Noobie Question - My extrenal App 'hangs'?

HI All

I'm only 2 days into Autoit so bear with me please!

I want to open a 3rd Party database and interrogate it - first step is to open it and enter my pass word - that's OK (used Run for the .exe file, WinWaitActive and Send for the text). But when I send {ENTER} the application then states 'Logged in, opening application - but it never does, it just hangs there!

I have previously tried to open this application with Powershell and got past that first part with no problem at all - it ran immediately (though I did have to invoke it using a short-cut to the program rather than run the .exe file.

I don't think that it is my three lines of code that are the issue so I suspect there must be some deeper problem with the way the application is being treated/opened and is probably deep in the windows weeds so I am hoping that someone out there will just say ah, that old catch.

I haven't searched the posts here for a answer because I can't think of a way to phrase the question! Hope someone has a useful suggestion.

Cheers

James

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid that mentioning 'database' was probably a mistake on my part. The program I want to control is in no way accessible to me - I'm operating it only by manipulating the user interface - there are no other options.

I wonder if my issue may have something to do with my level of 'authority' - the Powershell program that worked  did also make me 'authorise' my activity?

Cheers

James