Greetings!

So I have been enjoying leveraging the Excel UDF but have run into a little trouble with the _Excel_RangeReadEx function.

I am getting an error that says this : 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR

I then found this ( https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/169779-excel-range-find-function-giving-bad-results/#comment-1240352 )

And gave his "Slightly modified" version of the script a go with the same error except the UDF was excel2 as I couldn't over-write the original.

The function that leverages this is as follows :

Func rangeFinder ()
   $inputDist = GUIctrlRead ($dispDist)
   Local $finderKeeper001 = _Excel_RangeFindEx ($oWorkbook, $inputDist)
   ConsoleWrite ($finderKeeper001[1])
EndFunc

The other functions within the same ( entire ) script function well so it's just this that's giving me issues.

In summary I am just looking for the script to locate the cell(s) that contain that value and return it's location so I can then further process things in my little world :)

Thanks for your time!

That's a problem with the 3.3.14.2 version of AutoIt and the way it handles COM Errors (means: It's a bug.)
There is another thread where I describe the problem and IIRC provide a solution. Need to do some Research ;) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By raj9039852537
      Hello all,
      I am trying to use script from This Link on windows 11. The script randomly crashes showing error about nonexistent variable at 
      $x = $pos^ This happens whenever start menu is opened.
      any solution?
    • By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoItObject-Internal/tree/master/Examples
      Version: 4.0.1
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation
      Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.
    • By sylremo
      I tried to implement the code in this topic:
      Firstly, i have no idea how these lines of code work but meanwhile i noticed that:
      ; Everytime autoit wants to call a method, get or set a property in a object it needs to go to ; IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames. This is our version of that function, note that by defining this ourselves ; we can fool autoit to believe that the object supports a lot of different properties/methods. Func __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames($pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId) ... EndFunc The problem is i ran into is that some object calls didn't go through IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames.
      Here is the code to replicate what i'm mentioning:
      I followed the example in the topic and tried to do the same thing with method .Documents (line 193) and .Open (line 194) but didn't get the same result because .Documents was being passed through __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames while .Open didn't.
      $Au3_CallByName = 'Documents' Local $oDoc = $oAppl.Au3_CallByName $Au3_CallByName = 'Open' $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) Console outputs:
      ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) $oDoc = $oDoc^ ERROR Is there any workarounds to solve this?

Thank you!
    • By goku200
      I have an Autoit script that lists files from a folder into an array list. Is there a way to separate the filenames by an underscore and include the id, version, name and date into separate columns in Excel.
      Example of filename:
      12345_v1.0_TEST Name [12345]_01.01.2022.html
      12345 would be in one column
      v1.0 would be in another column
      TEST Name [12345] would be in another column
      01.01.2022 would be in another column
      .html would be in another column
      Note: filenames always change each day.
      Here is my code that lists the files into column C and then writes the column Headers into Column D, E, F, G. Just need some help with separating them into columns by the _ delimiter

• By SkysLastChance
      I am having a issue of whenever I try to _Excel_RangeWrite a formula that references another workbook I am getting an error @4 and @extended -2147352567

#include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkBook,Default,"=IF(D2=D1,"",VLOOKUP(D2,'J:\Temporary Files\FolderName\FileName.xlsx'!$A:$B,2,0))","W2",False) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 1", "Error writing to worksheet." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 1", "String successfully written.") I am not a 100% sure, but I am guessing this is because I have "" and '' in the formula. However, I am not sure how this can best be resolved.