just now, faldo said:

heh, you're a funny guy... "php developer"... yeah right :P

Okay. Good luck then.

UDF List:

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Okay. Good luck then.

I have no idea what i did to deserve that trolling but if anyone understands which @ is a " really terrible idea" and why, don't hesitate to save the day :)

Edited by faldo

Insinuating that I was trolling, isn't really doing you any favours. I just didn't see any real need to explain, because I know from past experience those who aren't developers simply glide over information that isn't important to them or just difficult to understand.

I would suggest however you seek professional advice from those who do know PHP and how you should structure safe/secure web applications, because you can't afford to be a "copy and paste" developer when you're exposed to the web.

As for why @ is eveil, I have provided a link below for those who are PHP developers or at least have an interest in actually learning about the awesome (yet misunderstood) language. 

http://php.net/manual/en/language.operators.errorcontrol.php

UDF List:

I'm not looking for favors, i'm looking for ppl who want to contribute to their own situation and others by cooperating in a project, i'm a bit sad you can't see that, being a developer and all.
Like i said in earlier posts, i don't have a programmers background and that's why i felt you comin in here telling me my work is flawed, without explaining why, was trolling. Then you tell me you don't need to explain yourself since i'm a php-developer, now that was funny and we both know it.

When it comes to the php-code that i altered from a snippet, i still can't see why disableing errors in an expression that has nothing to do with the project itself, is a "really terrible idea"... but if you can't explain why, i'm sure someone a bit more humble will decide its fate.

Edited by faldo