GUIListViewEx - BugFix Version 6 Apr 24

Melba23

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

I can't share original script

With a UDF as complex as this one it is pretty much impossible to debug without sight of the actual script. So I do not think I can offer any more help as I have no clues on which to base any debugging - sorry.

But I would suggest double-checking the naming of any variables associated with the various ListViews to see if there is a similar misspelling to the one in your example script.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba23, thanks for reply

(the sample script has same flow logic with original script, I just remove the not important code)

I already changed the Listview Index to right part of the example script, and still got fail as I replied

I try the new ver. and fixed script variable, still fail

And I add the button return the Listview Index 1/2, maybe can help you check the issue (as gif pic.)

thanks reply my issue and debug, ListviewEx script is very useful for me, thanks again !! 

Fixed Script Gif Pic. (still fail)

New Script

; ===========================================================================================================================================

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiDateTimePicker.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GUIListViewEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>

; ===========================================================================================================================================

Global $Tool_Temp

Global $List_Default_Color[5] = ["", "", "0xFFFFFF", "0xFFA247", "0xFF00FF"]

$Main_UI = GUICreate("Window 1", 550, 300, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)

GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF, $Main_UI)

Global $Window1_List, $Window1_Array, $Window1_Index

$Windows1_Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Step 1", 430, 110, 100, 30)
$Windows1_Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Step 2", 430, 50, 100, 30)
$Windows_Chek = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Index", 430, 180, 100, 30)

$Window1_List = GUICtrlCreateListView("AAAA|BBBB|CCCC|DDDD", 0, 20, 400, 200, $LVS_REPORT + $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT + $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)

_GUICtrlListView_SetCallBackMask($Window1_List, 4)

Global $Window2_List,$Window2_Array, $Window2_Index

$Window2_UI = GUICreate("2nd Windows", 400, 200, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX, -1, $Main_UI)

$Window2_List = GUICtrlCreateListView("Item 1|Item 2|Item 3|Item 4|Item 5", 0, 0, 400, 200, $LVS_REPORT + $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT + $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)

$Window2_Menu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($Window2_List)
$Window2_Edit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Edit", $Window2_Menu)

_GUICtrlListView_SetCallBackMask($Window2_List, 4)

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister()

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Main_UI)

While 1

; ========================================================================================================================================

$UIGet = GUIGetMsg(1)

Switch $UIGet[1]

; ==================================================================================================================================

Case $Main_UI

Switch $UIGet[0]

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  ExitLoop

Case $Windows1_Button_2
                  Windows1_Script()

Case $Windows1_Button_1
                  Windows2_Script()
                  GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Window2_UI)

Case $Windows_Chek
                  MsgBox(0, "", "Listview 1 Index : " & $Window1_Index & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Listview 2 Index : " & $Window2_Index)

EndSwitch

; ==================================================================================================================================

Case $Window2_UI

Switch $UIGet[0]

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                  GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $Window2_UI)

Case $Window2_Edit
                  $Tool_Temp = StringSplit(_GUIListViewEx_GetLastSelItem($Window2_Index), "|")
                  _GUIListViewEx_EditItem($Tool_Temp[1], $Tool_Temp[2], $Tool_Temp[3])

EndSwitch

EndSwitch

; ========================================================================================================================================

Sleep(25)

WEnd

Exit

Func Windows1_Script()

Local $First_Array[2][5] = [[1, 2, 3, 4, 5],[6, 7, 8, 9, 10]]

_GUIListViewEx_Close($Window1_Index)

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($Window1_List)

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($Window1_List, $First_Array)

$Window1_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($Window1_List, $First_Array, 0, Default, False, 1 + 32 + 512)

_GUIListViewEx_SetDefColours($Window1_Index, $List_Default_Color)

EndFunc

Func Windows2_Script()

Local $lsms_Array[2][5] = [[1, 2, 3, 4, 5],[6, 7, 8, 9, 10]]

_GUIListViewEx_Close($Window2_Index)

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($Window2_List)

_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($Window2_List, $lsms_Array)

$Window2_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($Window2_List, $lsms_Array, 0, Default, False, 1 + 2 + 32 + 512 + 1024)

_GUIListViewEx_SetDefColours($Window2_Index, $List_Default_Color)

EndFunc
Edited by jimmy123j

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

OK, I can reproduce the problem and know what is happening. Now I need to see why it happens!

