Automatically attach a file in Internet Explorer

kin

Hello all,

first i want to excuse if this question is stupid as i am a newbie , but it is important for me how to do it. I must send some archive files every day to a *.jsp page. I found the Internet Explorer Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3 from DaleHohm and 10x to this automation i can navigate to the requested link, but i can't find nothing about attaching a file in Internet Explorer. The situation is a little more complicated because when i choose the file, start one program which calculate the hash sum of the file, and during these time the 'Submit' button is disabled. Can anyone help me with these or i am on the wrong track

10x in advance to all

Hello all,

first i want to excuse if this question is stupid as i am a newbie , but it is important for me how to do it. I must send some archive files every day to a *.jsp page. I found the Internet Explorer Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3 from DaleHohm and 10x to this automation i can navigate to the requested link, but i can't find nothing about attaching a file in Internet Explorer. The situation is a little more complicated because when i choose the file, start one program which calculate the hash sum of the file, and during these time the 'Submit' button is disabled. Can anyone help me with these or i am on the wrong track

10x in advance to all

Hello kin,

Welcome to the forums.

I have to admit to not having done any testing with fileUpload and IE.au3, but <input type="file"> is set up as a normal form element.

I'm not understanding exactly what trouble you are having so I'll need you to provide more detail. Preferably, privide an example publicly available on the Internet that allows for demonstration and testing.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hello kin,

Welcome to the forums.

I have to admit to not having done any testing with fileUpload and IE.au3, but <input type="file"> is set up as a normal form element.

I'm not understanding exactly what trouble you are having so I'll need you to provide more detail. Preferably, privide an example publicly available on the Internet that allows for demonstration and testing.

Dale

Hello Dale,

10x for the fast reply, i will paste some example, because i don't know for something like these on the internet. This is is my work, and it is a little more complicated.here are the View Source:

<FORM NAME="signerForm" ACTION="/boricalogs/UploadFileServlet" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" METHOD="post" onsubmit="this.elements['Submit'].disabled=true;">

<table border=0 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" class="btxt" >

<tr><td>&nbsp;</td>

<td>

<font size="-1" color="blue">

</td></tr>

<tr><td>Име на фаил&nbsp</td>

<td><input type="hidden" name="currentPath" value="/BIDILog.do">

<input type="hidden" name="logType" value="BI">

<input type="hidden" name="processFileAction" value="/registerBIDIFile.do">

<INPUT NAME=cardfilefile CLASS="btxt" TYPE=FILE size="45" maxlength="50" onchange="sign()" disabled />

</td>

</tr>

<tr><td>&nbsp</td>

<td>

<table width="100%" border=0 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" class="btxt" >

<tr>

<td CLASS="btxt" align="left" >

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="fileSign" SIZE=50 >

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="clientCert" SIZE=350>

&nbsp;

</td>

<td align="right"><INPUT CLASS="clsLoginSend" type="submit" name="Submit" value="Send" disabled ></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</FORM></td></tr>

And my programm passage :

$Biname="t:\Bi511216.zip"

$url="https://intranet_url/"

$o_IE=_IEAttach($url,"url")

if Not IsObj($o_IE) Then

MsgBox(0,"","No open IE")

Exit 1

EndIf

_IENavigate ($o_IE, "https://intranet_url/BIDILog.do")

_IEClickLinkByText ($o_IE, "Refresh")

$osignForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($o_IE, "signerForm")

$oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByIndex($osignForm, 3)

_IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, $Biname)

$oInput.fireEvent("onchange")

_IELoadWait($o_IE)

#cs

$oSubmitButton = _IEFormElementGetObjByIndex($osignForm, 6)

$oSubmitButton.Click

_IELoadWait($o_IE)

_IEFormSubmit($osignForm)

_IELoadWait($o_IE)

#ce

This work when i want to change some other type like options and so on but when i want to put the file name in this form nothing is shown and if i submit the form i receive the message that there is no file attached.

10x in advance to all

Hi all,

i have make a litle web site example for my tries. Here is the code and the link.

http://topbgproperty.com/k.php

Source:

$Biname="c:\RI511280.ZIP"

$url="http://topbgproperty.com/k.php"

if Not IsObj($o_IE) Then

MsgBox(0,"","Not Found")

Exit

EndIf

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByIndex($o_IE, 0)

$oRegion = _IEFormElementGetObjByIndex($oForm, 0)

MsgBox(0,"",@error)

_IEFormElementSetValue($oRegion, $Biname)

$oRegion.fireEvent("onchange")

MsgBox(0,"",@error)

;_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

I don't know what to do, to attach the file. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. Excuse for my bad english. 10x to all

Hello Kin,

I said I had not done any testing with "type=file" fields, but in fact this same question was raised once before and I had forgotten about it. The behavior you are seeing is an apparently intentional restriction of the DOM in both IE and Netscape that prevents the value of this element from being directly scriptable.

See the other discussion here where I suggest a workaround of giving focus to the input box and then using the AutoIt Send function to input your filename (in your example $oRegion.focus followed by a Send("filename")).

BTW, you will want to use the Submit (or simulate a .click on the submit button) and not use the .fireEvent which requires an onclick= action be specified for the form.

Dale

Hi all,

i have make a litle web site example for my tries. Here is the code and the link.

http://topbgproperty.com/k.php

Source:

$Biname="c:\RI511280.ZIP"

$url="http://topbgproperty.com/k.php"

if Not IsObj($o_IE) Then

MsgBox(0,"","Not Found")

Exit

EndIf

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByIndex($o_IE, 0)

$oRegion = _IEFormElementGetObjByIndex($oForm, 0)

MsgBox(0,"",@error)

_IEFormElementSetValue($oRegion, $Biname)

$oRegion.fireEvent("onchange")

MsgBox(0,"",@error)

;_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

I don't know what to do, to attach the file. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. Excuse for my bad english. 10x to all

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hello Kin,

I said I had not done any testing with "type=file" fields, but in fact this same question was raised once before and I had forgotten about it. The behavior you are seeing is an apparently intentional restriction of the DOM in both IE and Netscape that prevents the value of this element from being directly scriptable.

See the other discussion here where I suggest a workaround of giving focus to the input box and then using the AutoIt Send function to input your filename (in your example $oRegion.focus followed by a Send("filename")).

BTW, you will want to use the Submit (or simulate a .click on the submit button) and not use the .fireEvent which requires an onclick= action be specified for the form.

Dale

Hi Dale,

10x again for the fast reply. I will use this way to upload files, but i have one last specific question. In my real example which is Reply#2 i have button Submit disabled. Is there a function which check the status of the button and if it is enabled to click it. For now i use Sleep() function but the time is different every time and i want to make it faster then Sleep()

10x in advance

In my real example which is Reply#2 i have button Submit disabled. Is there a function which check the status of the button and if it is enabled to click it. For now i use Sleep() function but the time is different every time and i want to make it faster then Sleep()

The .disabled property of an element can be queried (it is a read/write property) so you could easily
While $oSubmit.disabled
    sleep(100)
Wend
to idle waiting for it to become enabled.

Dale

The .disabled property of an element can be queried (it is a read/write property) so you could easily

While $oSubmit.disabled
    sleep(100)
Wend
to idle waiting for it to become enabled.

Dale

10x Dale,

this spend mi a time.