Scite console panel show weird characters

Roy_

Hi everybody,

I don't know how, I think starting from yesterday, Scite show weird characters in its console panel.

Maybe I'm missing some configuration.

If I write the following statement:

ConsoleWrite("Cioè" & @crlf)

I get the following output: CioxE8

The source file encoding is UTF8 with BOM.

AutoItVersion 3.3.14.2

Os Language: Italian.

Thank you for your help.

Roy.

• Developers
3 minutes ago, Roy_ said:

I don't know how, I think starting from yesterday

So what did you change? :)

Show me the full output of the SciTE output pane (Console) so I can see what you are using.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thank you Jos.

Here It is:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\AutoItObj\examples\pc5250\testutf8.au3" /UserParams    
+>15:16:40 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.0 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00000410  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0410)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\roy\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\roy\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\AutoItObj\examples\pc5250\testutf8.au3
+>15:16:40 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\AutoItObj\examples\pc5250\testutf8.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
+>15:16:40 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>15:16:40 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.4789

• Developers

Did you see this bit:

# detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM

Seems it takes the whole line in stead of just the number from the SciTEGlobal.properties which I need to fix. :)

Don't think that is the root cause of your issue though because for me it is working fine.
Can you PM me the file your are testing with that just simply contains that one consolewrite line?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I had a look and have updated the sciteglobal.properties for the next release, to set this as a proper default for windows similar to the setting for "code.page=0"

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.