I am creating a script that changes important account information, including passwords and usernames, but I can't take the input from a user at runtime. I could get the script to work with the information included in variables, but that is a security risk we want to avoid. As far as I can tell, _Crypt_HashData or possible _Crypt_EncryptData are how I would go about this. I looked at the help file and I am struggling to understand the implementation. 

Do I need an external document with the info? That would present the same issue. Do I need to create the variable and then run the function in another script and then add it in? I am quite lost.

Could somone give me a basic step-by-step rundown? 

You would use EncryptData to do what you want. What you're going to need is a crypt key that is used to encrypt and decrypt the information.

#include <Crypt.au3>

_Crypt_Startup()
Global $sCryptKey = "EncryptThisData"
Global $sUsername = _Crypt_EncryptData("FakeUsername2016", $sCryptKey, $CALG_AES_256)
Global $sPassword = _Crypt_EncryptData("!FakePassword2016", $sCryptKey, $CALG_AES_256)

MsgBox("", "Encrypted Data", "Username: " & $sUsername & @CRLF & "Password: " & $sPassword)

$sUsername = BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData($sUsername, $sCryptKey, $CALG_AES_256))
$sPassword = BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData($sPassword, $sCryptKey, $CALG_AES_256))

MsgBox("", "Decrypt Data", "Username: " & $sUsername & @CRLF & "Password: " & $sPassword)

_Crypt_Shutdown()

You could still store the information in encrypted variables and decrypt them when you need to check it. Your information will still be stored in variables but they'll at least be somewhat protected.

Another alternative is use a database to store all of your information (all of your account information). There is a way to use sqlite to encrypt all of your information and just have the script (user) access the database when it needs it. Prompting the user for the password to access the encrypted database. Wrong password should return an error. What this would mean is to access the database the user needs to give the proper password which is not saved inside of your program. I haven't used it before, I've only seen a couple of topics.

• Moderators

@Tumulus if you search the forum you will find where this has been discussed ad nauseam. In short, you cannot completely protect you script from anyone determined enough (or even half-heatedly interested enough) to get it. If you need that level of security, AutoIt is not the way to go. See some of the threads below as examples:

That being said, if you are interested in the encrypting functions they all come with pretty decent examples in the help file. What have you tried on your own? What is not working for you?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

For password hashing:  secure is one-way encryption :sweating:

Currently I can not break it!
But it is not safe to check with AutoIt, it's too easy to be bypass!

Anyway, use MD5 or SHA1/512 to encryption for your password!

Regards,

Thanks guys. @InunoTaishou That is a nice little example there. the syntax makes a lot more sense, and from that I can grasp the implementation.

Also, I understand that AutoIT isn't the most secure, and we will look at some other solutions. Really though, the big goal is to not have the passwords show up in various i house admin tools that run using administrator credentials and the security risk isn't so great as to stop using them. Those threads were really interesting though, and made me aware of some risks that I did not understand. Good links.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By D3fr0s7
      I'm trying to make one tray item delete another, but when I do this, all tray items that were created after the deleted item don't work as intended, as if their controlID's were all shifted down one value, and their corresponding tray items now (after deletion) run the code of the tray item before it. Am I missing something? Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?
      #include <TrayConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> HotKeySet ( "{ESC}", "Abort" ) Opt ( "TrayMenuMode", 3 ) TraySetState($TRAY_ICONSTATE_SHOW) ; Show the tray menu. Global $aTray[8] ; Defines array to hold tray items. $aTray[0] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 1 (Name Test 5)" ) $aTray[1] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 2 (Delete Test 5)" ) $aTray[2] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 3 (Restore Test 5)" ) $aTray[3] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 4 (Check if Test 5 is blank or space)" ) $aTray[4] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 5 Delete Me" ) $aTray[5] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 6 (Check Test 5 Text)" ) $aTray[6] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 7 (Read Values)" ) $aTray[7] = TrayCreateItem ( "Test 8 (Count Blanks)" ) While 1 Switch TrayGetMsg() Case $aTray[0] ; "Test 1" Change Test 5 Text. If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[0] ) <> "" Then Global $TrayText = InputBox ( "Test", "Choose text for Test 5", "Test 5 Delete Me" ) TrayItemSetText ( $aTray[4], $TrayText) EndIf Case $aTray[1] ; "Test 2" Deletes "Test 5". If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[1] ) <> "" Then Global $TrayDeletedName = TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[4] ) TrayItemDelete ( $aTray[4] ) _ArrayInsert ( $aTray, 4 ) EndIf Case $aTray[2] ; "Test 3" Restores "Test 5". If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[2] ) <> "" Then $aTray[4] = TrayCreateItem ( $TrayDeletedName ) EndIf Case $aTray[3] ; "Test 4" Check if Test 5 value is blank, space, or filled. If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[3] ) <> "" Then If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[4] ) = "" Then MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "Test 5 is blank" ) ElseIf TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[4] ) = " " Then MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "Test 5 is not blank (space)" ) Else MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "Test 5 is assigned a value" ) EndIf EndIf Case $aTray[4] ; "Test 5" (Item to test for, during, and after deletion). If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[4] ) <> "" Then MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "I'm here!" ) EndIf Case $aTray[5] ; "Test 6" Displays Text from Test 5 item. If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[5] ) <> "" Then $Test5Text = TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[4] ) MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "Test 5 Text: " & $Test5Text ) EndIf Case $aTray[6] ; "Test 7" Displays all item values. If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[6] ) <> "" Then MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "$aTray[0]: " & $aTray[0] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[1]: " & $aTray[1] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[2]: " & $aTray[2] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[3]: " & $aTray[3] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[4]: " & $aTray[4] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[5]: " & $aTray[5] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[6]: " & $aTray[6] & @CRLF & _ "$aTray[7]: " & $aTray[7] & @CRLF ) EndIf Case $aTray[7] ; "Test 8" Counts all blanks in tray values. If TrayItemGetText ( $aTray[7] ) <> "" Then Global $blankCount = _ArrayFindAll ( $aTray, "" ) If $blankCount = -1 Then If @error = 6 Then MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "Error, No blanks present") EndIf Else MsgBox ( 0, "Test", "# of blanks: " & $blankCount ) EndIf EndIf EndSwitch WEnd Func Abort() Exit EndFunc Here is a test script I created to try to troubleshoot the problem on my own, with no luck. pay specific attention to "Test 2" ($aTray[1]), "Test 5" ($aTray[4]), and how every tray item after "Test 5" ($aTray[4]) behaves after deletion. Clicking "Test 2" will delete tray item "Test 5", after deletion every item runs the code of the tray item that was established before it (ex. "Test 3" and "Test 4" run their respective code, "Test 5" no longer exists, "Test 6" runs "Test 7", "Test 7" runs "Test 8"), and the last item ("Test 8" $aTray[7]) has no effect when the tray item is clicked. 

I understand that deleting the tray item changes the controlID, but I don't know in what way it does, and therefore how I can fix it to be able to achieve what I want it to. I appreciate any help or guidance with this problem.

To clarify, what I'm ultimately trying to do is create a 'while' loop with switch case functions that can exist without necessarily being linked to a tray item, so that I can add and delete them at liberty using the script's functions, without having to differentiate switch case functions with if functions (if $aTray[x] exists, then use this set of switch case functions, etc.). 

Please, I am in pain. Water come school me again pls
    • By PeterVerbeek
      This topic give you access to an AutoIt functions library I maintain which is called PAL, Peter's AutoIt Library. The latest version 1.26 contains 214 functions divided into these topics:
      window, desktop and monitor GUI, mouse and color GUI controls including graphical buttons (jpg, png) GUI numberbox controls for integer, real, binary and hexadecimal input logics and mathematics include constants string, xml string and file string dialogues and progress bars data lists: lists, stacks, shift registers and key maps (a.ka. dictionaries) miscellaneous: logging/debugging, process and system info Change log and files section  on the PAL website (SourceForge).
      A lot of these functions were created in the development of Peace, Peter's Equalizer APO Configuration Extension, which is a user interface for the system-wide audio driver called Equalizer APO.
    • By TheXman
      Encryption / Decryption / Hashing
      Purpose
      Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) is Microsoft's long-term replacement for their CryptoAPI.  Microsoft's CNG is designed to be extensible at many levels and cryptography agnostic in behavior.  Although the Crypt.au3 UDF lib that is installed with AutoIt3 still works perfectly, the advapi32.dll functions that it uses have been deprecated.  In addition the Crypt.au3 UDF lib, as it is currently written, has a very limited ability to decrypt AES data that was not encrypted using Crypt.au3.  That is because Crypt.au3 functions do not allow you to specify an actual key or initialization vector (IV).  It only lets you specify data to be used to derive a key and uses a static IV.  This UDF was created to offer a replacement for the deprecated functions used by Crypt.au3.  According to Microsoft, deprecated functions may be removed in future release.  It was also created to allow more flexibility in encryption/decryption and to expand the ability for users to implement cryptography in their scripts.
      Description
      This UDF implements some of Microsoft's Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) Win32 API functions.  It implements functions to encrypt/decrypt text and files, generate hashes, derive keys using Password-Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2), and has several cryptography-related helper functions.  The UDF can implement any encryption/decryption algorithms and hashing algorithms that are supported by the installed cryptography providers on the PC in which it is running.  Most, if not all, of the values that you would commonly use to specify that desired algorithms, key bit lengths, and other magic number type values, are already defined as constants or enums in the UDF file.
      To flatten the learning curve, there is an example file that shows examples of all of the major functionality.  This example file is not created to be an exhaustive set of how to implement each feature and parameter.  It is designed to give you a template or guide to help you hit the ground running in terms of using the functions.  I have tried to fully document the headers of all of the functions as well as the code within the functions themselves.    As of v1.4.0, there is also a Help file that includes all of the functions, with examples.
      Current UDF Functions
      Algorithm-Specific Symmetric Encryption/Decryption Functions _CryptoNG_AES_CBC_EncryptData _CryptoNG_AES_CBC_DecryptData
        _CryptoNG_AES_CBC_EncryptFile _CryptoNG_AES_CBC_DecryptFile
        _CryptoNG_AES_ECB_EncryptData _CryptoNG_AES_ECB_DecryptData
        _CryptoNG_AES_GCM_EncryptData _CryptoNG_AES_GCM_DecryptData
        _CryptoNG_3DES_CBC_EncryptData _CryptoNG_3DES_CBC_DecryptData
        _CryptoNG_3DES_CBC_EncryptFile _CryptoNG_3DES_CBC_DecryptFile
        Generic Symmetric Encryption/Decryption Functions _CryptoNG_EncryptData _CryptoNG_DecryptData
        _CryptoNG_EncryptFile _CryptoNG_DecryptFile
        Hashing Functions _CryptoNG_HashData _CryptoNG_HashFile
        _CryptoNG_PBKDF2
        Asymmetric (Public/Private Key) Encryption/Decryption Functions _CryptoNG_RSA_CreateKeyPair
        _CryptoNG_RSA_EncryptData _CryptoNG_RSA_DecryptData
        Misc / Helper Functions _CryptoNG_CryptBinaryToString _CryptoNG_CryptStringToBinary
        _CryptoNG_GenerateRandom
        _CryptoNG_EnumAlgorithms _CryptoNG_EnumRegisteredProviders _CryptoNG_EnumKeyStorageProviders
        _CryptoNG_LastErrorMessage
        _CryptoNG_Version  
      Related Links
      Cryptography API: Next Generation - Main Page
      Cryptography API: Next Generation - Reference
      Cryptography API: Next Generation - Primitives
      Cryptography API: Next Generation - Cryptographic Algorithm Providers
    • By Zaoka
      HI,
      for couple of years I'm using  Jos script for sending reports, email with excel attachment. But from last week i'm getting this error when sending excel or word attachment
      message has lines too long for transport jpeg, pdf works with no problems, any sugestion ?
    • By diepfeile
      I'm using the following:
      Autoit 3.3.14.5
      newly installed Beta 3.3.15.5
      SQlite version 3380000 aka 3.38.0
      I put sqlite3.dll and sqlite3_x64.dll in C:\Windows\System32 since many scripts depend on them.

I extended the output of _SQLite_Startup()
      with:
      ConsoleWrite("@AutoItX64 " & @AutoItX64 & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$sDll_Filename " & $sDll_Filename & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)

Also using the script from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_SQLite_Startup.htm for testing.

>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 0 $sDll_Filename sqlite3.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 1 $sDll_Filename sqlite3_x64.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=3.38.0 >Running:(3.3.15.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 0 $sDll_Filename sqlite3.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=0 >Running:(3.3.15.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 1 $sDll_Filename sqlite3_x64.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=3.38.0

Why doesn't it work in 32bit, despite me having the 32bit sqlite.dll? Autoit urges running scripts in 32bit mode and Scite starts scripts just in 32bit mode without the flag?
      With #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y it just works, both normal Autoit and beta!
      sqlite3.dll sqlite3_x64.dll