M23

I think I have found the solution - try this code and see if it works for you too: GUIListViewEx_Test.au3

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

It's work OMG

Delighted to hear it. Waiting for confirmation from your main script.

M23

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Melba23 said:

Delighted to hear it. Waiting for confirmation from your main script.

Sorry for wait, the original script works fine with test ver. and Listview index can be distributed the right index number (not duplicate)

the test ver. already solved the index duplicate problem (I though), maybe can update into next AU3 release ver.

if any issue in future, I'll keep feedback to you

thanks for waste your time to help the issue, your AU3 is really awesome and useful !!

Edited by jimmy123j

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

Great news. I will release a new version as soon as novel confirms that the changes I made for him last week are working correctly. Thanks to you for reporting the problem and testing the changes.

M23

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Melba23 said:

jimmy123j,

Great news. I will release a new version as soon as novel confirms that the changes I made for him last week are working correctly. Thanks to you for reporting the problem and testing the changes.

M23

Sorry, me again

I just try the main script, and _GUIListViewEx_LoadColour seems not work, but _GUIListViewEx_SetColour is work

I used the _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray to load the _GUIListViewEx_SetColour color array compare to _GUIListViewEx_LoadColour used color array are same

And I check the mssage return by _GUIListViewEx_LoadColour is success

maybe need to confirm the test ver. with new index distribution, Thanks !!!

Edited by jimmy123j

• Moderators

jimmy123j,

maybe need to confirm the test ver. with new index distribution

Almost certainly you will need to do this to get the colouring working correctly as it depends on the indexing being correct. Keeping my fingers crossed!

M23

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Melba23

I'm trying to integrate your _GUIListViewEx into a large application and keep getting the following error:

(5499) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts

I'm mainly using it for dragging and dropping rows. It works fine until I add a row.

I had the thought that maybe I needed to add the following initalization each time I added an item to the listview:

$iLV = _GUIListViewEx_Init($XpathEditCode, "", 0, 0, True)

but that didn't seem to help so I then added the following line after each init where I saw that items were added to the listview:

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(False,True,True,True)  ; Since I have my own  WM_NOTIFY message

which didn't help either and that wouldn't make sense that I'd have to register the message each time so I removed that last line except for the first instance after i create the blank listview.

Without having to dig through the large app for just the sections that's related, can you maybe provide some pointers as to what might be causing the issue.

Alternatively is there maybe my own initialization I can add to the UDF to always check for updates to the listview?

Make sense?

Thanks for any direction.

Edited by NassauSky

• Moderators

NassauSky,

At a guess you are adding elements to the ListView using the standard functions rather than using the UDF _GUIListViewEx_Insert/InsertSpec functions. That would mean that the  ListView contents no longer match the internal shadow array within the UDF - which usually ends in tears and an error like the one you describe.

So how do you add the new rows?

M23

Spoiler

Hmmmm @Melba23

OK getting very close.  I wasn't expecting  _GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec to be different as far as including the option for the index....

OK got a basic example that I'm going to try to integrate:

#Include ".\Required\GUIListViewEx.au3"
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>

; Create GUI
$hGUI = GUICreate("LVEx Example 1", 640, 510)

Global $hListView_Right = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "", 430, 40, 200, 300, BitOR($LVS_DEFAULT, $WS_BORDER))  ;UDF version
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView_Right, "Column 1", 83)
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView_Right, "Column 2", 83)
$iLV_Right_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hListView_Right, "", 0, 0, True)
GUISetState()
_GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec($iLV_Right_Index, 0, "Row 1a Manual Wait| Test 1b")
_GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec($iLV_Right_Index, 1, "Row 2a Manual Wait| Test 2b")
Sleep(3000)

OK so it turns out I have to close it, delete items then reinitialize it in order to clear the listview and re-add items

