GUIListViewEx - New Version 26 Feb 24

Melba23

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 27 Mar 21

Added

- A new function _GUIListViewEx_SelectItem which allows you to select a row programatically - and also select the column if single cell selection is available.

- The ability to select a background colour for the input that appears when editing an item. This colour is set in the array passed to _GUIListViewEx_SetDefColours which now must have 5 elements. This is a script-breaking change if you use this function - although all you have to do if you do not want to have a custom colour is add a final "Default" element to the array, which is not too taxing!

New zip file in the first post.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Bruceway,

As Example 6 in the download zip shows, you can get a right click context menu quite easily. The menu is created between lines #75-91 and the menu item event activation is at lines  #278-280. The _SetColour function at line #312 shows how to determine which item was right-clicked (using  _GUIListViewEx_ContextPos)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Correct line numbers!

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

novel,

From the function header:

; #FUNCTION# =========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GUIListViewEx_Init
;                  $iAdded    - 0       - No added features (default).  To get added features add any of the following values
;                               + 64    - No external drag
;                               + 128   - No external drop
;                               + 256   - No delete on external drag/drop
;                               + 512   - No internal or external drag/drop

Are those not sufficient?

M23

Spoiler

In my situation, i have 2 listviews, 1 in the right and 1 in the left,

I want to be able to transfer items from the list1 to list 2

List 2 can be arranged as the user wishes but i don't want them to change the arrangement of the list 1.

None of the options provided helps me with it, i couldnt figure out a way other than

when the internal drag/drop happens i will force refresh the list with _GUIListViewEx_EventMonitor function of the UDF

but i dont want to let the user be able to change it in the first place.

• Moderators

novel,

I see - allow external but not internal drag/drop. I will take a look at the code and see if I can come up with something - but I am looking after my grandchildren at the moment, so I do not have a lot of time. Please be patient.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

novel,

Finally found a few spare moments - grandchildren just eat up your days!

Please try this code and see if it meets your requirement: GUIListViewEx_Mod.au3

I have changed the functionality of $iAdded + 512 to limit it to preventing internal drag/drop only - external drag/drop is still permitted. If you want no drag/drop at all you need to use $iAdded + 64 + 128 + 512. Script breaking I know, but it seemed the logical way to proceed.

M23

Spoiler

Thank you for the modification,

Right now i tried to put it to my script but strangely i couldn't use drag/drop between my lists even with original UDF,

I need to figure out what's going on first, i'm tired from the work, i dont have much focus power left.

I will try to give feedback when i figure it out. Thank you!!!!

• Moderators

novel,

See if this example works for you: GLVEx_D-D_Example.au3

M23

Spoiler

Sorry for bother, I've 2 question

1. How can I make the dash line not show after Listview be selected

another script to use the ListviewEx the dash line not show, but I check the code, both of 2 script without different for listview GUI created

I still can't understand why ...

image.png.c929b44193176c05793ac46906bd2da6.png

2. Listview index will duplicate on multiple windows (include child window)

Step 1 (Opne 2nd Windows can see the selection is User color, and keep visible) > Step 2  (2nd Listview ini will invalid)

Step 1 (Opne 2nd Windows right click and Edit will work) > Step 2  (2nd Windows right click and Edit will error or Edit window 1 Listview)

I check the error, the 1st and 2nd Windows Index (duplication) distributed the same Index to 2 Listview, and cause to error 

I need to create multile child GUI windows and add Listview for different purpose

; ===========================================================================================================================================

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiDateTimePicker.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GUIListViewEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>

; ===========================================================================================================================================

Global $Tool_Temp

Global $List_Default_Color[5] = ["", "", "0xFFFFFF", "0xFFA247", "0xFF00FF"]

$Main_UI = GUICreate("Window 1", 550, 300, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)

GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF, $Main_UI)

Global $Window1_List, $Window1_Array, $Window1_Index

$Windows1_Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Step 1", 430, 110, 100, 30)
$Windows1_Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Step 2", 430, 50, 100, 30)
$Window1_List = GUICtrlCreateListView("AAAA|BBBB|CCCC|DDDD", 0, 20, 400, 200, $LVS_REPORT + $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT + $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)

Global $Window2_List,$Window2_Array, $Window2_Index

$Window2_UI = GUICreate("2nd Windows", 400, 200, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX, -1, $Main_UI)

$Window2_List = GUICtrlCreateListView("Item 1|Item 2|Item 3|Item 4|Item 5", 0, 0, 400, 200, $LVS_REPORT + $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT + $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)

$Window2_Menu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($Window2_List)
$Window2_Edit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Edit", $Window2_Menu)

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister()

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Main_UI)

