GUIListViewEx - New Version 26 Feb 24

Melba23

• Moderators

jazzyjeff,

I think I have it sorted - this beta version works with the code you posted:

Can you please check it out and confirm that it works for you too.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

jazzyjeff,

Great - I will release a new version soon. Thanks for finding that obscure bug in the UDF - not some thing I had ever thought of testing!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 20 Sep 17

Changed:

• An obscure AutoIt "feature" that I discovered some years ago meant that if you had deleted a GUI created by your script and had 2 or more GUIs still present AutoIt would reset the "current" GUI for control creation to a null handle, because it cannot know which GUI the user wishes to use. This meant that when this UDF tried to create the temporary controls used for editing AutoIt no longer knew in which GUI to do so and so nothing happened. The UDF now forces the GUI holding the active ListView to be the "current" GUI for control creation. Thanks to jazzyjeff for reporting the problem.
  • A couple of minor changes to prevent edge case failures.

New zip containing UDF, examples and guide in the first post.

M23

Spoiler

On 15.9.2017 at 2:59 PM, Melba23 said:

HurleyShanabarger,

You need to set the ListView to use user header colours (add 16 to $iAdded when initialising) and set the required combo data in the $aHdrData array. Open example 6 and make the following changes:

Line #49

$iLVIndex_1 = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV_1, $aLVArray_1, 0, 0, True, 1 + 8 + 32 + 16) ; 16 added

Lines #63-73

; Set header data
Global $aHdrData[][] = [["Tom",               "Dick",              "Harry",           "Fred"], _                ; As colour is enabled, these will replace original titles
                         ["0xFF8080;0x8888FF", "0xFEFEFE;0x000000", "",                "0xFFFF00;0x00FF80"], _  ; Col 2 will use default colours
                         ["",                  "",                  @TAB & "H1|H2|H3", ""], _                   ; Col 2 readonly combo; Col 1 & 3 text
                         [0,                   0,                   100,               0]]                      ; Col 2 not resizeable - fixed 100 pixel width

;Global $aHdrData[][] = [[Default, "", "",  ""], _
;                       ["", Default, "",  ""], _
;                       ["", "", "",  Default], _
;                       [0,  0,  Default, 0]]
_GUIListViewEx_LoadHdrData($iLVIndex_1, $aHdrData)

; basically replacing the simple header with something a little more complex

Let me know if you still have problems.

M23

Hi Melba,

the "combo in a header" function you mentioned let me to think that there whould be actually a combobox in the header with a dropdown option, but I guess that is not what you meant, right?

/Edit: have you come across a way to always show a vertical/horizontal scrollbar in a listview, even though there is nothing to scroll?

Edited by HurleyShanabarger

• Moderators

HurleyShanabarger,

there whould be actually a combobox in the header with a dropdown option, but I guess that is not what you meant

That is exactly what I meant - you get a dropdown combo in the header. Run this and Ctrl-Click on "Harry":

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include "GUIListViewEx.au3"

Global  $iYellow = "0xFFFF00", _
        $iLtBlue = "0xCCCCFF", _
        $iGreen = "0x00FF00", _
        $iBlack = "0x000000", _
        $iRed = "0xFF0000", _
        $iBlue = "0x0000FF", _
        $iWhite = "0xFFFFFF"

Global $sRet

$hGUI = GUICreate("Combo Header ListView Example", 1000, 510)

; Create ListView
$cLV_1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Zero Column|One Column|Two Column|Three Column", 10, 30, 480, 260, BitOR($LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS))

_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($cLV_1, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP))
For $i = 0 To 3
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cLV_1, $i, 100)
Next

; Create array and fill listview
Global $aLVArray_1[6][4]
For $i = 0 To 5
    $sData = "Item " & $i & "-0"
    $aLVArray_1[$i][0] = $sData
    For $j = 1 To 3
        $sData &= "|SubItem " & $i & "-" & $j
        $aLVArray_1[$i][$j] = "SubItem " & $i & "-" & $j
    Next
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($sData, $cLV_1)
Next

; Initiate ListView = sort on column click - editable headers - header colours - user colours
$iLVIndex_1 = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cLV_1, $aLVArray_1, 0, 0, True, 1 + 8 + 16 + 32)

; Set column edit status
_GUIListViewEx_SetEditStatus($iLVIndex_1, "*")                   ; Default = standard text edit

; Set header data
Global $aHdrData[][] = [["Tom", "Dick", "Harry",           "Fred"], _   ; As colour is enabled, these will replace original titles
                         ["",   "",     "",                ""], _       ; Default colours
                         ["",   "",     @TAB & "H1|H2|H3", ""], _       ; Col 2 readonly combo; Col 0, 1 & 3 text
                         [0,    0,      0,                 0]]          ; All cols resizeable

_GUIListViewEx_LoadHdrData($iLVIndex_1, $aHdrData)

$cExit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 880, 470, 110, 30)

; If colours used then this function must be run BEFORE GUISetState
_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister()

GUISetState()

While 1

$iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $cExit
            Exit

EndSwitch

_GUIListViewEx_EventMonitor()

WEnd

You should see a read-only combo appear with the 3 options which can be selected and then appear as the new header title.

