Autoit Support At Irc

Myself and Dev have been hosting a IRC-channel that was there for AutoIt-users

that either needed help on AutoIt, or for those who just wanted to chat about

AutoIt (or whatever..) B)

BUT, nobody seems to be interested in this "service" so I'm thinking of giving it

up, at least for some months...

But if people either didn't now about this or they haven't got the chance to join

us, please join our channel today or post here to say that you're interested..

I will stop to visit the channel on Monday, and if there isn't any great activity

until then I will probably never bother to visit it again.. :whistle:

Please join : ...

(If you wish to move the channel to another server please post it here or message me at IRC)

Edited by Helge

Helge. Sometimes it takes a while for a good idea to catch on, so don't give up too soon. :whistle:

Speaking for myself, I simply don't have any time or opportunity to get onto IRC .. so I would be devastated if my absence were misinterpreted as disinterest. B)

And this might also apply to other folks here. But there are always new people learning about Autoit, and I'm sure that with constant encouragement, you'll soon have customers. So hang in there, and keep up the good work :angry:

I understand, but it isn't all that fun to wait for people to come all day B)

If I had internet at home this wouldn't be a problem at all, but I'm at

school so then it become a problem.. (24 hours school if you wonder)

I'm not trying to say that I'm a pro at AutoIt, I'm just trying to give the people

a chance to chat and to get live support on AutoIt (or whatever..)

And of course, all the big guys here at the forum will become OP at the channel...:whistle:

EDIT : Skriveleif

Edited by Helge

It's meant to be different from the forums, where you can get live support

and simply just chat about everything or nothing..

I'm open for everything, but not for ever.

I will keep it alive a few more days, to see if anyone are interested.

Edited by Helge

As a longtime scripter, WinRunner supporter and problem solver I love everything about AutoIt. I have never been interested in IRC and cannot see that I will be in the future. I am happy with a good and responsive forum. Thanks for the work that everyone contributes.

It won't, you'll see.

Wow way to support your fellow autoiter :whistle:

Helge that was a good idea...We tried it a while back with someone else and it didn't work either. It's mainly that

• You have to have IRC
  • Have enough desire to go to a different place. We already have two support forums.
The only way I can see a chat working is if it can be added directly to this forum using our log-on id's. I also like the idea that everyone get's to see all the ideas as they are progressing. But really thanks for your help and ideas. B)

red

Well, even though I reconfirm the general "an irc chan probably wouldn't make much sense" opinion, I'd still join it - if only it wasn't on some gaming network, but on freenode for example :whistle:

I think it was very cool that you offered the support on IRC. But we could never use it at my company since IRC is blocked!

Many of the users of AutoIt are corporate folk who have trouble accessing Instant Messaging.

• 5 months later...

As I said I can move the channel to basically any other server if many people

want to (as if  :ph34r:)...

Preferably to one of these :

• Undernet

• Efnet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be part of an autoit IRC channel if it were on EFNet or freenode... I don't want to be logging into 100 networks to get to different things... preferrable freenode since that seems the most member friendly... Forums are good... but for simple small problems that you want the answer NOW... only a chat room would do... imho...

Jonathan Chan

I'll be part of an autoit IRC channel if it were on EFNet or freenode...  I don't want to be logging into 100 networks to get to different things... preferrable freenode since that seems the most member friendly... Forums are good... but for simple small problems that you want the answer NOW... only a chat room would do... imho...

Jonathan Chan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hell, why not, I've got trillian, I'd sign on every now and then... I've got EFNet listed in it, though not freenode... and looks like work's not blocking it...

so, I'm on EFNet, #autoit right now...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• 1 year later...