trying to write script for if....then but stuck

fst

hello all.  I'm new to the site as well as to using and hoping to fully understand and grasp the AutoIT software.  currently i have a temporary, working, script but it's stuck on an infinite loop even though i had thought i had it working to stop at a specific number.  furthermore, i am trying to write an if...then  or if.....else(if) whena different action occurs.   heres the scenario:

i have a webpage (sharepoint) where i am doing a certain number of mouse clicks to select data and then deleting them.  each time the page refreshes and the loop continues.  at times, the network may get busy so the page times out and gets the "This page can’t be displayed", where if i refresh (F5) the page works again. 

well, heres what i have currently, in advance much appreciated for everyone's help:

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---
Func _Au3RecordSetup()
Opt('WinWaitDelay',100)
Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)
Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)
Local $aResult = DllCall('User32.dll', 'int', 'GetKeyboardLayoutNameW', 'wstr', '')
If $aResult[1] <> '00000409' Then
  MsgBox(64, 'Warning', 'Recording has been done under a different Keyboard layout' & @CRLF & '(00000409->' & $aResult[1] & ')')
EndIf

EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

_AU3RecordSetup()
#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---
Global $x = 1
Do
   If _WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","") = _WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","") Then
      Sleep(3000)
MouseClick("left",1070,295,1)
Sleep(3700)
MouseClick("left",155,300,1)
Sleep(2300)
MouseClick("left",305,249,1)
Sleep(2000)
_WinWaitActivate("Message from webpage","")
Sleep(500)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Sleep(10000)
ElseIf   _WinWaitActivate("This page can’t be displayed - Internet Explorer","") = _WinWaitActivate("This page can’t be displayed - Internet Explorer","") Then
   Send("{F5}")
_WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","")
Sleep(10000)
Sleep(3700)
Sleep(2300)
Sleep(2000)
Sleep(500)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Sleep(10000)
EndIf
Until $x = 3

#endregion --- Au3Recorder generated code End ---

You never increment, or change in any way, the $x variable, so it's never going to equal 3, so the Do loop never ends.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

No, you can use the Do loop, you just need to somehow make the $x variable equal 3 at some point. Either increment it by one each time through the loop (if you only want it to run 3 times) or set it to 3 sometime during your run.

The best way to accomplish looping three times would be to use a For/Next loop though.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Open the help file, search for For in it, and run the example script that you'll find in the function description.

ok i managed to remove the Do...Until and using the For...Next.  However whenever the webpage times out after 15 minutes or so the "This page can’t be displayed - Internet Explorer" shows up.  I am trying to have the script refresh the page when that happens but it's not working.

#region --- Au3Recorder generated code Start (v3.3.9.5 KeyboardLayout=00000409)  ---

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---
Func _Au3RecordSetup()
Opt('WinWaitDelay',100)
Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)
Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)
Local $aResult = DllCall('User32.dll', 'int', 'GetKeyboardLayoutNameW', 'wstr', '')
If $aResult[1] <> '00000409' Then
  MsgBox(64, 'Warning', 'Recording has been done under a different Keyboard layout' & @CRLF & '(00000409->' & $aResult[1] & ')')
EndIf

EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

_AU3RecordSetup()
#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---
For $i = 1 To 20 Step +1

If _WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","") = _WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","") Then
      Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3700)
Sleep(2300)
Sleep(2000)
Sleep(500)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Sleep(10000)
ElseIf  _WinWaitActivate("This page can’t be displayed - Internet Explorer","") = _WinWaitActivate("This page can’t be displayed - Internet Explorer","") Then
   Send("{F5}")
_WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","")
Sleep(10000)
Sleep(3700)
Sleep(2300)
Sleep(2000)
Sleep(500)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(1000)
Sleep(10000)
EndIf
Next

I'm thinking im using the incorrect WinWaitActivate and maybe use the IExxxx instead?   or maybe after the ElseIf adding the Not and have the line as:

ElseIf Not _WinWaitActivate("Recycle Bin - Internet Explorer","") Then

Edited by fst
edit

If you are using IE, why don't you bind to the IE object and fire off a $oIE.refresh command? That might work (firing f5 might fail if you are on a different window or something)