run from scite or compile

HI there so finally got my first script working. Total beginner here BTW

SO the script will run in a loop 24/7 with some 1000 lines of code. Running it from scite has the advantage that I can modify it as and when I need to so trying to figure out the advantages of compiling it (for instance I dont need it to be portable exe as it is only correct for the particular server I setup)

Hi again @mmoalem
As far as I know every time you run the script there will be syntax check, pre compile task and then run your script, so I think(no completely sure) a compile script will have better performance than just running the script.

I'm a beginner like you so let the one with more expertise tell us the final words.

Regards
Alien.

Edited by alien4u
typo fixed

3 hours ago, JohnOne said:

Yes there is. 1 process versus 3 or 4 including Wrappers etc, scite and autoit.

Meaning? sorry @JohnOne is not clear for me, English is not my first language.

1 - Process = Compile Script?
3 or 4 - Process = Running from SciTE editor?

Regards
Alien.

I think he means that as an exe it is the only process running while running in scite means that the script is one process, scite itself is another prcess and so the wrappers that scite use to execute the script - so the CPU have 3 running processes

6 hours ago, mmoalem said:

I think he means that as an exe it is the only process running while running in scite means that the script is one process, scite itself is another prcess and so the wrappers that scite use to execute the script - so the CPU have 3 running processes

Yes, plus autoit.exe

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.