I need to create a new administrator account on a number of computers, so figured I would make a script to do it. 

You can only add/modify admin profile from an elevated command prompt (administrator command prompt). So I tried writing that into my short script. I thought that my "RunAs" command below would do the trick, but it opens a standard cmd window through the admin profile.

Anyone able to tell me how to get it to open the elevated cmd?

RunAs("administrator",@ComputerName,$sAdminPassword,0,@ComSpec)
    Sleep (500)

Send("net user /ADD " & $sUsername & " " & $sPassword)
    Send("{ENTER}")

Send("Y")
    Send("{ENTER}")

Send("net user " & $sUsername & " /passwordchg:no")
    Send("{ENTER}")

Send("net localGroup administrators " & $sUsername & " /ADD")
    Send("{ENTER}")

WinClose("C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe")

@Tumulus if you are doing this on a "number of computers", why are you not using Active Directory to automate it?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

That is a really great question @JLogan3o13. I hadn't even thought to do that. A team lead asked if we could make a script to do it, but it would be much easier in active directory. I'll ask him about that today. 

Also, @AdamUL... That is great! Much easier process for local account management. I can avoid the cmd altogether with those commands right?

However, for the sake of learning, how do I get the cmd to open in an elevated box within an auto it script? We do a lot of scripting and many of our scripts need to operate with administrator permissions. Forgetting the rest of my code (if that is alright), why does this command open a standard cmd window instead of the administrator cmd prompt? 

RunAs("administrator",@ComputerName,$sAdminPassword,0,@ComSpec)

That is correct, you do not need the command window at all.  Also, with the Local Account UDF, you can access remote computers, and setup local accounts.  Just have a look at the function headers.  Also, look in the thread, as other users have submitted other useful functions not included in the UDF.  

RunAs does not give the runas user the Admin Token.  You have to use a workaround to run as a full admin with the Admin Token as a different user.  Here is an example script that shows one way to do it.  The script is wrote to work uncompiled or compiled.  

Adam

I did the script with the UDF and it was awesome! nifty little scripting there (shout out to @engine for the great work).

The example to run an Admin prompt was really helpful too. I got it working on some other scripts. Thanks again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hi,
      I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT company that started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kinda drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation of Windows 10.
      The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.

==============================FAQ==================================
      1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIT ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BATCH / POWERSHELL / VB) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIT to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsability to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Current progression of the project (more will be added in future)
      « Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
      ***Very early Stage ***
      Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Tested & Working - AutoIT only)
      Download & Install up to 567 softwares with Auto prediction of text typed  (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Change OEM Information (Tested & Working - contains both AutoIT version and CMD script)
      Disable ScreenSaver (Require testing AutoIT only)
      Change Computer Name (Require testing AutoIT only) 
      Show Computer Information and Smart status on GUI (Work - AutoIT Only)
      Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (Work - using 3rd party tool)
      Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Windows Updates (Working - AutoIT only)
      Install Office 
      Verify and Update softwares installed (Can be added if wanted (up to 567 softwares) - 3rd party tool)
      Activate Office (Tested on 2010 & Working - CMD Script)
      Pin to taskbar Excel, Outlook, Word, Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      GUI currently featuring the following options :
      - Checkboxes for desired tasks
      Inputs for : SupportUrl, Manufacturer, Model, SupportPhone, SupportHour, OEM Logo path
      -  Redirect ConsoleWrite with timestamped messages in richedit (errors shown separately in red text)
                 *** To Do ***
       - Read informations needed for tasks like: OEM, ComputerName, NAS user/password etc... from a file
       - ListView for Windows Updates
       - Probably more

