Support EOF when using RunPE

As some of you might have known, I am in the progress of making an anti-decompilation tool. One of the problems I am facing is that sometimes it need to protects applications that utilizes EOF (Like another AutoIt compiled exe, since the exe will read the data from EOF and interpret it).  I am using RunPE since if I am using FileWrite, people can easily copy the original file, and it is harder to dump from memory. However, when I am using RunPE, the original application will not work if it is using EOF. I am thinking of instead of injecting into self, I will write a  random character and the EOF data to an exe, and then doing RunPE into it. Would that work? Or should I just apend EOF data to the end of the original executable?

I wouldn't bother trying to protect your script all that much. Regardless of what you try, someone is going to be able to crack it. If Microsoft can't prevent people from hacking their programs, you don't stand a chance.

Also, how much effort do you want to put into this, seeing as it probably wouldn't be worth protecting all that much anyways? You're not going to be creating the next Windows OS in AutoIt, so whatever time you put into this effort is probably worth more than the software will get you in the end.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

On 4/16/2016 at 1:02 AM, BrewManNH said:

I wouldn't bother trying to protect your script all that much. Regardless of what you try, someone is going to be able to crack it. If Microsoft can't prevent people from hacking their programs, you don't stand a chance.

Also, how much effort do you want to put into this, seeing as it probably wouldn't be worth protecting all that much anyways? You're not going to be creating the next Windows OS in AutoIt, so whatever time you put into this effort is probably worth more than the software will get you in the end.

I would disagree, since this is not meant for monetization or that kinda stuff. My main goal is to learn  more and more everyday, and just have fun doing stuffs. Also I will be putting a lot of free times into this.

Edited by giangnguyen