Merge cvs file to excel file

My goal is to have some info I got in a comma CVS file merged with a excel doc.

In the excel.doc the search column is B and I need to do it from row 8, because 1-7 is locked.

I really hope someone can help me.

This is what I have tried:

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the message to display in FileOpenDialog.
Local Const $sMessage = "Select a single file of any type."
; Display an open dialog to select a file.
Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WindowsDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
If @error Then
    ; Display the error message.
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file was selected.")
    ; Change the working directory (@WorkingDir) back to the location of the script directory as FileOpenDialog sets it to the last accessed folder.
    FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
    Exit
Else
    ; Change the working directory (@WorkingDir) back to the location of the script directory as FileOpenDialog sets it to the last accessed folder.
    ; Replace instances of "|" with @CRLF in the string returned by FileOpenDialog.
    $sFileOpenDialog = StringReplace($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
    ; Create application object and open an example workbook
    Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sFileOpenDialog)
    If @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel1.xls'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
        _Excel_Close($oExcel)
        Exit
    EndIf

; *****************************************************************************
    ; Find all occurrences of string "=C10*10" in the formulas, exact match
    Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, "Maskprov 7", "B8:B1739", Default, $xlWhole)
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 2", "Error searching the range." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 2", "Find all occurrences of string '=C10*10' in the formulas, exact match." & @CRLF & "Data successfully searched.")
    _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 2", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment")
EndIf

This is my result:

Row|Sheet|Name|Cell|Value
[0]|Consultant OU - Questions - EME|$B$1573|Maskprov 7|Maskprov 7

But how do I use this info to add text into the excel doc?

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Hello @Valnurat

In the excel.doc the search column is B and I need to do it from row 8, because 1-7 is locked.

If is an excel file it must be excel.xls or .xlsx file.

Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sFileOpenDialog)

This line is not right you _Excel_BookOpen expect an excel file.
Should be something like this:

Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @ScriptDir & "\Excel.xlsx", Default, Default)

Finally if you are going to Write the info in the CVS file to the Excel file you don't need _ExcelRangeFind at all...

Anyways is not very clear for me if you want to write to the Excel File some data read from the CVS file or you want to write to the CVS file some data read from the excel file.

Regards
Alien.

Yes, sorry. It was old code.

I have changed it a little.

#include <ExcelModify.au3>
#include <File.au3>
Global $aCSVfile[0][12]
;_ArrayDisplay($aCSVfile,"")
; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the message to display in FileOpenDialog.
Local Const $sMessage = "Select a single file of any type."
Local $sCVSFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WindowsDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
If @error Then
    Exit
Else
    $sCVSFileOpenDialog = StringReplace($sCVSFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
    _FileReadToArray($sCVSFileOpenDialog, $aCSVfile, Default, ";")
    _ArrayDisplay($aCSVfile, "2D array - count", Default, 8)
EndIf
Local $sExcelFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WindowsDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
If @error Then
    Exit
Else
    $sExcelFileOpenDialog = StringReplace($sExcelFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)
    ; Create application object and open an example workbook
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sExcelFileOpenDialog)
    If @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\Extras\_Excel1.xls'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
        _Excel_Close($oExcel)
        Exit
    EndIf

For $i = 1 to $aCSVfile[0][0]
        MsgBox(0,"",$aCSVfile[$i][7])
        Local $aResult = __Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, $aCSVfile[$i][7], "B:B", Default, Default)
        If Not @error And IsArray($aResult) Then
        Switch UBound($aResult)
            Case 0
                MsgBox(0,"0","Empty")
            Case 1
                _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 2", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment")
                MsgBox(0,"1",$aResult[0][2])
            Case Else
                MsgBox(0,"2","More than 1")
        EndSwitch
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf

but I would like to insert text into the excel in column "K" e.g.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

You need to clear you goals, you lost me.
You want to Write to the Excel file the data you read from the CVS file?
If the answer is YES, then again: you don't need RangeFind you need _Excel_RangeWrite()

Regards
Alien.

Valnurat,
I think I understand what you need.
I stripped down your script as far as possible because you are overcomplicating things. With this script I try to make it work.
To make it work on your side simply process those lines marked with " ; >> Replace with above line".

; #include <ExcelModify.au3>
#include <Excel.au3> ; >> Replace with above line
#include <File.au3>
Global $aCSVfile[0][12]
; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the title to display in FileOpenDialog.
Local Const $sTitle = "Select a single input file (CSV format)."
Local Const $sTitleExcel = "Select a single Excel file as output."
Local $sCVSFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sTitle, @WindowsDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file was selected.")
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Error reading CSV input file: " & $sCVSFileOpenDialog & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error)
_ArrayDisplay($aCSVfile, "2D array - count", Default, 8)
Local $sExcelFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sTitleExcel, @WindowsDir & "\", "Excel files (*.xls*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
; Create application object and open the workbook
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error opening workbook '" & $sExcelFileOpenDialog & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

For $i = 1 To $aCSVfile[0][0]
    MsgBox(0, "", $aCSVfile[$i][7])
    ; Local $aResult = __Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, $aCSVfile[$i][7], "B:B", Default, Default)
    Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, $aCSVfile[$i][7], "B:B", Default, Default) ; >> Replace with above line
        Switch UBound($aResult)
            Case 0
                MsgBox(0, "0", "Empty")
            Case 1
                _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "Excel UDF", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment")
                MsgBox(0, "1", $aResult[0][2])
            Case Else
                MsgBox(0, "2", "More than 1")
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok then you need _Excel_RangeFind() and you need _Excel_RangeWrite()

Anyways in order to help you more and need more info:
-Example CVS file or example data you will read from that file
-Example Excel file or example data you will have on that Excel File.

To Search on the entire Workbook you could use simple as this:

Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, "value to find")

Then Based on that result you use _Excel_RangeWrite() to write the values you read from the CVS file.

Regards
Alien.

Edited by alien4u

You need something like this:

; #include <ExcelModify.au3>
#include <Excel.au3> ; >> Replace with above line
#include <File.au3>
Global $aCSVfile[0][12]
; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the title to display in FileOpenDialog.
Local Const $sTitle = "Select a single input file (CSV format)."
Local Const $sTitleExcel = "Select a single Excel file as output."
Local $sCVSFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sTitle, @WindowsDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Error reading CSV input file: " & $sCVSFileOpenDialog & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error)
Local $sExcelFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sTitleExcel, @WindowsDir & "\", "Excel files (*.xls*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
; Create application object and open the workbook
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error opening workbook '" & $sExcelFileOpenDialog & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

For $i = 1 To $aCSVfile[0][0]
    ; Local $aResult = __Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, $aCSVfile[$i][7], "B:B", Default, Default)
    Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, $aCSVfile[$i][7], "B:B", Default, Default) ; >> Replace with above line
        Switch UBound($aResult, 1)
            Case 0
                MsgBox(0, "0", "Empty")
            Case 1
                ; Write the second column of the CSV file to the right of column "B"
                _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aCSVfile[$i][1], $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range($aResult[0][2]).Offset(0, 1))
            Case Else
                MsgBox(0, "2", "More than 1")
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes, there was alot of stuff.

I get this error:

(41) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aCSVfile[$i][1], $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range($aResult[0][2]).Offset(0, 1))
_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aCSVfile[$i][1], $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet^ ERROR

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Please post the value of $aResult[0][2] and $aCSVfile[$i][1]

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

$aResult[0][2] = Paulina

$aCSVfile[$i][1] =03/10/2016 09:30:06

But I think I need to hand pick the info from my CVS file.

I tried this:

_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook,$oWorkbook.Activesheet, "Yes","C"& StringTrimLeft($aResult[0][1],3))

and I could see it was added to the same row in column 'C'

$aResult[0][1]=$B$1573

Edited by Valnurat

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

"Paulina" is wrong. Should be the cell address returned by _Excel_RangeFind.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Offset (in this case) defines how far to the right of the cell in column B you want to write the data to. K would be 9.

_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aCSVfile[$i][1], $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range($aResult[0][1]).Offset(0, 9))

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, Valnurat said:

aha.

_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aCSVfile[$i][1], $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range($aResult[0][1]).Offset(0, 1))

But what if I wanted $aCSVfile[$i][1] on cell 'K'?

Search the entire Workbook:

Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, "value to find")

And as @water said you will have in $aResult[2] the Address of the cell then just increment that to find the next cell to the right(I assume) and write there with _Excel_RangeWrite().
I suppose that  this is the same that .Offset(0,1) do(the best way to do it I think)

Sorry water I don't see your previous post.

Regards
Alien.

Edited by alien4u

11 minutes ago, Valnurat said:

aha.

_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aCSVfile[$i][1], $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range($aResult[0][1]).Offset(0, 1))

But what if I wanted $aCSVfile[$i][1] on cell 'K'?

Search the entire Workbook:

Why search the whole workbook? He just wants to WRITE the data to another column (at least that's how I understand his post).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, water said:

Why search the whole workbook? He just wants to WRITE the data to another column (at least that's how I understand his post).

Because I don't know where he search for a match, if he only search for a match on a single Column where there will be for example Names then you are completely right.
But if he search for a match that could be on any column then he need to search in the entire Workbook.

Regards
Alien.