Use of Autoit script on social networks: how to stop a cheat

Hello to everyone!

I am new to this forum, I do not know much about scripting, I have read the rules of the forum carefully, I am not asking for help with a script, I just have a question, which, I hope, someone will be able to answer.

I take part in a social network in which there is a game with a ranking list for different categories, such as “very hot”, “great body”, “gorgeous face”, etc. The ranking is determined by the number of “footprints” (or emoticons, if you prefer) that the users receive.

The problem is that there is a user who cheats using an Autoit script (and Tor to cover his tracks) in order to alter the ranking lists by sending computer-generated footprints to himself and to the people he wishes to help. You will no doubt agree that cheating is unfair to anyone.

My question is: is there any way at all to prevent this person’s script from working? In other words, how would it be possible to stop this person from altering the rankings? Is there anything that the administration of the site could do so that the script does not work?

I hope that my question is clear and that someone will be able to answer it.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Marco

First off, how do you know they are using AutoIt if they are covering their tracks? Second, what are your community's rules regarding the use of scripts in this manner? If you suspect a user is using AutoIt- or any other scripting language- in a manner not allowed by the rules of your community, then you should report it to the community moderators and make them aware of it. Seems to me if you have a community member not playing by the rules your options are disciplinary suspension or a ban. No offense, but I think trying to block or disrupt AutoIt in some way is entirely the wrong approach to this problem.

Thank you very much for your swift reply, jaeger52. I know that the user in question is using an Autoit script because he confessed it himself to a friend of mine. I have contacted the administration, they seem aware of it, but have not taken any action so far, even though any form of cheating is obviously not allowed by the rules of the community.

I wish to clarify that I think Autoit is an excellent piece of software, which I admire. I just wish it were not used in order to cheat in a game, that's all.

• Moderators

@Marco1971 while I understand your frustration with cheaters - especially using AutoIt - I am going to call a halt to this particular subject before it becomes another Oozlum Bird as Melba would say. In short, we do not police anywhere beyond these digital borders, and can do nothing more than you can to stop cheaters - to report them to the appropriate community moderator for your social network.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!