Meet Remmanaut, the autoit remote administration tool

faldo

The future of Remmanaut  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would this tool interest you in some way?

• Yes, i'd be interested in helping out with development somewhere down the road.
    • Sure, i'd be interested in the tool once it's finished...
    • The company i work for would definitly need such a tool!
    • The company i work for already has similar a tool, don't need another.
    • Nah, such a tool wouldn't contribute to anything i'm doing

@faldo , I'm looking at the code and don't find any error correction. I mean, in case of error/failed , then what ?. For example, in Func _SendFile($LocalFile) , what if $FileSocket = TCPConnect($Remmanaut_Server_IP, $FilePort) fails ?, then what ?. That is just an example. Everything is coded expecting not to fail BUT something somewhere will, then there will be a crash of the running process or just unresponsive waiting for something that already failed but was not catched. Than what ?

Put the "settings.ini" in a variable with full path, like $g_INI = @ScriptDir&"\my.ini" , otherwise it may, one day, not find it, also, you may wanna put that ini elsewhere.

Last but not least, be super kind with anyone who dares talk to you. You have no idea how raw/inexperienced/clueless, you are, and how annoying that can be to someone who is not. 

Most of all, keep learning and thanks for sharing.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Thanx for taking a look at the code @argumentum, much apreciated like before!
You're making a valid point about error handling and i'll be certain to focus on that once i've got the basic functionality to work properly. Stability and security will be my leading stars once i've managed find a good structure and base to stand on.
Also good point about settings.ini, wil correct that right away, thanx.

In your opinion, do you think this project has potential? I know a downfall of Autoit is the fact one can't multithread but i'm trying compensate with a queue-system, other than that i can't see any big hurdles to get over, do you?

As for my experiance, you're absolutely right, i'm just a novice at programming. I'm thankfull for all the help i get but i won't put up with hotshots who put themselves above others and don't "feel the need to explain" themselves. This is not a pissing contest, if you don't want to be humble and give constructive feedback, don't bother commenting at all.
I'll be happy to keep sharing if people accept me even if i'm not a pro.

7 minutes ago, faldo said:

I know a downfall of Autoit is the fact one can't multithread

That's not a problem. One can fork and IPC what you need out of the other processes that you'd rather not stop the script to wait for, and/or potentialy rendering a GUI unresponsive. So creativity is the key.

11 minutes ago, faldo said:

right, i'm just a novice at programming. I'm thankfull for all the help i get but i won't put up with hotshots

The forum is to aid, yes. But you are quite raw right now. Each one has and interpretation for what is been presented in written format and yours is not very understanding nor polite to what may be offensive from your view. Taking offense is inefficient and worse, losing the aid of those that are well respected contributors. The code in the v0.2 is not of an unprofessional, is actually quite clueless as far as basic understandings BUT you've taken the initiative to learn this language via writing a RAT, cool.

Don't get side tracked by your ego. Thank anyone that will look your way. Even if you feel offended. Avoid imparting offence by defending your persona. Toss your ego aside and capture the hint. For example,  "Uhhh, the use of @ is a really terrible idea.", that was a good point, if you search google you'd find ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1032161/what-is-the-use-of-the-symbol-in-php ) that its wrong to suppress error, and it is what I presented to you in my last post. Error catching is very important. Now, that rest of the pissing part was unnecessary. Again, anyone giving you a hint should be welcomed and treated as a Sensei . Just as you see in the movies.

So, beg for your life, ask for forgiveness and understanding that you are young and overly eager. And behave in a way a British gentleman would in an old movie, as you have not yet Zen your self.

37 minutes ago, faldo said:

I'll be happy to keep sharing if people accept me even if i'm not a pro.

You are accepted. The fact that you are here is prove.

Happy learning. Hope you continue with this project.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Congratulations on successful launch! I would suggest you compare you're product with readily available rmm products in the market. Please don't go for big players as they tend have their own modifications and built in , I suggest you newbie's and lesser known products as they tend give multiple products/features as their compliment  signup's. For example Comodo one is suite which allows user with device management + patch mangement + remote monitoring and management tool like this there are many products which will help you build your product in more sale able way.

Best Luck!

1 hour ago, Golden_back said:

Congratulations on successful launch! I would suggest you compare you're product with readily available rmm products in the market. Please don't go for big players as they tend have their own modifications and built in , I suggest you newbie's and lesser known products as they tend give multiple products/features as their compliment  signup's. For example Comodo one is suite which allows user with device management + patch mangement + remote monitoring and management tool like this there are many products which will help you build your product in more sale able way.

Best Luck!

Thank you and welcome to the forum!
As you say, it's allways good to look at other similar tools and make something unique. Remmanaut is free and as far as i've seen, that's pretty unique.
As for functionality, my plan is to create an engine with core components along with a standard for modules/addons. I call these addons "consequential feautures" in the OP since they derive from core functionality but with extended usefulness and results. That way, anyone can create content on top of the Remmanaut engine.
Cheers!

Edited by faldo

Hi,

i want try this soft.

I install server & management on pc A

I install agent on pc B

When i start pc B agent i have an error on pc A

Error :

Line 8122 (File "C:\Remmanaut server\Remmanaut-Agent connector.exe"):

Error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable.

Log :

Agent connector listening on port 5256
MySQL error while creating new agent: Incorrect datetime value: '25/04/2016 16:16:23' for column 'first_checkin' at row 1
Agent PC1 has come online.

After that Agent connector stop. So i'm completly stuck here. What i have miss ?