While 1

; ========================================================================================================================================

$UIGet = GUIGetMsg(1)

Switch $UIGet[1]

; ==================================================================================================================================

Case $Main_UI

Switch $UIGet[0]

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  ExitLoop

Case $Windows1_Button_2
                  Windows1_Script()

Case $Windows1_Button_1
                  Windows2_Script()
                  GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Window2_UI)

EndSwitch

; ==================================================================================================================================

Case $Window2_UI

Switch $UIGet[0]

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Window2_UI)

Case $Window2_Edit
                  $Tool_Temp = StringSplit(_GUIListViewEx_GetLastSelItem($Window2_Index), "|")
                  _GUIListViewEx_EditItem($Tool_Temp[1], $Tool_Temp[2], $Tool_Temp[3])

EndSwitch

EndSwitch

; ========================================================================================================================================

Sleep(25)

WEnd

Exit

Func Windows1_Script()

Local $First_Array[2][5] = [[1, 2, 3, 4, 5],[6, 7, 8, 9, 10]]

_GUIListViewEx_Close($Window1_Index)

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($Window1_List)

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($Window1_List, $First_Array)

$Window2_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($Window1_List, $First_Array, 0, Default, False, 1 + 32 + 512)

_GUIListViewEx_SetDefColours($Window1_Index, $List_Default_Color)

EndFunc

Func Windows2_Script()

Local $lsms_Array[2][5] = [[1, 2, 3, 4, 5],[6, 7, 8, 9, 10]]

_GUIListViewEx_Close($Window2_Index)

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($Window2_List)

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($Window2_List, $lsms_Array)

$Window2_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($Window2_List, $lsms_Array, 0, Default, False, 1 + 2 + 32 + 512 + 1024)

_GUIListViewEx_SetDefColours($Window2_Index, $List_Default_Color)

EndFunc

Edited by jimmy123j

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

I have no idea why the dotted lines appear in some cases and not others - I am still looking and if I find anything to solve the problem I will post it here.

Still trying to understand the second question.

M23

Spoiler

Hi jimmy123j,
I had the same issue with the dotted rectangle when the item is focused. @LarsJ provided a solution that worked fine for me and it seems to solve your problem too.

1) Running your original script, the focused item is surrounded with the dotted rectangle :

1042877274_1-originalscript.png.8eb0f490d0bea53df052fe698a125481.png

2) With the additional line of code (placed immediately after the listview creation), the dotted rectangle has gone :

$Window2_List = GUICtrlCreateListView("Item 1|Item 2|Item 3|Item 4|Item 5", 0, 0, 400, 200, $LVS_REPORT + $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT + $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)

_GUICtrlListView_SetCallBackMask($Window2_List, 4) ; "disable state information about focused item" (LarsJ) . Can be useful (keep that line)

1251066045_2-_SetCallBackMask.png.a51619e06a4cf9e5f75411d2aa33dd76.png

Edited by pixelsearch

• Moderators

pixelsearch,

Nice! And kudos to LarsJ.

M23

Spoiler

Hi pixelsearchl, that's amazing, thanks for help !!!

image.png.8283b3d7005f9e3a256888a3f5165e17.png

Hi Melba23, maybe my explain was not clear, I sorry

I created 2 GUI, and both of 2 windows with _GUIListViewEx_Init listview control (2 index)  

but both of 2 listview had same index, and cause to listview function work abnormal or an error

you can click step 1 button create window 2 listview, and then click step 2 create window 1 listview to try

obviously the window 2 defaut color will change after window 1 listview created (step 2)

operation gif image

Edited by jimmy123j
Edit Text

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

In your Windows1_Script function you are using $Window2_Index to store the returned ListView index. This is the same variable as you use on your Windows2_Script function when initialisong the second ListView - so your script only ever sees one index value. When I change the variable to $Window1_Index the script seems to work correctly.

M23

Spoiler

Hi Melba23, sorry my bad, this's the simulation script

actually my script use the different variable to store the Window's 1/2 Index

(I can't share original script, cause my company PIP rule, even the script I made, sorry)

I double confirmed that variable store the Listview index, both of 2 windows are different 

and I edit the script to right variable $Window1_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($Window1_List, $First_Array, 0, Default, False, 1 + 32 + 512) still got error

12 hours ago, Melba23 said:

jimmy123j,

In your Windows1_Script function you are using $Window2_Index to store the returned ListView index. This is the same variable as you use on your Windows2_Script function when initialisong the second ListView - so your script only ever sees one index value. When I change the variable to $Window1_Index the script seems to work correctly.

M23

Edited by jimmy123j

• Melba23 changed the title to GUIListViewEx - New Version 26 Feb 24