M23

Spoiler

(4021) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$aItemData[$i] = $aGLVEx_SrcArray[$iGLVEx_DraggedIndex + 1][$i]
$aItemData[$i] = ^ ERROR

i get this error when using drag&drop in my own code. Seems to work fine in your examples tho, is it a buggy or am i missing out something? both srcArray and Draggedindex have no values in them. 

The only UDF-Functions i used are 

$hLVL = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hList)
    _GUIListViewEx_SetEditStatus($hLVL, "*")

Edited by c0w

• Moderators

c0w,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

Seems to work fine in your examples

So it is likely to be your code that is causing the problem. Please post it so I can take a look - see here how to do it.

M23

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

Please post it so I can take a look - see here how to do it.

Func InitListviewEx($hList)
    $hLVL = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hList)
    _GUIListViewEx_SetEditStatus($hLVL, "*")
EndFunc   ;==>InitListviewEx

Hey, thanks for the ultra fast response :)

i wrote the function above and simply called it after gui creation.

The listbox is created by 

$List1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("X|Y|Shift|Ctrl|Right|Alt|Sleep", 238, 64, 330, 180)

And filled by this function:

Func _addCoord()

$shiftState = GUICtrlRead($chkHoldShift)
    If $shiftState = 4 Then $shiftState = 0

$CTRLState = GUICtrlRead($chkHoldCTRL)
    If $CTRLState = 4 Then $CTRLState = 0

$RclickState = GUICtrlRead($chkRightClick)
    If $RclickState = 4 Then $RclickState = 0

$altState = GUICtrlRead($chkHoldalt)
    If $altState = 4 Then $altState = 0

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($List1, MouseGetPos(0))
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1) - 1, MouseGetPos(1), 1)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1) - 1, $shiftState, 2)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1) - 1, $CTRLState, 3)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1) - 1, $RclickState, 4)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1) - 1, $altState, 5)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($List1, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($List1) - 1, GUICtrlRead($inp_WaitAfterClick), 6)
EndFunc   ;==>_addCoord

actually i got 3 listboxes and can be filled in different ways. but it doesnt matter, in most of my tries it crashes. But im having a hard time to read through your code to find where the parameters come from and why they would be empty

• Moderators

c0w,

Please post some runnable code - just posting a few snippets is not going to help me much. I do not need all of the 7000+ lines you no doubt have, just enough to show the problem - which I suspect is because you have not used the _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister function so that the UDF can do its magic. If I write my own code it will not have errors (I hope) - so you coding a basic GUI and ListView which does not drag/drop will suffice.

M23

Spoiler

Urgh, its hard to pick stuff out of my code to make it small but runnable tbh. i added the  _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister () right before the guisetstate command.

am i right with adding  _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister () and then $hLVL = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hList) should enable the drag and drop? so i can maybe debug that myself

thanks for the help man

• Moderators

c0w,

It may work, it may not - unless you let me have a runnable script so that I can debug, I really cannot say.

I do notice that in the snippets you posted above you are not using the UDF functions to fill your ListView. Once you have initialised your empty ListView (which you last post suggests is what you are doing) than if you do not use the UDF functions (_GUIListViewEx_Insert or _GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec) to add items then the UDF does not recognise them - which once again could give you the problem you are seeing.

Can you see why I need some runnable code so that I can help you? This is a complex UDF and you need to use it correctly to get it all working.

M23

Spoiler

Okay i tested it and got no change in behavior at all. I changed the code, that inserts data into the listview to 

$vData = MouseGetPos(0)&"|"&MouseGetPos(1)&"|"&$shiftState&"|"&$CTRLState&"|"&$RclickState&"|"&$altState&"|"&GUICtrlRead($inp_WaitAfterClick)
_GUIListViewEx_Insert($vData)

This works just fine, but on drag and drop its still crashes. I found a new info tho, when trying to drag the first item of the list somewhere else i get 

"I:\Autoit Workdir\1337ClickzBitBucket\GuiListViewEx.au3" (5216) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$avArray[$iIndex] = $vInsert

If you want to take a deeper look at this at could send you the file per pm, but i dont wanna post it public.

• Moderators

c0w,

By all means PM me the script.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

[BUGFIX VERSION] - 25 Sep 17

Fixed:

A small bug which only appeared if you were continually emptying a ListView with _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems, which means you need to use _GUIListViewEx_Close and then _GUIListViewEx_Init to reset the UDF. The closed handle was not being deleted correctly which meant that any actions on the reinitialised ListView were likely to fail as the UDF looked at the old data. Apologies.

New UDF in the first post.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Hi,

A quick word about the problem with c0w's script from a few posts above. As I suspected, he was not using the UDF to add/delete/etc items to the ListViews and so the UDF became confused. The UDF is very much an "all or nothing" affair - once you start using it, you must use it for everything associated with that ListView!

However, the debugging did throw up the issue I have just fixed, so thanks to c0w for that!

M23

Spoiler

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, Melba23 said:

Here is the UDF, with 6 examples and the guide, in zip format: GUIListViewEx.au3

Post #1 appears to have a link to the updated UDF.  Where might I find the referenced zip file that contains the examples and guide?  :)

Edited by Melba23
Removed dead link

• Moderators

TheXman,

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong file - try again now.

M23

Spoiler

• Melba23 changed the title to GUIListViewEx - New Version 26 Feb 24