Thank you for your report, the error is due to date format and should be easy to fix. I'll upload a new version asap.

If you want to try a quick fix, change your database collation so that dates have dashes instead of slashes, like 25-04-2016 instead of 25/04/2016. If that don't help, it's most likely a "local settings" problem.

Cheers!

Edited by faldo

@Synapsee, I've uploaded a new build, all you should have to do is compile "Remmanaut-agent connector.au3" and replace it in your installation folder. Clear the agents-table in the DB and fire up the agent.
If it still don't work, try reinstalling the server part.

it's most likely a "local settings" problem

u are true about that. its a local settings problem. the 0.2 works if i change "local setting date string". anyway youre 0.2.1 fix that.

so now i see agent online. on manager i can do only "remote shell/execute shell command" for the moment ? i have miss other functionnality ? How can i use "file transfert funcionnality" ?

about "remote shell/execute shell command" :

i select a date i try just "cmd.exe" on command input

log return Sending cmd_sysuser|...   ...|cmd.exe

i have "error scheduling command" because management.au3 : Consolewrite(string($Recv)) = 0x01000000

agent log return nothing, i think the agent dont receive the packet (two computer are on same sub network)

2 hours ago, Synapsee said:

How can i use "file transfert funcionnality" ?

The file transfer function is not coded into the management tool yet, only in the engine, it will be available soon.

2 hours ago, Synapsee said:

about "remote shell/execute shell command" :

i select a date i try just "cmd.exe" on command input

log return Sending cmd_sysuser|...   ...|cmd.exe

i have "error scheduling command" because management.au3 : Consolewrite(string($Recv)) = 0x01000000

agent log return nothing, i think the agent dont receive the packet (two computer are on same sub network)

If you get error "error scheduling command", the command never got written to the database. Having all components on the same subnet should not be a problem.
Unfortunatly i havent managed to reproduce your problem yet but i believe it's a query problem. Could you please compile the attached file, replace the exe in your installation folder and then schedule another remote shell command? This will not correct the problem but should specify the error in the server log-file.

*Edit* Btw, you need to move the file to the src-folder of the Remmanaut build so that it can include the MySql.au3

Remmanaut-management connector.au3

Edited by faldo

Hey Faldo!

I run the latest setup with no prior installation, i get failed on ports, witch i guess is ok becose i havent installed it yet :)

but how to install it ?

PS:

i havent installed MySQL yet but i will do, just curius if it suppose to fail like this?

Also wonder if its possible to point to a test mysql server i have in the network..

2016-04-27 19:27:45 : Could not connect to Remmanaut server on 127.0.0.1:5074
2016-04-27 19:27:46 : Could not connect to Remmanaut server on 127.0.0.1:5076
2016-04-27 19:27:57 : Could not connect to Remmanaut server on 127.0.0.1:5074
2016-04-27 19:27:58 : Could not connect to Remmanaut server on 127.0.0.1:5075
2016-04-27 19:28:06 : Port 5074 did not respond for incomming trafic, please open the port and/or create a port forward to this machine in the firewall.
2016-04-27 19:28:07 : Port 5075 did not respond for incomming trafic, please open the port and/or create a port forward to this machine in the firewall.
2016-04-27 19:28:09 : Port 5076 did not respond for incomming trafic, please open the port and/or create a port forward to this machine in the firewall.
2016-04-27 19:28:10 : Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

//Lasse

Edited by lgvlgv

46 minutes ago, lgvlgv said:

ok, i understand when i saw this.

maybe the web part should be included so people really can test all aspekt of it?

$host = "www.remmanaut.com"
    $page = "/porttest.php?port=" & $port

Hey Faldo!

I run the latest setup with no prior installation, i get failed on ports, witch i guess is ok becose i havent installed it yet :)

but how to install it ?

PS:

i havent installed MySQL yet but i will do, just curius if it suppose to fail like this?

Also wonder if its possible to point to a test mysql server i have in the network..

//Lasse

Edited by lgvlgv

Tjena Lasse!
Yes, the setup will fail until you've set up the network properly... in fact i'll include a small tutorial in the readme file since you brought it up :)

The setup is designed to verify connections on the ports you define. This verification differs depending on what component you're trying to install.
You need to install the server component first in order for the setup to verify connection to that later, when installing the agent or management component.

The server installation procedure verifies both tcp-connections and MySQL, the MySql is simply a localhost-connection.
The TCP verification is done by:
1. Starting a TcpListen() on the specified port
2. Sends a request to a php-script on the internet (have a look at post #12 of this forum thread)
3. That script tries to create an empty socket to that TcpListen()
4. If the php-script manages to open the socket, and the MySql-server responds, the "installation" button is enabled.

*Edit* Remmanaut is poorly documented right now, but there will definitly be a wiki later on. I'm a one man team so bare with me :)

Edited by faldo

ok :)

how about useing mysql on example my nas, is that ok or do i need to run it locally and is a webserver/wamp part of the plan in the future?

if i manually create the mysql database with tables i can use my allready installed mysql on my nas?

7 minutes ago, lgvlgv said:

ok :)

how about useing mysql on example my nas, is that ok or do i need to run it locally and is a webserver/wamp part of the plan in the future?

if i manually create the mysql database with tables i can use my allready installed mysql on my nas?

Of course! You'll have to modify all the "localhost" connections and recompile... a search and replace in Scite should do the trick.
I'll add the possibility to define MySql address in a later version too :)
The wamp is just for people that don't want to mess too much with settings, you only really need the DB itself.

Edited by faldo