How to check if the plugin MozRepl is installed ?

Hello :) ,

I have developped an AutoIt script for Mozilla Firefox, using the FF.au3 UDF file, but I was wondering there was a way to check if the plugin MozRepl (that is necessary) is installed ? I mean an automatic check with AutoIt code, not going to "Modules" menu and check if MozRepl is in the add-on list of course ;)

Edited by Jules

you need not only to detect if MozRepl is installed - you must know that it is set to start automatically, and that there are no other extensions of configuration that may cripple your automatic process - for example, telemetry is disabled, crash recovery is disabled, and not to mention automatic updates... you also need to make sure that users do not interfere with your automation process, in case they are using Firefox for regular browsing. i'm sure experience will introduce you to more such pitfalls.

the most reliable way is to deploy a portable instance of Firefox, already configured for your automation needs. use that for automation, do not let users see it, use it or interact with it.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

2 hours ago, orbs said:

you need not only to detect if MozRepl is installed - you must know that it is set to start automatically, and that there are no other extensions of configuration that may cripple your automatic process - for example, telemetry is disabled, crash recovery is disabled, and not to mention automatic updates... you also need to make sure that users do not interfere with your automation process, in case they are using Firefox for regular browsing. i'm sure experience will introduce you to more such pitfalls.

the most reliable way is to deploy a portable instance of Firefox, already configured for your automation needs. use that for automation, do not let users see it, use it or interact with it.

Thanks for your useful advice ! :) Actually, this script is meant to be deployed for a few users in a company, I think the easiest way is to tell them to install it on their browser ^^