Vb read line, 5 characters to the left, copy rest of text in the line, display and continue to next line

Hanko

Vb read line, 5 characters to the left, copy rest of text in the line, display and continue to next line

I have a text file on c, i need to open and read the first line, verify if the 5 characters are = to some other text, if yes, display the REST of the text in the line, then repeat for each line on the file.txt until it reads all the lines in the text file. not sure how to do it...

What I have tried:

My "code"

Dim fileReader As StreamReader fileReader = My.Computer.FileSystem.OpenTextFileReader("C:\locatin1/filetoshow.txt")

Dim stringReader As String
stringReader = fileReader.ReadLine()
''if readline last end if not continue to next line....
'' read first 6 characters and do if
' If stringReader = ""Dis1err" Then
'Display1.Dis1RTB1.Text = "display the items to the right after character 6 to endofline"
'Else
' If stringReader = ""Dis1jam" Then
'Display1.Dis1RTB2.Text = "display the items to the right after character 6 to endofline"
'Else
' If stringReader = ""Dis1???" Then
'Display1.Dis1RTB3.Text = "display the items to the right after character 6 to endofline"
'Else
' If stringReader = ""Dis2err" Then
'Display2.Dis2RTB1.Text = "display the items to the right after character 6 to endofline"
'Else
' If stringReader = ""Dis2jam" Then
'Display2.Dis2RTB2.Text = "display the items to the right after character 6 to endofline"
'Else
' If stringReader = ""Dis2???" Then
'Display2.Dis1RTB3.Text = "display the items to the right after character 6 to endofline"
'Else

'stringReader.Close()