***  If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real  ***
      ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      2020.09.21 Update: Since this topic reached over 200+ views without a single interest shown by community, pm me if you're willing to be part of the project and i'll share with you the GitHub project link  
      Best Regards,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas
    • By meety
      Hello!
      wingettext function can get the text content of the IE browser page, but the text content of the page cannot be obtained in the chrome browser? What should I do?
    • By DirtyJohny
      Hi everyone.Need rewrite this function how in еxample.
      Original:
      #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon Opt("MustDeclareVars",1) Func _a() Local $sls=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate," _ &"authenticationLevel=Pkt}!\\"& _ @ComputerName&'\root\wmi'),$lss=$sls.ExecQuery _ ('SELECT * FROM WmiMonitorID'), _ $lll,$sll,$sss="",$lsl,$lls,$i,$z For $z In $lss $lsl=$z.UserFriendlyName For $i=0 To Ubound($lsl)-1 if ($lsl[$i]) Then $lll&=Chr($lsl[$i]) Next $lls=$z.SerialNumberID For $i=0 To Ubound($lls)-1 if ($lls[$i]) Then $sll&=Chr($lls[$i]) Next $sss&="Model"&@TAB&@TAB&": "&$lll&@CR&"Serial Number"&@TAB&": "&$sll&@CR&@CR $lll="" $sll="" Next MsgBox(262144,'Monitors '&$lss.Count,$sss&" "&@CR) $lss=Null $sls=Null EndFunc _a() Example:
      Func _InfoPC() Local $ObjService = ObjGet('winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\' & @ComputerName & '\root\cimv2') Local $ObjMB = $ObjService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_BaseBoard', 'WQL', 0x30) If IsObj($ObjService) Then For $objItemMB In $ObjMB $sInfo &= @TAB & 'Motherboard: ...... ' & $objItemMB.Product & @CRLF I'm beginner in this sphere and need  you all speak easy and simply because i'm Russian.Thanks)
    • By Deshanur
      Am trying to automate injecting credential on the login form for all kind of Web application for IE. I know how to identify the form name by viewing the source code and using the method - _IEFormGetObjByName($ie, $form_Name).
      I would like to know how to identify or get the form object for the web app where there is no form name tag for example below, for the is I have used - _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0) to get the form object.
      My Question is does it work for all kind of application "_IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0)" how to identify Index value? is it always 0? is there any better solution?
      The final solution am looking for is find out form object, get the username, password field and inject credential and submit the form.
      How to find out index value? for the forms which does not have form name field.
      $login_form = _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0) $email_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_UserName) $pass_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_password) $login_button = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_submitbutton) _IEFormElementSetValue($email_field, $CmdLine[2]) _IEFormElementSetValue($pass_field, $CmdLine[3]) ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]","{Enter}") OR This works fine if the form has form name. $login_form = _IEFormGetObjByName($ie, $form_Name) $email_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_UserName) $pass_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_password) $login_button = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_submitbutton) _IEFormElementSetValue($email_field, $CmdLine[2]) _IEFormElementSetValue($pass_field, $CmdLine[3]) ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]","{Enter}")
    • By JuanFelipe
      Hello guys!
      I have a problem with a script, in the past I made a program and it worked perfect, I recently used it again and it already stands still in one step, the problem is a Javascript event that changed but now I cannot execute it.

<td colspan="2" align="center"><input type="button" id="Buscar" name="Buscar" value="Buscar" onclick="javascript:enviarForma(document.obtenercasosPersonaPorDocumento,'0');" class="boton"></td>  
      Previously I used this code and it worked, but now it does nothing
      $botonconsulta = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,"Buscar") _IEAction($botonconsulta, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE)  
      Now I have tried the following codes but none works.

;==================== 1 _IEHeadInsertEventScript($oIE, "document", "onclick", "javascript:enviarForma(document.obtenercasosPersonaPorDocumento,'0');") ControlClick("SUPER CELAC", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]") _IELoadWait($oIE) ;==================== 2 $forma = $oIE.document.obtenercasosPersonaPorDocumento $oIE.Navigate("JavaScript:enviarForma("&$forma&",""0"");") _IELoadWait($oIE) ;==================== 3 $boton = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "Buscar") $boton.document.parentwindow.execScript("enviarForma(document.obtenercasosPersonaPorDocumento,'0');", "javascript") I hope you can guide me, because I think the error is in the parameters that the javascript function receives but I don't know how to send it, here I leave the first part of the JavaScript function.
      function enviarForma(frm,tipoForma){ var bExisteDatoConsulta = false; var bError=true; var mensajeError=""; switch (tipoForma) { //--Forma documento case "0": if (validar_campo_no_vacio_no_print(frm.numeroDocumento)) { if (!isNum(frm.numeroDocumento.value)) { bError = false; mensajeError += "El número de documento debe ser un valor numérico\n"; } bExisteDatoConsulta = true; } else { mensajeError += "Debe digitar un número de documento\n"; } break;  Thanks!