Identifying Button in Toolbar When There is no ControID

I want to click on a button that is inside a custom ToolBar on a nonAutoIT created form.  I've been using MouseClick but that fails if the toolbar is detached or if the form is resized.

There is no ID associated with the toolbar but there is a handle.  I'm thinking that to get the handle I need a ControlID but that only gets me to the toolbar and I'd then need to have a way to identify the position of a button in order to click on it.  

I'd found a discussion about identifying the position of a noname button by, I believe, it's Tip text back in December but I can't find it now.  Memory is a bit fuzzy on how I even got to the topic because at the time I was searching for something else.   I'll continue to search but if anyone has seen the topic, or knows of another solution could you please point me in that direction. 

Thank you.

Edited by OldGuyWalking

InunoTaishou - Thank you for the reply. 

The buttons are part of the toolbar and inherit the handle from the toolbar.   The toolbar I'm looking at has 15 buttons.  Using AU3Info and moving across each of the 15, they each show the same handle as the Toolbar.  None of the buttons, nor the Toolbar, show a Control ID in Au3Info.

So, I can a toolbars handle but I cannot identify a specific button to click inside the toolbar because they all show the same information, with one exception, and that's the Visible Text. 

In this application, nothing shows (as in it's totally blank) in AU3Info under the Toolbar or the Statusbar tabs when selecting any toolbar or statusbar.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

I'd be so interested to see a solution to this other than mouse coord clicking into nowhere. I'm trying to automate Office 2016 PowerPoint, so this is no exotic special case but very common business.

Is there any way to solve this, today?

Looks nice. Thank you very much.

But what I'm looking for seems not to be covered by this library. I have to click one single button in an add-in toolbar. Unfortunately, there's no API for this add-in, so there's - as to my knowledge - no other way but clicking this freakin' button.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By marcoauto
      ciao
      I have a Delphi compiled program that I use for work and I can read some logs with this function:
      Func __ReadExternalListBox() Local $hListBox, $iItemCount $hListBox = ControlGetHandle("Software Setup", "", "[CLASS:TListBox; INSTANCE:1]") ConsoleWrite("$hListBox = " & $hListBox & @CRLF) $iItemCount = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hListBox) For $i = $iStart To $iItemCount - 1 ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hListBox,$i) & @CRLF) Next EndFunc ;==>__ReadExternalListBox I can find pid and full path of the process.
      The problem is when I must open another process: I can't read the new ListBox because the title of the window to read is the same and the function 
      $hListBox = ControlGetHandle("Software Setup", "", "[CLASS:TListBox; INSTANCE:1]") return me only one handle.
      With Autoinfo I can read handle: is, for this instance, 0x0001099C and is $hListBox

But I need to automize some function and I can't always change in runtime this values.
      Ideas? Is there e method to read this title windows associated to a determined pid?
      PS:
      I don't need the handle from the pid windows application, but from its control
      if I use
      _WinAPI_EnumProcessWindows() the function return me window handle, not Control handle
      I
      In this case Windows Handle is 0x001007DA but I need Control Handle that is 0x0001099C
      Thankyou
      Marco
    • By ashraful089
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\Engr. Ashraful\Videos\koda_1.7.3.0\Forms\ProgramPlayer\FormProgamToOpen.kxf
      $FormInput = GUICreate("Input", 302, 205, 454, 285)
      $Resolution = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Resolution", 80, 24, 145, 25)
      GUICtrlSetData(-1, "1920|VM1920|1366")
      $ComboProgramType = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Program Type Selection", 80, 64, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
      GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Multimedia|Official|Design|Web")
      $ButtonEnter = GUICtrlCreateButton("Enter", 104, 104, 75, 25)
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
      #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
      While 1
          $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
          Switch $nMsg
              Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  Exit
          EndSwitch
      WEnd

please help me to read combo box input and use the value for another function/ work

• By Aapjuh
      Hi,
      I am having a problem properly saving the Width of a resizable Gui.
      When a user resizes the Gui it gets saved in an ini when the Gui closes to then restore the new Width upon reopening the app.
      with GUICreate("myGui",300,200,Default,Default,$WS_SIZEBOX)
      WinGetPos($hGUI) returns 314, and WinGetClientSize($hGUI) returns 298
      when its then saved in the ini the gui keeps expanding or shrinking every time its opened by +14 or -2
      I figure it has to do with borders etc, but i also guess borders depend on the window theme and whatnot or is user specific, so i can't just do $GuiWidth = $GetGuiWidth[arr] -14 or +2 right?

is there a proper way of doing this?
      Thanks in advance,
      Aapjuh
    • By It_is_me_Me
      I have provided a portion of my script (seen below) and I wanted to use what the USER will input into my IP address box and input box for TCP port. I set the IP address to use 0.0.0.0 as default and the Port to 502. But I want to let the user change it and when they click the buttons (IP Address and Port), the tooltip will show what the USER entered. How can I use the details that the User will input into my input box and IP address box and let them see what they entered when they click the buttons?

Here are the scripts:
      ;-------------------------------------------------------------
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <GuiIPAddress.au3>
      #include <StaticConstants.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <GuiEdit.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Date.au3>
      #include <TabConstants.au3>
      #include <GuiTab.au3>

Global $Form1 = GUICreate("Security Automation", 490, 339, -1, -1)
      ;MAIN Tab
      Global $TAB = GUICtrlCreateTab(0, 0, 489, 337)
      Global $tab_main = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Main")
      $label_Title = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ETP-073 Security", 12, 33, 103, 17)
      GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
      ;-----------------TCP User input information-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      $groupBox_TCP = GUICtrlCreateGroup("TCP", 12, 49, 289, 57, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GROUP,$BS_FLAT))
      ;TCP IP address
      Global $IPAddress1 = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($Form1, 20, 81, 170, 21)
      $Label_ipAddress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Host IP Address", 20, 65, 80, 17)
      $userInputIP = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Set($IPAddress1, "0.0.0.0")
      ;TCP Port
      $label_tcpPort = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Port", 196, 65, 23, 17)
      Global $input_tcpPort = GUICtrlCreateInput("502", 196, 81, 57, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
      $userPort = GUICtrlRead($input_tcpPort)
      ;TCP Address
      $label_tcpAddress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Addr.", 260, 65, 29, 17)
      Global $input_tcpDevAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 260, 81, 33, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
      ;Buttons
      Global $btn_userIP = GUICtrlCreateButton("User IP", 308, 297, 81, 25)
      Global $btn_Port = GUICtrlCreateButton("Port", 404, 297, 75, 25)
      ;Showing the GUI
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
      While 1
         $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
         Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
               Exit
            Case $btn_userIP
               ToolTip($userInputIP)
            Case $btn_Port
               ToolTip($userPort)
         EndSwitch
      WEnd
      ;--------------end of script ------------------

Note: There will be a "!->Includefile <WMDebug.au3> not found." Pay no attention to it.