FileExists ... on cloud?

• Moderators

Both dropbox and OneDrive put a local folder in the profile in order to synch files (if you're using the desktop client). So it would be a simple call to FileExists:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_OK, "", (FileExists(@UserProfileDir & "\DropBox\After.jpg") ? "Found it!" : "Nope!"))

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Well, I'm familiar with using FileExists for local files but  I'm actually looking for a way to determine when the "sync" is complete.  So, the question remains...

What is the most efficient way for AutoIt to check for the existence (and potentially basic properties) of cloud-based (googleDrive, dropBox, etc...) files?

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, jaja714 said:

I'm actually looking for a way to determine when the "sync" is complete.

File this under information that would have been nice in your first post. ;)

I know I have used this in the past, but it has been a long time. Don't know if it works under the latest release of DP:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!