Open excel

titi9030

HI to everybody

I am trying to open an excel file, but I can not figure out what is the correct syntaxis of it.. 

I have read it from the help part of autoi, but unfortunatelly I coud not find what's the correct way for doing it, I`d like to open a file that exist in my desktop

"#include <Excel.au3>
_Excel_BookOpen ( $oExcel, $sFilePath [, $bReadOnly = False [, $bVisible = True [, $sPassword = Default [, $sWritePassword = Default [, $bUpdateLinks = Default]]]]] )"

Thank you very much

Just now, titi9030 said:

HI to everybody

I am trying to open an excel file, but I can not figure out what is the correct syntaxis of it.. 

I have read it from the help part of autoit, but unfortunatelly I coud not find what's the correct way for doing it, I`d like to open a file that exist in my desktop

"#include <Excel.au3>
_Excel_BookOpen ( $oExcel, $sFilePath [, $bReadOnly = False [, $bVisible = True [, $sPassword = Default [, $sWritePassword = Default [, $bUpdateLinks = Default]]]]] )"

Thank you very much

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Did you have a look at the example scripts that come with the help file?
$sPath should be something like

@DesktopDir & "\Your_Filename.xlsx"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

10 hours ago, water said:

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Did you have a look at the example scripts that come with the help file?
$sPath should be something like

@DesktopDir & "\Your_Filename.xlsx"

I have tried with it, but it doesn't work either

Thanks for  your support, i really apreciate..

Can you please post the exact code you used?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

OK, let's try this little script:

#include <Excel.au3>
Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
MsgBox(0, "", "Open: " & @error)
Global $sFilePath = @DesktopDir & "\hola.xlsx" 
_Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sFilePath)
MsgBox(0, "", "BookOpen: " & @error)

What do you get?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Great.
What's the next step?
How do you want to process the Excel workbook?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

i want to open a website and look for some information I have read in workbook, the idea is to create cycle in order to copy from Excel and paste into the website..

the information would be in range "a1" into the workbook and once I have look it into the website I wanto copy the information I need in range "a2" then "a3", "a4" depens on what I am looking for... 

I am using autoit, coz it allow me to use the mouse to click into the website, it was not possible in visual basic for Excel..

What can you recommend me?

#include <IE.au3>

$sURL = "http://www.despegar.com.co/"
$oIE = _IECreate($sURL, 0, 0, 0)
$HWND = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")
WinSetState($HWND, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
_IEAction($oIE, "visible")
_IELoadWait($oIE)
MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_PRIMARY, 85, 342, 2)

To read data from Excel use function _Excel_RangeRead. Either cell by cell or the whole worksheet and then loop through the array.
I wouldn't use functions to automate the browser via GUI (WinSetState, MouseClick ...) because they are not very reliable. They depend on screen resolution and window position.
I suggest to use the IE* functions for everything.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki