Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Dear members of the forum,
I'm working on a project in which I have to use Image recognition technique.
Due to client restrictions, I couldn't use AutoIt for this project.
Is there a way to use this DLL "ImageSearchDLL.dll" (which is used to do image recognition steps in AutoIt) in VB.Net to achieve the same result?
I have used this DLL few years before and got good results. If there is a latest version of this DLL and if you can share it, that will be helpful too.
Any guidance is deeply appreciated.
I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT compagny that's started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kinda drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation of Windows 10.
The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.
1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIT ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BAT / CMD / VBS) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIT to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsability to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current progression of the project (more might be added in future)
« Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
*** Very early Stage ***
Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Tested & Working - AutoIT only)
Install Adobe Reader DC, 7zip, Google Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
Change OEM Information (Tested & Working - contains both AutoIT version and CMD script)
Disable ScreenSaver (Require testing AutoIT only)
Change Computer Name (Require testing AutoIT only)
Change Default Browser (Work - using 3rd party tool)
Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (AutoIT only)
Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
Windows Updates (Currently working on it - AutoIT only)
Activate Office (Tested on 2010 & Working - CMD Script)
Pin to taskbar Excel, Outlook, Word, Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
GUI currently featuring the following options
- TreeView to check case of desired tasks
- Redirect ConsoleWrite with timestamp messages in richedit (errors shown in red text)
*** To Do ***
- Read informations needed for tasks like: OEM, ComputerName, NAS user/password etc... from a file
- ListView for Windows Updates
- Probably more
*** If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real ***
2020.09.21 Update: Since this topic reached over 200+ views without a single interest shown by community, pm me and i'll share with you W10 Configurator script
In the past I had problems adding an application as a default for an extension in Windows 10. (It was easy in windows 7 using Registry) But since Windows 8 It requires to do some steps more. I wrote a tool (in other programming language) months ago for handling it. But now I just want to share an AutoIt version.
Check on GitHub.
Dan - thanks for all that you do - this stuff is great.
Hoping you can assist with an issue we are having now that we have moved to Windows 10/Server 2016. The Chrome interactions were working flawlessly until moving over. Now my code fails when attempting to create the session. As you can see, our Chrome install is not in a standard location but I have validated the path to the binary. I have attached some detail below including system info, console output and the chrome log detail. I have tried several recommendations that have seen in various forums but none have made a difference
Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,