serach memory via process description !!

hey all

i need help with search via process description ,, is there any way to search for some process in memory by using it's description

example : the description for google chrome is (Google Inc.)

i want loop inside process and if my script find this description then do another think

i used this for loop inside memory and get all process names :

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

$qa = "FileDescription"
$a = ProcessList()

$list = FileGetVersion($qa) & $a[0][0]

For $i = 1 To $a[0][0]
    $list &= 'Process: ' & $a[$i][0] & ' (' & $a[$i][1] & ')' & @CRLF
Next

MsgBox(0, '', $list)

but i need to get process description not names

i hope u got the idea

have a nice day all

Edited by hani-dev

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!
Maybe the WinAPI or WinAPIEx UDF provide a function?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@hani-dev,

your use of FileGetVersion() is completely wrong. i'll let you figure this one out for yourself, with the help of the help file.

however, as you may have noticed, the property you are looking for is called "FileDescription", not "ProcessDescription". i.e. it is a property of the file, not of the process. you need to determine the full path to the process executable, than apply FileGetVersion (correctly!) on that.

B.T.W. water is correct. since it's obviously one of your first steps into scripting, let's take it easy - search the help file for _WinAPI_GetProcessFileName.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

21 minutes ago, orbs said:

@hani-dev,

your use of FileGetVersion() is completely wrong. i'll let you figure this one out for yourself, with the help of the help file.

however, as you may have noticed, the property you are looking for is called "FileDescription", not "ProcessDescription". i.e. it is a property of the file, not of the process. you need to determine the full path to the process executable, than apply FileGetVersion (correctly!) on that.

B.T.W. water is correct. since it's obviously one of your first steps into scripting, let's take it easy - search the help file for _WinAPI_GetProcessFileName.

thanx man for ur replay >>>

i can do it for specific process by using this script :

$f = "FileDescription"
$p = "C:\Users\qan\Desktop\chrome.exe"

$dev = FileGetVersion($p , $f )
msgbox(0, "" , $dev)

my problem is : i want to write a script for searching in all processes by using loop using FileDescription,, why !! because if some one change the process name the script will not work thats my point 

Edited by hani-dev

9 minutes ago, hani-dev said:

... some one change the process name the script will not work ...

how and why would someone change the process name, and why will your script not work if they do?

11 minutes ago, hani-dev said:

my problem is : i want to write a script for searching in all processes by using loop using FileDescription ...

that much we understand, and now you have all the leads you need to do so. let's spell it out: you know how to get the process ID; use _WinAPI_GetProcessFileName() on that to... well... get the process file name; then use FileGetVersion() on the file name.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

5 hours ago, orbs said:

how and why would someone change the process name, and why will your script not work if they do?

that much we understand, and now you have all the leads you need to do so. let's spell it out: you know how to get the process ID; use _WinAPI_GetProcessFileName() on that to... well... get the process file name; then use FileGetVersion() on the file name.

if some one change the name for the program it's also changed in the prcoess so my scripts will not work ...
why some one change the name !! i dont know but i want my script work without error

look at this pic's : i do a smiple test on putty tool using this code

$f = "FileDescription"
$p = "C:\Users\qan\Desktop\putty.exe"

msgbox(0, "" , $dev)

http://s32.postimg.org/98qoil6np/aut1.png

at this case the secript will work fine ,,,,

but if i change the program name it will not work ...

http://s32.postimg.org/mz0u23to5/aut2.png

:D

that's why i need need my code loop inside process and search by using process description ....

i mean if SSH, Telnet and Relogin client  Simon taham Regardless of the name of the process then msgbox(0, "", "the process is there")

i hope u get my point and my sorry for my bad english

• Developers

I am seriously lost why this would be needed at all!
So try again to explain why this is so important and logica to check and please don't hyperbole but simply explain a real life scenario this would be needed?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

27 minutes ago, Jos said:

I am seriously lost why this would be needed at all!
So try again to explain why this is so important and logica to check and please don't hyperbole but simply explain a real life scenario this would be needed?

Jos

it's just an idea for making something more prof.

we used to get the file description by using simple code

$f = "FileDescription"
$p = "C:\Users\qan\Desktop\putty.exe"

msgbox(0, "" , $dev)

today i just decided to use file description to get the process name belong to this description ...

u got it ?

• Developers
Just now, hani-dev said:

u got it ?

No, You are not giving any explanation as making it professional doesn't mean anything in this context.
So explain why would this ever be needed?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On ٨‏/٨‏/١٤٣٧ هـ at 7:41 PM, Jos said:

No, You are not giving any explanation as making it professional doesn't mean anything in this context.
So explain why would this ever be needed?

Jos

sorry for late replay ...

im trying to develop script that kil process based on provided Description by me ....

example ()

SSH, Telnet and Relogin client  Simon taham  <===== putty.exe file description

Windows Calculator <== calc.exe file description

im working in Information Security Company and all others gays here are pro ,,, they can the name and the class names for programs so if i coded script based on (ProcessExists) at my case it wouldn't work !! why !!! becuse the users already change the name for the process and they also change the class name (window title)

thats my story man

Conclusion :

i want coded something loop in process list and searching for process Description if that Description found then kill the process that's all

so can u help me im still trying for days without success

Edited by hani-dev

• Developers

So what are you trying to do when you find a renamed program/process and determine by finding the description it is a known program?
In other words: What is the real goal here?

18 minutes ago, hani-dev said:

im working in Information Security Company and all others gays here are pro ,,, they can the name and the class names for programs

What is stopping them from changing the PE header and altering the Description in the Version block?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

So what are you trying to do when you find a renamed program/process and determine by finding the description it is a known program?
In other words: What is the real goal here?

What is stopping them from changing the PE header and altering the Description in the Version block?

Jos

i dont know why u refused to help or u dont have answer i dont know really !!!

i told u i want to close program in process by it's own Description every one of us have diffrat goals and this is my goal so that's why im here and requst for help

Edited by hani-dev

1 hour ago, hani-dev said:

im working in Information Security Company and all others gays here are pro ,,, they can the name and the class names for programs so if i coded script based on (ProcessExists) at my case it wouldn't work !!

i think best suggestion is: ask the pro's of your Information Security Company.

• Developers
10 hours ago, hani-dev said:

i dont know why u refused to help or u dont have answer i dont know really !!!

Probably because I am telling you there is always a way around your logic so it simply doesn't make sense.

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Probably because I am telling you there is always a way around your logic so it simply doesn't make sense.

Jos 

i do it with powershell and autoit but i need it in pure autoit :(