_GUIListViewEx_Close($iLV_Right_Index)
     _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hListView_Right)
     _GUIListViewEx_SetActive($iLV_Right_Index)

Edited by NassauSky

That's my luck. Fix one thing and another thing breaks. Got the Listview UDF to move rows even with new data added but it lost my right click menu. 😕  Got to figure that out since I  was using the following before:

Global $ContextMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($idListview)  ;Right-Click Context menu inside Listview
      Local $Del = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run This", $ContextMenu, 1)
      GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_myRoutine1")
      Local $Add = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run That", $ContextMenu, 2)
      GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_myRoutine2")

Any examples of how to integrate my old menu as above into your UDF?  Example 6 has a right click context menu but it uses the Native functions to create the menu.

Thanks maybe almost there.

Edited by NassauSky

• Moderators

NassauSky,

so it turns out I have to close it, delete items then reinitialize it in order to re-add items

That does not sound right - if you use the UDF to add items then the ListView should work correctly after the insertion. Using your code from above, this works fine for me - I can drag the inserted items without problem:

#Include "GUIListViewEx.au3"

; Create GUI

Global $hListView_Right = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "", 430, 40, 200, 300, BitOR($LVS_DEFAULT, $WS_BORDER))  ;UDF version
GUISetState()

Sleep(5000)

As to the context menu, you are using the UDF function to create the ListView ($hListView_Right = _GUICtrlListView_Create) which gives you a handle and then using a ControlID ($idListview - where does that come from?) to create the context menu. Are you sure that your code worked before? Do you really need to create the ListView using the UDF function?

M23

Spoiler

@Melba23

So yes the first example does work which you reposted in your previous post. I used that as an example when I was looking through code in my project to modify. Next step was testing some clearing and reloading of data into the listview. When I wanted to completely clear the listview, I was able to do so without it keeping any elements in the listview by following those 'clear listview' steps I noted above.   If you are saying that I shouldn't clear the listview the way I displayed above each time I want to wipe all the contents and add new elements then I'll work on that after I get the context menu working.

As far as the $idListview which I noted on the the above code, I guess I was hoping you'd notice and comment on that. I tried both the handle of the listview control which will host the contxt menu $hListView_Right and the returned index number $iLV_Right_Index.

Are you saying that your UDF will handle creating a context menu in that fashion? The only reason I was using the UDF function was for dragging rows up or down.

Thanks again.

Edited by NassauSky

• Moderators

NassauSky,

There was a misunderstanding - if you want to completely clear and reload a ListView then what you are doing is exactly the way to do so.

As to context menus - here is how to create context menus on both native and UDF-created ListViews:

#include <GuiMenu.au3>

#Include "GUIListViewEx.au3"

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global Enum $iThis = 1000, $iThat

; Create GUI
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit")

$cListView_Left = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 30, 40, 200, 300, BitOR($LVS_DEFAULT, $WS_BORDER))
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cListView_Left, "Column 1", 83)
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cListView_Left, "Column 2", 83)
$iLV_Left_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cListView_Left, "", 0, 0, True)

$ContextMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($cListView_Left)  ;Right-Click Context menu inside Listview
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run This", $ContextMenu, 1)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run That", $ContextMenu, 2)

$hListView_Right = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "", 330, 40, 200, 300, BitOR($LVS_DEFAULT, $WS_BORDER))  ;UDF version

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(False)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")

GUISetState()

_GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec($iLV_Left_Index, 0, "Row 1a Manual Wait| Test 1b")
_GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec($iLV_Left_Index, 1, "Row 2a Manual Wait| Test 2b")

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _myRoutine1()
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Native", "Running This")
EndFunc

Func _myRoutine2()
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Native", "Running That")
EndFunc

Func _LV_Right_RClick()

$aHit = _GUICtrlListView_SubItemHitTest($hListView_Right)
    If $aHit[0] <> -1 Then
        $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup()
        _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Run This", $iThis)
        _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Run That", $iThat)
        Switch _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hListView_Right, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2)
            Case $iThis
                _myRoutine1()
            Case $iThat
                _myRoutine2()
        EndSwitch
        _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu)
    EndIf

EndFunc

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam)
    $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
    Switch $hWndFrom
        Case $hListView_Right
            Switch $iCode
                Case $NM_RCLICK
                    _LV_Right_RClick()
                    Return 0
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

_GUIListViewEx_WM_NOTIFY_Handler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

Note the requirement NOT to register the WM_NOTIFY message within the UDF _MsgRegister function, but to call the associated function within the separate registered handler.

