Update Script to use new database

• Moderators

KrisTaracad,

Then I would recommend upgrading to the latest version (3.3.14.2) - that might well solve the problem as your current includes are obviously causing the problem. But do check that you will not cause other problems by doing so.

M23

P.S. Just seen the above. Interesting - so why do they need the Excel/AutoCAD differentiation if they only ever enter simple text? The script goes to some length to determine the clipboard format and, if it is considered to be AutoCAD, does a pile of work to create an xref command (I googled it and it seems an important AutoCAD functionality). Could you get one of these users on-line at some point? But not tonight - it is the final session of the snooker World Championship and I am otherwise engaged. Given our trans-Atlantic time difference, perhaps tomorrow morning (CA) / afternoon (UK) might be a good time.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi I upgrade to latest. Getting this error now

(path is relative to where the file is located)

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line 58  (File "path\FileFind2016.au3"):

FLocal $sClipboard = ClipGet()
FLocal ^ ERROR

Error: Badly formated variable or macro.
OK   

So from what I see someone who used to create these scripts just had the software installed on their machine and just stored the exe file for people to use on a shared drive so upgrading the software wont affect anything.

generally the staff just launch the exe file from the shared drive and use the hotkeys to search for filenames within the shared drive

Okay quick update.

I realized my issue. I had a typo. The script builds now. I am able to run it. I have updated the database.txt file with what they use that contains all the files and folders they use.

apparently when they hit ctrl-alt-x it is supposed to bring up some means to copy the path. I will need to get more information on this but i will get back to you.

as of now, the script compiles and i am able to launch it and search for text the way they normally do. just need to confirm with them.

thans M23 for your help so far! I will let you know as soon as I hear back

• Moderators

Kristaracad,

On my phone while watching the snooker - good news. 

M23 

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Okay so what I did seems to have fixed the problem. As you suggested after upgrading, I thought to myself, why don't I just compile the same au3 file I had originally and try. It seems to have worked as they wanted.

So newer version of the software same au3 file I was using initially with update to the database location and some variables that were referencing old file server updated to new file server path seems to have resolved the issue.

Just need to confirm with end users. I'll definitely keep you posted. Enjoy the snooker!