Directory Troubles

erifash

I have been working on an application to automatically download and install the latest autoit beta version using the zip file instead of the installer. It downloads and moves the directories according to my setup except at the end where it finally overwrites the old version of autoit on my jump drive (L:\AutoIt3). I was wondering since I don't have much experience with the directory functions if anyone could look over this code as it would be a great help to me and probably to you. The required zip dll can be found here along with instructions. The code is attached. Thank you for your time! B)

I believe I saw a similar script a while ago, I'm running a search to see if it does check for the latest version. I even remember that it was ammended to check for betas.

If I don't find it, i'll run your script to see if I can be of any help, but I must admit, it looks a bit complicated for me.

Thanks, everything works fine except for the last DirMove where it copies \au3 to L:\AutoIt3. I just can't seem to get that to work. Maybe I should copy it file by file unstead of moving the folder?

I am not sure if this works yet, but I just searched the .89 helpfile and found DirCopy (duh! :"> ). Changing

DirMove($dir, $sPath, 1)
to
DirCopy($dir, $sPath, 1)
should work just perfect! B)