Hello!

I've been going through all of the help files and examples, but I feel lost. I can't seem to find what I need. Essentially, what I'm doing is simple(in my head).

Create a file based on the information needed, select a line in that file, then put that line back in DOS. My code is below, I know it's messy, but I'll take the heat if you can help.

;BitlockerUpdate
;2016.05.24

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Run("C:\Windows\System32\CMD.exe") ;open command prompt
Sleep(500) ;sleep half second
if ProcessExists("cmd.exe") Then
   winactivate("Administrator: C:\Windows\System32\CMD.exe") ;refocus command prompt
   Send("C:")
   Send("{ENTER}")
   send("CD{SPACE}%windir%\sysnative\")
   send("{ENTER}")
EndIf

;create file with Bitlocker Protectors
Send("manage-bde.exe{SPACE}-protectors{SPACE}-get{space}c:{space}>{Space}%userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt") ;send code "manage-bde -protectors -get c: > %userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt"
Send("{ENTER}") ;send enter key to create text file on desktop with protectors
Sleep(1000) ;sleep one second(1s)

;edit txt file/create array, pull line and paste into new file, copy text then paste into cmd window below

;update data
   winactivate("Administrator: C:\Windows\System32\CMD.exe") ;refocus command prompt
   Send("manage-bde.exe{SPACE}-protectors{SPACE}-adbackup{SPACE}c:{SPACE}-id{SPACE}{COPIEDINFORMATIONGOESHERE}")
   Send("{ENTER}")
   ;don't forget to delete temp file if you create one created.
EndIf

;remove files
   Send("DEL{SPACE}%userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt") ;send code to delete protectors.txt
   Send("{ENTER}")
EndIf

MsgBox(0,"Done","Copy and upload are done. Please check Computer in AD.")

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

The protectors.txt file looks like this:

BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 6.1.7601
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Volume C: [OSDisk]
All Key Protectors

TPM:
      ID: {0000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000}

Numerical Password:
      ID: {1000000-1000-1000-1000-1000000}
      Password:
        000000-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000

Data Recovery Agent (Certificate Based):
      ID: {2000000-2000-2000-2000-2000000}
      Certificate Thumbprint:
        1111111a1aa1a1aa1a1a1a1aaaaaa1aaa1

I would specifically need the line after Numerical Password. 

Original line:      ID: {1000000-1000-1000-1000-1000000}

Needed information: -ID: {1000000-1000-1000-1000-1000000}

I apologize in advance for inconveniencing anyone with my silly issues. Hopefully this can stand as a great learning experience for both me and anyone else looking.

• Moderators

@OMGWTFLOLBBQ I have moved your question to the appropriate forum, the Developers forum specifically states it is not for AutoIt-related questions. Please be mindful of where you post ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

In answer to your question: First, have you tried using just Run or ShellExecute with the appropriate switches, rather than all the Sends? Something like so?

ShellExecute("manage-bde.exe", "-protectors -get " & @DesktopDir & "\protectors.txt")

Second: You could read the file to an array, and parse through it that way. Something like this:

#include <File.au3>

$sFile = @DesktopDir & "\Protectors.txt"
$aFile = FileReadToArray($sFile)

For $i = 0 To UBound($aFile)
    If StringInStr($aFile[$i], "Numerical Password:") Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "", $aFile[$i + 1])
Next

One of our RegEx gurus will come along and do that more quickly, I am sure, but that should get you started :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

23 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

In answer to your question: First, have you tried using just Run or ShellExecute with the appropriate switches, rather than all the Sends? Something like so?

ShellExecute("manage-bde.exe", "-protectors -get " & @DesktopDir & "\protectors.txt")

Second: You could read the file to an array, and parse through it that way. Something like this:

#include <File.au3>

$sFile = @DesktopDir & "\Protectors.txt"

If StringInStr($aFile[$i], "Numerical Password:") Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "", $aFile[$i + 1])
Next

One of our RegEx gurus will come along and do that more quickly, I am sure, but that should get you started :)

Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely got a few gears running. As for the first, I attempted ShellExecute, but it kept giving an error about "windows cannot find "manage-bde.exe". I know it's messy, but it seems to work...for now. After I get this working, I'll definitely work on streamlining it for the future.

Second, I've edited code based off of what you've suggested. 

$sFile = "%userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt"

If StringInStr($aFile[$i], "Numerical Password:") Then _ArrayToClip($MB_OK, "", $aFile[$i + 1])
Next

EndIf

;update data
   Send("manage-bde.exe{SPACE}-protectors{SPACE}-adbackup{SPACE}c:{SPACE}")
   Send("^v")
   Send("{ENTER}")
EndIf

I put that right in the middle, thinking I could skip the message box(which does appear to be showing the correct data), but nothing is pasting in with the Send("^V") command.... 

I appreciate the suggestions and I'll think this through for a bit tonight.

• Moderators

I am guessing you don't want the entire array on the clipboard, just the one line right? Instead of _ArrayClip, do something like:

Local $sFile = "%userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt"
Local $aFile = FileReadToArray($sFile)
Local $sInfo

If StringInStr($aFile[$i], "Numerical Password:") Then $sInfo = $aFile[$i + 1]
Next

EndIf

;update data
   Send($sInfo)
   Send("{ENTER}")
EndIf

18 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I am guessing you don't want the entire array on the clipboard, just the one line right? Instead of _ArrayClip, do something like:

Local $sFile = "%userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt"
Local $aFile = FileReadToArray($sFile)
Local $sInfo

If StringInStr($aFile[$i], "Numerical Password:") Then $sInfo = $aFile[$i + 1]
Next

EndIf

;update data
   Send($sInfo)
   Send("{ENTER}")
EndIf

Edited the whole bit... see below.

;BitlockerUpdate
;2016.05.25

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

;definitions
Local $pro = @DesktopDir & "\Protectors.txt" ;"%userprofile%\Desktop\protectors.txt" operating txt directory
Local $act =  WinActivate("Administrator: C:\Windows\System32\CMD.exe") ;refocus command prompt
Local $bde = "manage-bde.exe{SPACE}"
Local $arr = FileReadToArray($pro)
Local $inf

;open command and enter proper directory for use
Run("C:\Windows\System32\CMD.exe") ;open command prompt
Sleep(250) ;sleep quarter second
   $act ;refocus command prompt
   Send("C:" & "{ENTER}") ;send code "c:" then press enter
   Send("CD{SPACE}%windir%\sysnative\" & "{ENTER}") ;send code "CD %windir%\sysnative\" then press enter
   Send($bde & "-protectors{SPACE}-get{space}c:{space}>{Space}" & $pro & "{ENTER}") ;create protectors.txt on current desktop
  ;Sleep(250) ;sleep quarter second(.25s)
EndIf

;Needs Work
For $i = 0 To UBound($arr)
    If StringInStr($arr, "Numerical Password:") Then $inf = $arr[$i + 1]
Next

;update data
   Send($bde & "-protectors{SPACE}-adbackup{SPACE}c:{SPACE}")
   Send($inf & "{ENTER}")
EndIf
;remove files
   Send("DEL{SPACE}" & $pro & "{ENTER}") ;delete protectors.txt from current desktop
EndIf
;completed & confirm message box
MsgBox(0,"Done","Copy and upload are done. Please check Computer in AD.")

When I run the code, no errors appear...but nothing is pasted in after the " Send($inf  & "{Enter}") " code is applied after collecting the info from the array. Please see the attached image.

The line that should appear is: manage-bde.exe -protectors -adbackup c: -ID {1000000-1000-1000-1000-1000000} 

{1000000-1000-1000-1000-1000000}  is the variable though, it should be pulling the information from within protectors.txt from that line. 

I appreciate what you've assisted me with creating. Is it possible to get a simple definition of what you've done?

output.PNG

• Moderators

Your For Loop is incorrect. Look at how I have mine written again. You need to look at $arr[$i] in your StringInStr command, not all of $arr.

Here is an example script with a function that will return a PC's Numerical Password without having to automate the command prompt.  This function returns an array with the Numerical Password ID and Password.  I wrote it while working on a project to harvest BitLocker Numerical Passwords from our PCs.  You could use this function to as a template for creating a function to backup protectors to AD.  

#RequireAdmin
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>

;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system.
If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False)

Global $vBitLockerProtectors = _BitLockerGetNumericalPassword()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "ERROR", StringReplace($vBitLockerProtectors, "  ", @CRLF))

If IsArray($vBitLockerProtectors) Then 
    MsgBox(0, "Numerical Password", "ID: " & $vBitLockerProtectors[0] & @CRLF & "Password: " & $vBitLockerProtectors[1])
EndIf

Func _BitLockerGetNumericalPassword($sComputerName = @ComputerName, $sDrive = "C:")

Local $sManageBdeCmd = "manage-bde -protectors -get " & $sDrive & " -cn " & $sComputerName

Local $iPIDMangeBde = Run($sManageBdeCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED)
    ProcessWaitClose($iPIDMangeBde)

Local $sManageBdeOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDMangeBde), 3)
;~  ConsoleWrite($sManageBdeOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing.
;~  ConsoleWrite(StringReplace($sManageBdeOutput, @CRLF, "  ") & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing.

Local $aManageBdeOutput = StringRegExp($sManageBdeOutput, "(?s)Numerical Password:.+ID:\s+{(.+)}.+Password:\s+([-0-9]+)", $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH)
    If @error Then
        Local $aManageBdeOutput[2] = ["", ""]
        Local $iError = 1
        If StringInStr($sManageBdeOutput, "ERROR: No key protectors found.") Then $iError = 2 ;Fail test, PC not encrypted.
        If StringInStr($sManageBdeOutput, "ERROR: An error occurred while connecting to the BitLocker management" & @CRLF & "interface.") Then $iError = 3 ;Fail test, PC does not exist or inaccessible.
        If StringInStr($sManageBdeOutput, "ERROR: An error occurred (code 0x80070057)") Then $iError = 4 ;Fail test, drive does not exist.
        If StringInStr($sManageBdeOutput, "ERROR: An attempt to access a required resource was denied.") Then $iError = 5 ;An attempt to access a required resource was denied.
;~      Return SetError($iError, 0, $aManageBdeOutput) ;Comment the next line, and uncomment this line to get a blank array output on error.  
        Return SetError($iError, 0, StringReplace($sManageBdeOutput, @CRLF, "  ")) ;Error text returned by manage-bde.  
    EndIf
;~  _ArrayDisplay($aManageBdeOutput) ;For Testing.

Return $aManageBdeOutput
EndFunc

If you have any questions, please let me know.  

Adam