Set Checked / un-checked value according to Registry value

Hi all, first post here ever, I'm working on a project, Helpdesk type tool.   I'm trying to set the State (Checked, Unchecked) of check boxes, and Or button, (a Toggle). this would be set by determining the Value of Certain Reg keys,    here is my phone below. $PC_select_data is the Computer Name so you could replace it with "@Computer".  

I looked and looked and couldn't find whats wrong. 

I'm new to Autoit somewhat. 

I may be complicating things by assigning Arrays for my controls, but I think this will work. 

the first part is fine, I get a Computer from a list (that I got from AD with Water's Awesome UDF)

please not I'm using onevent also, well. the UDF OnEventA that allows upto 4 ByVal or Ref's 

I get the Value $PC_selected_data

return the value to the Function

I send a test Key with Regread, if I can't read it I launch sc.exe to run Remote Reg.

Then I read 5 values from the Remote Reg.   I assigned a Array of those Values and Also Assigned a Array of my CheckBoxes also.

Now my logic, if the Value of the REG key is "" (blank)   then UnCheck all the check boxes, else, Check them. Now, to make this more efficient, I put the Controls in an Array, of the Same Lenth. now here is the think, I run my script, it runs fine, finds the value, and Un-checks all of the check boxes, now if I go change one of the REG values, it does not Check them. because of the Logic for the For Loop.   I would have figured that If the first value of the Array $Run_as_MSIscheck =  somevalue that it would see that as a "ELSE" and Check the box. Since the For loop contains the If - then- Else, but I Understand that it only runs the first Block, IF the condition is True.  So I guess Am I totally off track? 

Func Check_PC_status($PC_select_Data)
local $pingPC
local $regtemp = ""
local $x = ""
local $Run_as_MSIcheck,$Run_as_CMDcheck,$Run_as_BATCheck,$Run_as_REGcheck
local $RUNas_chks[4] = [$MSI_runAs_chk,$CMD_runAs_chk,$BAT_runAs_chk,$REG_runAs_chk]
local $runAS_function_check[4] = [$Run_as_MSIcheck,$Run_as_CMDcheck,$Run_as_BATCheck,$Run_as_REGcheck]

;~ @error:  
;~ 2 = Host is unreachable
;~ 3 = Bad destination
;~ 4 = Other errors

;Sends Ping to pc to see if its live or not.

$pingPC = ping($PC_select_Data,2000)
;if Ping has returned a good value, NOT 0.  check current status of the following lines in registry. checkes for RunAS for CMD/MSI/BAT and Remote REG keys. checks for SMS prompt control.  
if $pingPC Then  

;tries to read a key from the registry, and returns its value, if its blank,
$regtemp = RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Remote Control", "Permission Required")
ConsoleWrite("Sending test Key, is set to: " & $regtemp & @CRLF) 

;~error: 3 = Bad destination
if @error = 3  or $regtemp = "" Then
    ConsoleWrite("Unable to determine status of remote registry!!!" & @CRLF & "Trying to start Remote Registry.... via Service Control Manager" & @CRLF )

RunWait(@SystemDir & '\sc.exe \\' & $PC_select_Data & ' start RemoteRegistry',"","")
    if Not @error then 
    ConsoleWrite("Remote Registry loaded" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    EndIf
EndIf

TCPStartup()
                $IPadd = TCPNameToIP ($PC_select_Data)
                ConsoleWrite($IPadd & @CRLF)
            TCPShutdown()

ConsoleWrite("ping Success: " & $pingPC & "ms" & @CRLF)

$Sccm_PROMPTcheck = RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Remote Control", "Permission Required")
            $Run_as_MSIcheck =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command", "")  ; MSI access Check
            $Run_as_CMDcheck =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; CMS access Check
            $Run_as_BATCheck =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; BAT access Check
            $Run_as_REGcheck =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; REG access Check

ConsoleWrite("SMS Client status: " & $Sccm_Promptcheck & @CRLF & "MSI RunAS Status: " & $Run_as_MSIcheck & @CRLF & "CMD RunAs Status: " & $Run_as_CMDcheck & @CRLF & "BAT RunAs Status: " & $Run_as_BATCheck & @CRLF & "REG RunAs Status: " & $Run_as_REGcheck & @CRLF & @CRLF)

for $x = 0 to UBound($runAS_function_check) -1
            ConsoleWrite("Count: " & $x & @CRLF)

if $runAS_function_check[$x] = "" Then

$test1 = guictrlread($RUNas_chks[$x])
                ConsoleWrite("B4 " & $test1 & @CRLF)

GUICtrlSetState($RUNas_chks[$x],$GUI_UNCHECKED)

$test2 =  guictrlread($RUNas_chks[$x])
                ConsoleWrite("After " & $test2 & @CRLF)

Else

GUICtrlSetState($RUNas_chks[$x],$GUI_CHECKED)

EndIf

Next

Else

ConsoleWrite($PC_select_Data & " is Not reachable" & @CRLF & @CRLF)

EndIf

Endfunc

any help is appreciated. 

Edited by Cirusnb

It's a little confusing.  I don't see any checkboxes in your snippet above.  I see your arrays which you are filling with zeros.  

I think know where you're going with this, but the execution isn't quite right.  

When you are doing your RegReads to update the *check variables, are you expecting that the arrays are being updated?  It doesn't work that way.  

I'd recommend something like this (apologies if this isn't the direction you wanted to take and this just added confusion)

;...
;Create Enumerated Variables - Human Friendly Array Indexes ;)
Local Enum $Run_as_MSIcheck, $Run_as_CMDcheck, $Run_as_BATCheck, $Run_as_REGcheck
;Create Array
Local $RUNas_chks[4]
;...
;Read Registry Values into Array
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_MSIcheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command", "")  ; MSI access Check
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_CMDcheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; CMS access Check
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_BATCheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; BAT access Check
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_REGcheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; REG access Check
;...etc.

Like this?

Global $hForm = GUICreate("PC Status", 340, 90)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("PC: ", 24, 16, 32, 17)
Global $cSMS = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("SMS", 16, 48, 46, 17)
Global $cMSI = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("MSI", 64, 48, 46, 17)
Global $cCMD = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("CMD", 112, 48, 46, 17)
Global $cBAT = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("BAT", 160, 48, 46, 17)
Global $cREG = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("REG", 208, 48, 46, 17)
Global $PC = GUICtrlCreateInput(@IPAddress1, 56, 16, 185, 21)
Global $CheckPC = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check", 256, 16, 73, 49)
Global $cStatus = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 8, 72, 324, 17, BitOR(0x1, 0x0200))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case -3
            Exit
        Case $CheckPC
            _CheckPC_Status(GUICtrlRead($PC))
    EndSwitch
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _CheckPC_Status($sPC_Name)
    If StringStripWS($sPC_Name, 9) = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $Sccm_PROMPTcheck, $sMSIcheck, $sCMDcheck, $sBATCheck, $sREGcheck, $sIPAddress, $regtemp, $iPID, $sOutput
    Local $pingPC = Ping($sPC_Name, 2000)
    If $pingPC Then
        $regtemp = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Remote Control", "Permission Required")
        If @error = 3 Or $regtemp = "" Then
            ConsoleWrite("!Unable to determine status of remote registry!!!" & @CRLF & "-Trying to start Remote Registry.... via Service Control Manager" & @CRLF)
            $iPID = Run('"' & @SystemDir & '\sc.exe" ' & "\\" & $sPC_Name & ' start RemoteRegistry', "", @SW_HIDE, 8)
            ProcessWaitClose($iPID)
            $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID)
            If StringInStr($sOutput, "FAILED") Then
                GUICtrlSetData($cStatus, "Can't load Remote Registry !")
                ConsoleWrite("! Can't load Remote Registry !" & @CRLF)
                Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
            Else
                GUICtrlSetData($cStatus, "Remote Registry loaded")
                ConsoleWrite("+Remote Registry loaded" & @CRLF)
            EndIf
        EndIf
        TCPStartup()
        $sIPAddress = TCPNameToIP($sPC_Name)
        ConsoleWrite("!IP: " & $sIPAddress & @CRLF)
        TCPShutdown()
        ConsoleWrite("-Ping Success: " & $pingPC & "ms" & @CRLF)
        $Sccm_PROMPTcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Remote Control", "Permission Required")
        $sMSIcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command", "")
        $sCMDcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\runas\command", "")
        $sBATCheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command", "")
        $sREGcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "")
        RegWrite("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "", "REG_DWORD", 1)
        _Check($Sccm_PROMPTcheck, $cSMS)
        _Check($sMSIcheck, $cMSI)
        _Check($sCMDcheck, $cCMD)
        _Check($sBATCheck, $cBAT)
        _Check($sREGcheck, $cREG)
        ConsoleWrite("+SMS Client status: " & $Sccm_PROMPTcheck & @CRLF & "+MSI RunAS Status: " & $sMSIcheck & @CRLF & "+CMD RunAs Status: " & $sCMDcheck & @CRLF & "+BAT RunAs Status: " & $sBATCheck & @CRLF & "+REG RunAs Status: " & $sREGcheck & @CRLF & @CRLF)
        GUICtrlSetData($cStatus, "PC Status check done!")
    Else
        ConsoleWrite($sPC_Name & " is Not reachable" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
        SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckPC_Status

Func _Check($Data, $Control)
    If StringStripWS($Data, 8) <> "" Then
        GUICtrlSetState($Control, 1)
    Else
        GUICtrlSetState($Control, 4)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Check

Regards,

On 5/19/2016 at 10:47 PM, Trong said:

awesome, thank you, I"m using ONevent tho. I really appreciate what you did the error checking for the Service Control.  I'll update my code and see if I can implement the check feature using Onevent (I am using 

also, I"m also running AutoITstudio  for the GUI in a separate file.  Sorry for not including the GUI.  

I'll keep you posted :) thanks again. 

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case -3
            Exit
        Case $CheckPC
    EndSwitch
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Local $Sccm_PROMPTcheck, $sMSIcheck, $sCMDcheck, $sBATCheck, $sREGcheck, $sIPAddress, $regtemp, $iPID, $sOutput
    If $pingPC Then
        $regtemp = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Remote Control", "Permission Required")
            ConsoleWrite("!Unable to determine status of remote registry!!!" & @CRLF & "-Trying to start Remote Registry.... via Service Control Manager" & @CRLF)
            $iPID = Run('"' & @SystemDir & '\sc.exe" ' & "\\" & $sPC_Name & ' start RemoteRegistry', "", @SW_HIDE, 8)
            ProcessWaitClose($iPID)
                Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
            Else
            EndIf
        EndIf
        TCPStartup()
        TCPShutdown()
        $Sccm_PROMPTcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\Remote Control", "Permission Required")
        $sMSIcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command", "")
        $sCMDcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\runas\command", "")
        $sBATCheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command", "")
        $sREGcheck = RegRead("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "")
        RegWrite("\\" & $sPC_Name & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "", "REG_DWORD", 1)
        ConsoleWrite("+SMS Client status: " & $Sccm_PROMPTcheck & @CRLF & "+MSI RunAS Status: " & $sMSIcheck & @CRLF & "+CMD RunAs Status: " & $sCMDcheck & @CRLF & "+BAT RunAs Status: " & $sBATCheck & @CRLF & "+REG RunAs Status: " & $sREGcheck & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    Else
        SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Else
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Check

awesome, thank you, I"m using ONevent tho. I really appreciate what you did the error checking for the Service Control.  I'll update my code and see if I can implement the check feature using Onevent (I am using 

also, I"m also running AutoITstudio  for the GUI in a separate file.  Sorry for not including the GUI.  

I'll keep you posted :) thanks again. 

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case -3
            Exit
        Case $CheckPC
    EndSwitch
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

If $pingPC Then
            ProcessWaitClose($iPID)
                Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
            Else
            EndIf
        EndIf
        TCPStartup()
        TCPShutdown()
    Else
        SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Else
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Check

On 5/18/2016 at 8:03 PM, spudw2k said:

It's a little confusing.  I don't see any checkboxes in your snippet above.  I see your arrays which you are filling with zeros.  

I think know where you're going with this, but the execution isn't quite right.  

When you are doing your RegReads to update the *check variables, are you expecting that the arrays are being updated?  It doesn't work that way.  

I'd recommend something like this (apologies if this isn't the direction you wanted to take and this just added confusion)

;...
;Create Enumerated Variables - Human Friendly Array Indexes ;)
Local Enum $Run_as_MSIcheck, $Run_as_CMDcheck, $Run_as_BATCheck, $Run_as_REGcheck
;Create Array
Local $RUNas_chks[4]
;...
;Read Registry Values into Array
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_MSIcheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command", "")  ; MSI access Check
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_CMDcheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; CMS access Check
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_BATCheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; BAT access Check
$RUNas_chks[$Run_as_REGcheck] =  RegRead("\\" & $PC_select_Data & "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\runas\command", "")  ; REG access Check
;...etc.

I might use your Array idea, the GUI are in the separate file, I forgot to include those.