How are you tracking your scripts results

Guys,

I was just wondering how most of you guys are tracking the results of your scripts. I know alot of you guys measure how efficiently your scripts run and I'm sure your checking the console or writing this data into a log file. I'm wondering if any of you are measuring things like this over time? Hourly, Daily, Weekly, monthly, etc. and if your using a dashboard. 

I've been playing around with measuring by pushing data into Google Analytics via measurement protocol. I'm only sending Event data into GA so really I'm tracking single events for the most part. Daily Run times, number of processes particular scripts perform, etc...

I did find a cool free reporting dashboard online called CYFE and you can basically send anything to them in the right format and build out a dashboard for it. 

With so many scripts that run and do diff things, I was just curious if you guys are measuring them. If you are using some sortof dashboard, do you mind sharing what your using.

I have standardized functions for XML logging.  So I have up to 12 VMs running the same scripts, outputting all their data (and pass/fail results) to an XML file on a share, and then parsing that (after they are all done) into a database.

For the 'visual' aspect, I use Jenkins...the XML format I output to is junit, so there are plugins to give you pretty graphs, and historical run data, pass fail data, etc.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

It's a great tool for continuous integration...automate all your builds, polling, tons of plugins...I recommend it.  (it's free too)

So that's the tool for the running of the builds...for the deployment side and script execution, I use Chef (also free)...good for setting up environments, but a huge learning curve on that one.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.