GUIListViewEx - New Version 26 Feb 24

Melba23

Issue in GLVEx_Example_1

Step to reproduce:

1. Run
  2. Click "Edit Right 5,0"
  3. Click "Edit Left Header 1"

Symptoms: after clicking "Edit Left Header 1" , ListView item is edited instead Header .

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Moderators

mLipok,

Oops - a hangover from testing. I will check the other examples too - thanks for the report.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 19 May 16

Added:

• Pressing {BackSpace} will open an item for editing if the selected item is editable.
  • Column headers can now be edited using combos as well as simple text (see new _GUIListViewEx_LoadHdrData function) - Scriptbreaking change.
  • Ability to sort columns programmatically via new _GUIListViewEx_SortCol function

Fixed: A couple of small bugs.

New zip containing new UDF and several example scripts in first post.

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

In: GLVEx_Example_3

When I want to drag single row from Left to Right, then this is imposible but: How I can get Error message about "Different Col Number" ?

When I use CTRL + Arrows , going to the right and Edit is jumping to the left . Why the same is not in relation Top<>Bottom 

When I click in a single cell  and type some data, and now I click to different cell , this new data is not saved.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

36 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

Pressing {BackSpace} will open an item for editing if the selected item is editable.

Please provide option to change default {BackSpace} to any other combination for example '^{Insert}' .

in GLVEx_Example_4

Issue ??  :

Step to reproduce:

1. Run
  2. in Right LV Move First Column "Peter" to second position > after "Paul".
  3. in Left LV  Click  Cell [0,0] and change text to XXXXX
  4. from Left LV  Move Row 0  to Row 0 in Right LV

Symptoms: Row is incorectly moved, Collums are inproper ordered, you can se that in Right LV   XXXXX text is in Cell [0,1]  instead [0,0].

Or this was your intention ?

In GLVEx_Example_5

Moving from "No delete & no drop"  >>>> "No external drag" - is awesome feature,
Why "No external drag" not allowing "Delete" ?
This two LV can be used as an Configuration Dialog when user can drag option from one LV to second LV.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

Answers:

--  There is no "insert marker" in the right ListView when you drag items into it which indicates that the drag will not work. Look at Ex 5 to see how this works in more detail - you only get an "insert marker" when the drag/drop operation is permitted.

--  When I move the current edit cell using "Ctrl-arrow" it moves perfectly in all directions - I do not understand what behaviour you are trying to explain. The behaviour of the up/down and left/right movement of the cells is set by the $iEditMode parameter passed when you call _GUIListViewEx_EditOnClick in the idle loop - as explained in the function header:

; $iEditMode      Return after single edit - 0 (default)
;                 {TAB} and ctrl-arrow keys move to next item - 2-digit code (row mode/column mode)
;                     0 = Cannot move
;                     1 = Reaching edge terminates edit process
;                     2 = Reaching edge remains in place
;                     3 = Reaching edge loops to opposite edge

--  Clicking in another cell will abandon the edit unless you set the correct $iAdded mode when initialising the ListView. To allow clicking elsewhere and retaining the previous edit you need mode 4:

; $iAdded    - 0      - No added features (default).  To get added features add any of the following values
; [...]
;              + 4    - Edit continues within same ListView by triple mouse-click on editable column

So use this initialisation line in the example and it will retain the edit when you click elsewhere:

; Initiate GLVEx - no array passed - count parameter set - default insert mark colour (black) - drag image - continue edit on click
$iLV_Left_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cListView_Left, $aLV_List_Left, 1, 0, True, 4)

-- I will look into how the user could choose another "start edit" key.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Spoiler

Is there a way to use Edit with this UDF:

Is there a way to change Header text for example Summary = 150,00 £ 

?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

-- There is currently no way to incorporate that code into the UDF to deal with the user input as it is entered. But as explained in the Guide, following an edit _GUIListViewEx_EditOnClick returns an array showing the previous and new content of any edited cells, so you can easily check whether the new content meets any particular criteria and reset the original content if it does not.

-- Again as explained in the Guide (you did read it before posting?) header content can be altered either by using Ctrl-click on the header (assuming you have correctly initiated the ListView - look at the $iAdded parameter again) or programmatically via _GUIListViewEx_EditHeader (you did look at the #CURRENT# function list?). If you use the _GUIListViewEx_LoadHdrData function you can even create a combo to edit the header.

M23

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

as explained in the Guide (you did read it before posting?) 

Once. I think it's time to read it a few more times :D

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

Good idea!

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

Try this Beta: <snip>

Look for the _GUIListViewEx_SetEditKey function:

; Syntax.........: _GUIListViewEx_SetEditKey($sKey)
; Parameters ....: $sKey - String of key(s): Up to 2 modifers (^ = Ctrl, ! = Alt) plus main key code as _IsPressed

So

_GUIListViewEx_SetEditKey("^2D")

will set Ctrl-Insert as you requested above.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

I have just seen your edits above:

-- Ex 4: That is a Windows "feature" and nothing to do with my UDF. When you rearrange the headers, Windows keeps track of which is which - you use _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnOrder to find out the current order. When you drop a row into another ListView, Windows automatically places the content of each column in the "correct" column, as in the case you specify.

-- Ex 5: Explain exactly what you want to happen when dragging between the two ListViews.

M23

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Melba23 said:

mLipok,

Try this Beta: GUIListViewEx.au3

Look for the _GUIListViewEx_SetEditKey function:

; Syntax.........: _GUIListViewEx_SetEditKey($sKey)
; Parameters ....: $sKey - String of key(s): Up to 2 modifers (^ = Ctrl, ! = Alt) plus main key code as _IsPressed

So

will set Ctrl-Insert as you requested above.

M23

Almost perfect, as there is some small issue with first use.
Step to reproduce:

1. Run example 3
  2. Click Left ListView
  3. press  Ctrl-Insert

Symptoms:
Focus is moved to RowMode Combobox instead entering in edit mode for selected Row.
Remark:
If I click again in LV thent this feature works correctly.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

I cannot reproduce that - as long as I have an item selected in the left ListView it opens for editing when the HotKey is pressed.

M23

Spoiler

I modify example 3 by adding this two additional lines:

; Create Left ListView
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Native ListView", 10, 5, 300, 35)
$cListView_Left = GUICtrlCreateListView("Tom|Dick|Harry", 10, 40, 300, 300, $LVS_SINGLESEL)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($cListView_Left, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView_Left, 0, 93)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView_Left, 1, 93)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($cListView_Left, 2, 93)
_GUICtrlListView_SetInsertMarkColor($cListView_Left, 0)
MsgBox(0, '', @error)

If I comment this :

#cs
    MsgBox(0, "Active ListView", $sMsg)

MsgBox(0, "Info", "The Left ListView has 20 empty rows" & @CRLF & "each of 3 cells which can be edited" & @CRLF & _
    "Use Ctrl-arrow to move edit from cell to cell" & @CRLF & "<--------------------------")

#CE

All works OK.

This issue is fully reproducible on my Win10 x64

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

mLipok,

My Win7 x32 does not show anything of the sort - we need another tester.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

dmob,

Sorry about that - it will be declared in the next release.

M23

Spoiler

• Melba23 changed the title to GUIListViewEx - New Version 26 Feb 24