I hope that clears up all of your questions.

M23

Spoiler

@Melba23That is excellent.  Very good example.  I tried adding to your example _WM_NOTIFY to find out what cell is selected in the UDF:

Case $NM_RCLICK
                     MsgBox(0,"Clicked", "Row: " & $aGLVEx_Data[0][10] & " /Column: " & $aGLVEx_Data[0][11] )
                     $aContextChoice=_GUIListViewEx_ContextPos()
                     MsgBox(0,"Clicked", "Index: " & $aContextChoice[0] & " /Row: " & $aContextChoice[1] & " /Column: " & $aContextChoice[2] )
                     Return 0

Not as easy as I was hoping but I'm sure once again I'm overlooking something.

• Moderators

NassauSky,

I wrote the _GUIListViewEx_ContextPos function to do exactly that so what more were you hoping for?

M23

Spoiler

Sorry @Melba23 with minor changes this is my code which is crashing and not showing correct row & cols during right clicking on the right listview

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiMenu.au3>
#Include ".\Required\GUIListViewEx.au3"

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global Enum $iThis = 1000, $iThat

; Create GUI
$hGUI = GUICreate("ContextMenu NATIVE vs UDF", 640, 510)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit")

;--------------------------------------------------LEFT NATIVE SETUP--------------------------------------------------------------------------
$cListView_Left = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 30, 40, 200, 300, BitOR($LVS_DEFAULT, $WS_BORDER))
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cListView_Left, "Column 1", 83)
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($cListView_Left, "Column 2", 83)
$iLV_Left_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cListView_Left, "", 0, 0, True)

$ContextMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($cListView_Left)  ;Right-Click Context menu inside Listview
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run This", $ContextMenu, 1)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Run That", $ContextMenu, 2)
;-------------------------------------------------RIGHT UDF SETUP------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$hListView_Right = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "", 330, 40, 200, 300, BitOR($LVS_DEFAULT, $WS_BORDER))  ;UDF version

_GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister(False)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")

GUISetState()

;-------------------------------------------------COMMON ITEM INSERTION-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec($iLV_Left_Index, 0, "Row 1a Manual Wait| Test 1b")
_GUIListViewEx_InsertSpec($iLV_Left_Index, 1, "Row 2a Manual Wait| Test 2b")

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _myRoutine1()
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Native", "Running This")
EndFunc

Func _myRoutine2()
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Native", "Running That")
EndFunc

Func _LV_Right_RClick() ; Called inside _WM_NOTIFY

$aHit = _GUICtrlListView_SubItemHitTest($hListView_Right)
    If $aHit[0] <> -1 Then
        $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup()
        _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Run This", $iThis)
        _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem($hMenu, "Run That", $iThat)
        Switch _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hListView_Right, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2)
            Case $iThis
                _myRoutine1()
            Case $iThat
                _myRoutine2()
        EndSwitch
        _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu)
    EndIf

EndFunc

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo

$tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam)
    $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
    Switch $hWndFrom
        Case $hListView_Right
            Switch $iCode
               Case $NM_RCLICK
                     ;_GUIListViewEx_SetActive(2)
                     MsgBox(0,"Clicked", "Row: " & $aGLVEx_Data[0][10] & " /Column: " & $aGLVEx_Data[0][11] )
                     $aContextChoice=_GUIListViewEx_ContextPos()
                     MsgBox(0,"Clicked", "Index: " & $aContextChoice[0] & " /Row: " & $aContextChoice[1] & " /Column: " & $aContextChoice[2] )
                    ;_LV_Right_RClick() ; Creates a context menu & points to routines
                    Return 0
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

_GUIListViewEx_WM_NOTIFY_Handler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

• Melba23 changed the title to GUIListViewEx - BugFix Version 6 Apr 24