Excel issues

I have a script that helps manage our RMA\warranty items that has been working for a while now without issues.  I have recently updated my work PC with a new model that runs Windows 7 64bit rather than 32bit. I'm also running AutoIt ver. 3.3.14.2. I am unsure of the version of my old PC since I had to reuse it for an emergency replacement for our ER. I have reproduced the error on another PC running Windows 7 32bit as well as having another tech reproduce the error on yet another PC.

When I try to make a new entry or modify an existing entry, I am able to get Excel to load properly. I think my issue is when I do the search for a device serial. The crash error is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR

I added an object error handler and got the following error:

Error Number: 80020009
WinDescription: Exception occurred.
Script Line: 656

I have a similar script for something else that works without issues. I have attached the script and associated files that go along with everything. There is a Users.ini file in the \Files\Data folder that has all the information you need to enter to allow you to use the script. The code will probably look very sloppy to you but it works for me since I'm not pro. I've also thought about rewriting a lot of it using more of what I am learning. Thanks for any help that I can get. Please be gentle with me.

Coin Purse.zip

The problem you describe is caused by AutoIt 3.3.14.2. With version 3.3.12.0 everything works just fine.
This has been described in a few threads.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Spoiler

i had this issue aswel but instead of downgrading autoit i ran the compiled program in windows 7 compatibility mode. i have windows 10. maybe try a few different windows versions and see how it goes.

It is not an issue with the Operating System but with the way AutoIt 3.3.14.2 handles COM errors. Nested COM errors are not handled well and therefore the script crashes.

Only solutions (at the moment) are:

• Downgrade to version 3.3.12.0
  • Split the nested statements into multiple statements (something I will do as soon as I find some spare time)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

17 hours ago, water said:

The problem you describe is caused by AutoIt 3.3.14.2. With version 3.3.12.0 everything works just fine.
This has been described in a few threads.

Ok thanks. I've had a few rough weeks and haven't really looked into the forums. Apologies for not reading in advance.

No problem :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki