Content Length

Ic3c0ld

I am sending out post and get request with tcp in my script and I need to know how to genearte the Content Length correctly so they program doesn't hang.

All of the specifics of the HTTP 1.1 protocol are found in rfc2616

Content-length is discussed in secion 14.13 with additional information in section 4.4

See Here

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks dahle funny i was reading that same page in my browser when i notieced you replied with the same link freaky. Also is their a way to speed up tcp connections idk why but i have a feeling that its slower than it should be and am not sure if i can measure it.

Thanks dahle funny i was reading that same page in my browser when i notieced you replied with the same link freaky. Also is their a way to speed up tcp connections idk why but i have a feeling that its slower than it should be and am not sure if i can measure it.

Hmmm. I haven't done much with raw TCP connections in AutoIt... one thing you can do to take AutoIt out of the picture and get a real "hands-on" feel for the responsiveness is to open a command window and telnet to the server on port 80 and then type in the request headers manually... it's a pretty interesting exercise.

Dale

Edit: Example

C:\> telnet www.something.com 80
GET / HTTP/1.1<enter><enter>
Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble