deleting excel row

i thought i submited this before but i guess i am wrong. i am trying to delete a row in an excel spread sheet using excel objects

i have this code

$oexcel = objcreate("excel.application")

$workbook = $oexcel.workbooks.open($exceldoc)

$currentworksheet = $oexcel.activateworkbook.worksheets(1)

$objreange = $currentworksheet.rows("4:4").enirerow

$objrange.delete

this does not work please advise

This is one problem: " enirerow"

I see this is a duplicate post.  That said, have you looked at the Excel UDF?  Take a look at the function called _Excel_RangeDelete.  That may be an easy way to do what you are trying to accomplish. 

Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Try this modified example from the help file.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

; Create application object and open an example workbook
Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeDelete Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @ScriptDir & "\excelrows.xlsx") ; NAME OF YOUR XLS HERE 
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeDelete Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel1.xls'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oExcel)
    Exit
EndIf

; *****************************************************************************
; Delete a specific row
; *****************************************************************************
Local $sRange = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.rows(2); THIS IS THE ROW YOU WOULD LIKE TO DELETE    
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeDelete Example 1", "Deleting cells " & $sRange & ".")
_Excel_RangeDelete($oWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $sRange, $xlShiftUp)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeDelete Example 1", "Error deleting cells." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

"Does not work" is a bit vague ;) Can you please tell us what you get? Error message, return value, value of @error?
What didn't work with the Excel UDF? Which syntax errors?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Again: What does not work? Do you get any error messages in SciTe? What is the return value of _Excel_RangeDelete and the value of @error after calling the function?
Can you please post the whole script you use with the Excel UDF (_Excel_Open etc. are missing right now)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Grab Example 2 from the help file for _Excel_RangeDelete and modify it to your needs (filename, row to delete etc.). If you get an error we can work with that.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

For what it is worth the code I posted above is modified from the help file and it works ... you would simply need to replace the file name / path.  I would suggest using all that code, not just a piece of it.  Then as @water suggests if you still have a problem it would be easier to diagnose.

Just to be clear:
$srange = "4:4" (this is not a Row, not even a range).

Be sure you have this two lines like @Jfish told you:

Local $sRange = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.rows(2); ******THIS IS THE ROW YOU WOULD LIKE TO DELETE*****    
_Excel_RangeDelete($oWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $sRange, $xlShiftUp)

Notice that row to delete is only one number refering to the entire row you want to delete.

Regards
Alien.

Disagree. "4:4" is a perfectly valid range as described here: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Excel_UDF#Cell_reference

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, subina said:

created script using Jfish example. filled in my path and row to be deleted

_excel_open returns @error = 3 and @extended = -2147352567

The idea of using that code was that it would not cause you to disclose any confidential info.  Can you please post what you tried using the code tags <> ?

That's not added by the Excel UDF, this form of cell reference is offered by Excel.
Details can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff839036%28v=office.14%29.aspx

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki