Can you make?

Hi,

I'm researching what is possible to create with autoit. There is one point l'd really like to clatify.

Is it possible to create standalone bots which automate tasks with autoit which could be sold? Is it realistic to do so and what is the learning curve for a non-programmer?

I am grateful for your advice.

John. 

Yes to the first question
Yes to the second one provided you are prepared to put the effort in to learn how to program. AutoIt is one of the easier languages to learn to program with, but if your intention is to produce applications that are of a high enough quality that people will be prepared to pay for them, you will have to spend many weeks learning how to program. 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Forgive me - I have to ask - would you be so kind in defining  the word "bot" - specifically - if you desire to use it for gaming or not. If yes - seeing you are new - our forum rules are very specific on this sort of thing. Game automation is not to be discussed. The moderators here really get their knickers in a twist when people do that sort of thing. 

If it isn't for gaming - I'm happy to help you learn AutoIt. 

Another tiny detail : if you plan to make an application for the purpose of sale, be prepared to spend a lot of time in trying (unsuccessfully of course in the end) to protect it against copy / unauthorized diffusion - certainly much more time than to create the software itself  :)