OutlookEX UDF (Question, not error)

Howdy!

I've been reading through the OutLookEX documentation and examples for the past two days ( VERY well documented, very clear! ) 

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/OutlookEX_UDF_-_General

But I've had trouble locating information on specifying what user to use. My outlook is linked to two email accounts and I can only manipulate the main account's stuff. A simple script I've been playing with is this 

; Include Functions
#include <OutlookEX.au3>

; Connect to Outlook
Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Connect to Outlook", "Error connecting to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

;List the folders
Global $aResult = _OL_FolderTree($oOutlook, "*")
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script", "Error accessing root folder. @error = " & @error)
_ArrayDisplay($aResult, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script - All folders")

It works like a charm but it only returns my main account's folders. 

I really hope I didn't overlook a wiki page or help file... 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-Reiz

No problem starting a new thread :)
"*" is always resolved to the current user. Check the help file for _OL_FolderAccess and you will see how to access the folder of another user. Call _OL_FolderAccess and then pass the returned folder object to _OL_FolderTree.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ah! I discovered the actual dilemma I am hitting!

The area I am trying to access isn't a user account, it is just a "General Mailbox" meaning it has none of the usual functions of a normal user. Until 10 minutes ago I didn't know anything like this existed.

At any rate if I can't specify a person/user , any ideas on how I can gain access to a set of folders that aren't exactly associated with a user account?

When I right click on one of my own personal folders and click Properties , it gives me a location of  "\\myemail@mydomain.com"

When I right click on the mailbox's folder that I want to get into and click Properties it gives me a location of "\\thename"  (( Not a blah@blue.com , just blah))

I used "thename" in the script and it returns with Error 1 which means to me that it can't access the specified root folder.

; Include Functions
#include <OutlookEX.au3>

; Connect to Outlook
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Connect to Outlook", "Error connecting to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

;List the folders
Global $aResult = _OL_FolderTree($oOutlook, "\\NAMEHERE")
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script", "Error accessing root folder. @error = " & @extended)
_ArrayDisplay($aResult, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script - All folders")

If there is information I am leaving out that would be useful to you just let me know and I will try to find it. Thank you very much for your time!

In the folder tree of Outlook at the root of the mailbox you want to access you see the name. Use this in _OL_FolderAccess.
Example:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hey there,

I really appreciate you spending time with me on this and helping me work through dillemma. I know you could be spending it doing ANYTHING else so I really do value you taking the time to respond to me. Thank you.

I made the modifications as you suggested 

; Include Functions
#include <OutlookEX.au3>

; Connect to Outlook

Global $aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "\\NAME\Inbox", $olFolderInbox)
if @error then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error returned by _OL_FolderAccess: " & @error & "-" & @extended)

;List the folders
Global $aResult = _OL_FolderTree($oOutlook, $aFolder)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script", "Error accessing root folder. @error = " & @extended)

And I get back an "Error Accessing Root Folder , Error = 0" 

Again thank you very much for your time regarding this. 

Unfortunately _OL_FolderAccess returns an array. So the statement should be:

;List the folders
Global $aResult = _OL_FolderTree($oOutlook, $aFolder[1])

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Well that returned a different error it seems!

I should have known to call it as an array, thank you for reminding me.

This is what I get when I try to run it now

"C:\directorystuff\mail\OutlookEX.au3" (1259) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$oFolder = $oNamespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder($oDummy, $iFolderType).Parent
$oFolder = $oNamespace^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 2.633

Did I break your UDF? o.o I'm sorry!!! 

You didn't break the UDF - that's not possible :)

Could you please try:

Global $aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "NAME\")

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Now your fellow co-workers know how easy AutoIt is :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki